2006 Mercury Milan

Need gone asap

by from Columbus, Ohio on August 13, 2017

Nice car if i had the money to fix it i would keep this vehicle good on gas best car i had out of all my cars

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Music sound like through La fenestra!

by from Allentown,GA on January 5, 2016

When I turn the radio on to opera in my Milan, its like-a-Im-a in LA SCALA with the Great Caruso singing Riggeletto.BRAVO!

Great Car

by from Central Square, New York on December 29, 2014

Love the sporty look of the car and the overall comfort. Has all the features you would want in a car.

Performance and reliability

by from Aurora, CO on September 7, 2012

I'm completely satisfied with my used car. It drives nicely and performs well when driving around town.

Ford Motor Company's Better Car

by from Pennsylvania on June 4, 2012

Nice solid car - like all Mercury's a step above a Ford. The pro's are many and do outweigh the cons. Ford should have kept this car line and lost the Ford equivalent - the Fusion - and the Taurus redux. The cons include a poor performing transmission. First you only have two forward stick settings for a six speed transmission, Drive and First gear! A real waste. Second the six speed in a dash will stick in a low gear not allowing full acceleration if you jump on the throttle - it will not up shift unless you back off your stomp. A nice powerful engine that is just hemmed in by a sloppy transmission that could have and should have been designed better. My six cylinder 96 Sable with a four speed transmission would jump out like a jack rabbit with it's tail on fire. A true race car if you needed quick acceleration. A car ten years younger with two additional gears should perform as well if not better than it's counterpart - it doesn't! Rear visibility is troublesome. The very high capacity truck with the resulting high truck lid will have you wondering what's behind you. A rear facing camera would be a nice addition to this car. But the trunk will have you thinking you bought a station wagon. The drop down rear seat backs give you the ability to carry a six foot ladder completely inside the car. You can carry all your luggage for your around the world journey without a problem. Road handling is solid, and the car handles very well. Mercury's typically have a stiff suspension, but not bone jarring. The headlights are amazing - you will never want to drive a car that doesn't have what this car offers for night driving. Other than the aforementioned cons it is a very nice car, and I will purchase another if I can find one with auto temp controls in a color other than black.

Great car for the money

by from Bethlehem Pa on April 4, 2012

I have a 2006 Mercury Milan Premier I-4. I like this car a lot looks great inside and out, but it is not perfect. The paint under the hood is starting to peal of the body and around the gas cap area. It doesn't turn well at all in parking lots and you can't see the back of the car in the mirrors. My automatic transmission went out at only 77k and had to be replaced. Took a Ford Dealer 4 weeks to get it back to me since I purchased an extended Worrenty. They wanted to make sure it wasn't driver error. It wasn't it was a mechanical failure so they paid for a reman unit but it took them 4 WEEKS. Aside from the problems I have had I still live tis car. It it great the 4 cylinder Mazda engine has good power and gets 32-35 mpg average on the open road. I plan on keeping this car for a long time maybe even over 200k. Ford did give me a 3 year 36k Worrenty on the remanufactured transmission and they paid for a rental car while the Milan was down. The price of the car was great way cheeper that it Asian or Europien counterparts and it came fully loaded with leather, heated mirrors, automatic climate control/ headlights, 6 disk cd changer but no aux input. So I would still recommend this car and my next car will be a FORD.

Best ever!!!

by from Texas on November 22, 2011

I purchased the 2012 Kia Sportage last July and absolutely love it! It has been one of the very best car purchases that I have ever made. It is very reliable, comfortable, and has tons of features that I love. It also has lots of get-up-and go, which is important as I do lots of highway driving. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!

Greatest Car ever! and it is beautiful!!!

by from Cleveland, OH on October 26, 2010

I love my Milan. It is sleek and stylish. I get unbelievable gas mileage and the handling is excellent. I have not had a single mechanical problem. I have recommended this car to all my friends and family!

Great Buy!

by from Madison, CT on August 12, 2010

Bought the V-6 Milan (not premier version) within this past year after it had been a company car for its first 38k miles. Car was in perfect condition, aside from having a sticking caliber on the back wheel within the first 5 months. With the warranty it only cost $100.00 to fix and it caused no other problems then or after. The only other financial roadblock I have hit is buying an all new set of tires, but that was expected since I drive so much. The biggest annoyance I have with the car is how loud it drives when at speeds about 50-60mph. Without the radio on, the engine noise is extremely difficult to ignore. Other than that, its a champ! The V-6 is the perfect amount of power for the size of the car. I do regret not spending a little more money to get the premier version Milan with the sunroof, leather and different interior design but it wasn't what I was paying attention to during my car-shopping process. This car is an excellent buy for any age and everyone should at least give it a test drive to see if it fits their lifestyle.

Fun Car!

by from Austin, TX on August 5, 2010

This car is a great drive! Tight steering, plenty of pep, and luxury features that make you comfortable for any ride. The fuel effiency in town is about 18mpg in Austin and about 28mpg on the highway. I've noticed it has two settings for acceleration, fuel efficient and race-car. The fuel efficient mode is rather sluggish and tends to hesitate. If you decide you need to accelerate in a hurry, it takes half a second to respond, then she feels competitive for drag racing (I've never... I've only heard... ok, I have a lead foot and like to go fast). The turning radius is disappointing, more like a full-size SUV. But, it's a fun car with lost of personality!

Our Expert Review: 2006 Mercury Milan