2010 Mariner

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2010 Mercury Mariner?

My last 3 cars were Navigators.

by Pineknot from Jupiter, Florida on Tue May 24 2011

I bought this car new a year ago because I was concerned about rising gas prices. I've driven it round trip along the Smoky Mountains following the ridge South /North/South to the U. S. borders in 3 weeks on a road trip letting my teenage granddaughter perfect her driving ability. We've taken several other 2 tank trips over the past year. I have had no problems with it other than the automatic transmission feels like it should shift, but I have downsized from a V8 to a V6. I have yet to get over 25mpg, but I average 23.6 in local driving. I've used both regular and E85 (when I can get it). This has turned out to be a very dependable and comfortable car. No problem with steering wheel vibration. I find the center console too far back, but I thought that was because I needed the seat set so far forward. I don"t like the set up of the front cup holders. It is too easy for things to spill into the shift area.

LOVE MY MARINER

by FRANCESCA from on Thu Feb 04 2010

I PURCHASED MY NEW 2010 MARINER AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. IT IS QUIET, HANDLES BEAUTIFULLY, AND IS VERY, VERY COMFORTABLE. I HAVE THE 6 CYL. WITH AWD AND THE ENGINE IS SMOOTH AND IT NAVIGATES GREAT THROUGH THE WINTER SNOW. MY GAS MILEAGE AVERAGES ABOUT 16.5 IN THE CITY, BUT I EXPECT THAT TO IMPROVE ONCE I GET OUT ON THE X-WAY AND GET SOME MILES ON IT. I LOVE MY MARINER!!!

Mercury Mariner

by Great car for the outdoors from St Paul, MN on Thu Nov 05 2015

Great vehicle for the money, great for the woods and the winter. The 4 cylinder is a little light, but does a great job overall. Interior space is amazing, and you can fit a lot in there. I would recommend this to anyone with a family or pets.

Safetest vehicle driving in the sleet and snow!

by Caitlin from Pittsfield,MA on Sat Apr 08 2017

This car is a dream in the sleety snowy Berkshires! I love the way it sits high like a truck and there's so much room for the driver and passengers!

by Highlander from Montgomery City, Missouri on Thu Apr 13 2017

I have had my SUV since 2010 and don't have one complaint! Very reliable, nice performance and styling is outstanding!! Loaded with many options and they all work seamlessly! I highly recommend this vehicle for standard, snow or mud drenched roads!!!

Best vehicle I've ever known

by Susan S from on Sun Mar 12 2017

I wish they were still being manufactured. Mine is 7 yrs. old. It's been serviced every 5000 miles. So far it's never been in for repairs. Runs like a charm. Great in snow. Fairly good mileage. Body of cat in great shape.

Not our best car.

by Mariner Owner from Madison, WI on Wed Sep 13 2017

We bought this car new. Pampered it, washing it often. Despite that, rustout occurred above rear wheels. Now rust beginning on lip of rear tailgate.

Does not recommend this car!!

Never buy another Ford product

by Unhappy in Ohio from Parma Ohio on Mon Jun 05 2017

Bought 2010 Mercury Mariner. Have had 2 throttle bodies replaced! Was driving on highway and lost power with no warning at all. First throttle body was replaced free of charge with recall letter. 13 months later it did it again and I had to pay for it. Unacceptable. Called Ford motor company with no help there. Will never buy another Ford. They know the throttle body is defective.

Does not recommend this car!!

Curse of the Black Pearl

by Sparrow from Augusta, KS on Tue May 04 2010

We purchased a 2010 Mercury Mariner about a month ago. It handles fine, I like the way it looks and it is roomy enough to have passengers. The plastic around the drive shaft is cheap, warped or just doesn't meet together well. This was a 30,000 dollar vehicle and I am somewhat surprised at the shabbiness of some aspects of it. The silver painted plastic console is already scratched, the tray in the console for CD's, etc. is difficult to access (set to far back) and the sunglass holder would only hold "baby sunglasses)...it is much too small for regular adult size. The drivers right leg has no place to go if the car is in cruise and the seats proved to be hard on an out of town trip. My left leg was killing me by the time I arrived although it quickly recovered. I could live with all of this but, to my surprise, the car has been back to the dealer service repair shop twice now. This last time they have had it for five days and expect it to be a couple of more days. They finally found the problem. The drive chain in the transmission must be replaced. I also have issues with the needles on the gauges "jumping" and the lights on the dashboard will suddenly brighten and then dim again. This happens repeatedly. Is this a design flaw? A computer flaw? They tell me the needles jumping is normal behavior but they can't "duplicate" the dashboard lights suddenly flashing bright and so cannot repair that. Should a new car be having these issues? I think not. My first new car and i am worried I have a lemon.

Better car then most

by Research from Fargo, ND on Mon Apr 16 2012

First of All decide if you want great or good MPG. 4vs6cly, I chose economy with the FWD 4cly. So far 21 in winter, 23 summer all in town. (I was getting 30 babying it in town/Hwy with 87oct 100% gas.) But at 75 to 80 mph you get 25mpg. It does well in winter 2-4in snow, I took it on a blizzard day and it drove fine, just drive slow, and have good tires. It slides a little where I used to do 360s with an old 4x4 jeep. The 6speed transmission gives a lite jerk which is supposed to be normal, but still weird from a new car. Had a CV seal go out with only 23K miles on it. warranty covered it but still mad about oil everywhere. I have some speaker problem (a wire) because the speaker sound gets distorted then will work fine. Took it in and ford replaced speaker but still cuts in and out. LOVE heated seats, feels so good on lower bad backs. That little engine heats up quickly even in winter. Dont like the blind spots that crossovers have. But having that second mirror in mirror really helps. Does not have power. Better then most 4cly cars but still great in town. I went for economy not performance.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Mercury Mariner

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2008 about the 2009 Mercury Mariner. Reliability data for the current generation have since emerged, rendering a predicted reliability score of Average or Better Than Average from Consumer Reports for a new Mariner, depending on the specific drivetrain. To see other changes for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2009 Mercury Mariner has been mechanically overhauled, on the heels of a total redesign for 2008. New four-cylinder and V-6 drivetrains produce more power with better gas mileage, and ride quality and braking performance have improved. The cabin also has some interesting new options.

Those are... Read More