2000 Mercedes Benz Sl Class

Great car with a couple problems

by from Palm Harbor, FL on May 10, 2010

I've had the car, a very low milage one, for about a year. It has great power and comfort. There were a couple problems, radio display, CD changer, and a plastic wheel well piece that needed repair. I guess it was just the age of the car. Overall, a great vehicle.

MOVING ON UP

by from Wilmette, IL on September 2, 2012

With a one-time business bonus of $17 several years ago, I bought a fully restored, cherry '59 MGA roadster. Two years later, I sold it and bought a cherry '96 Jaguar XJS 6 cyl. convertible. Then sold that and bought a new Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 convertible. It was a pocket rocket, but better for a 17 yr old (I'm 74). I was pining for an '83 Fiat Spider roadster when I found the car of my dreams at a local Cadillac dealer. I traded the Mitsu w/ 5K miles for a 2000 Mercedes Benz SL500 V8 roadster with only 17K miles (!), which I've owned since February 2012. In retrospect, if I could have afforded it and had the garage space, I should have kept all of them. Let me tell you, when people speak reverently about German engineering, they are understating it. This car is sooo much more of a car than the Mitsu. It is solid! It is comfortable! It is beautiful! It is, as my wife says, "therapy" within which to drive and ride. The Jaguar was more suave in its looks, power and ride, but the Mercedes is every bit as good in a more Germanic way (and I'm Italian). I may revert to another Jaguar someday, but only after clocking many, many miles on the SL500.

Great Car

by from Indiana on April 17, 2017

Fun to drive and reliable. Gets pretty good mileage on the highway and respectable mileage in town.

DREAM CAR

by from MANSFIELD,OHIO on April 23, 2012

DREAM COME TRUE NO DISAPPOINTMENTS AT ALL. CAR IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED IT TO BE PLUS SOME. THE SL 600 IS AWESOME

Head turner!

by from Chg, il on April 21, 2009

I had a 03 S55, which i like very much, great performance, but give me a engine with row power over a Supercharge or Turbo engine any day! meanwhile this car will hold it value a lot longer and is much better to bet up on and a lot smaller. Both cars are a dream.

Great car for a nice day

by from San Diego, CA on July 7, 2011

Love my SL500 convertible. Wonderfully balanced ride and power. The car has all the bells and whistles - heated seats, CD changer, hard top and soft top.

it wasnt how i thought it would be..

by from sacramento, ca on September 14, 2017

the vehicle i test drove a 2000 sl500 and was a disappointment. the dealership didnt bother fixing the upholstery, so the interior wasnt good.besides a couple dings on da cosmetic the exterior was in an ok shape.performance wasnt what i expected it.the car is heavy n not enough H.P from take off,but did a lot better on the freeway. pick up speed is very good.handleling is very easy n rides nice...but i dont like the gas milage .i was payin attention to the fuel gauge n saw it move...the dealership had it priced at 3950 dollars as it...needs a new upholstery or fix the old one..minor dings but body is in very good condition..i wouldve bought it but couldnt come to an agreement.
Not Rated Reliability

Great Car!

by from Delray Bch, FL. on October 4, 2017

what needs to be said about an SL500 that you don't know? It has been a sign of class ans style since it's inception!

Uses car for Havingfun