2005 Montego

2005 Mercury Montego

2005 Mercury Montego

4.5

Have you driven the 2005 Mercury Montego?

Best car I've ever owned...Paul in Napa

by drhealth from Napa, CA on Sun Aug 21 2011

No problems with this car. Excellent fuel economy. Huge interior with clever seats; swallows up up to a 14 ft. ladder by folding rear and front passenger seat backs. All wheel drive is awesome yet unobtrusive; weighs only 140 lb more than the front wheel drive.. Fantastic breaks. Very quiet. Good audio system standard. Transmission has infinite gears; makes so much sense. Amazing number of air bags for safety. Ford is a pioneer in crash technology and continues the tradition by crashing more cars than any other company. Standard features such as high intensity headlights and LED tail lights that never burn out and light up almost a full second sooner than incandescant bulbs (Prevents rear -end collisions) are much appreciated. As my beloved father said "Son you should buy one...they are giving them away!" I did and am so glad!

Fantastic!

by Dependable Man from Gilbert, AZ on Thu Jun 21 2012

Great fuel economy! Extremely dependable, Great leather luxury interior. Met everyone of my needs! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone! If I didn't have to move for school there is no way I would sell it!

Montego is a very reliable car.

by I love fast cars from Nashville, Tn on Tue Jun 12 2012

I have owned this car since 05 and I have never had a problem with the car. AWD comes in handy during the winter time.

Very quiet and smooth driving

by Mike from Liitleton, CO on Wed Apr 09 2008

This car is spacious, handles well and was surprisingly quiet inside. The premier comes loaded with many convenient options. More importantly the gas mileage for this car was excellent.

Value & Comfort

by Content from Glendale Heights, IL on Sat Jan 30 2010

The Mercury Montego is the perfect car for a family of five. Exterior lines are classic with a few modern touches. My model, the Premier, came with front wheel drive and 18" wheels wheel allow for good manuevering and quick response. The interior is two-tone leather with plenty of leg room for all passengers big and small. The cabin is slightly noisey to road, traffic and engine. The controls are easy to read and access while driving. The five speed CVT transmission is lacking response from the get go. The average mpg I've been getting is 21 to a full tank of gas if I don't challenge any yellow lights. Plenty of trunk space for luggage or long trips. Overall this vehicle could use a 3.5 engine with a six-speed trans.

2005 Mercury Montego Premier

by Kathie from Lewiston, Maine on Sun Oct 27 2013

We loved the vehicle the moment we saw it and liked it even better when we test drove the car,. The vehicle had everything we were looking for, heated seats, power seats, driver and passenger and sunroof as well as many other features. The car drives like a new vehicle and is smooth riding and quiet. The side mirrors are larger which makes it easy to see both sides. I like the back up sensor that tells me I am getting too close. Overall we are extremely happy with this purchase.

Great Full Size , Value of Money

by Full Size Car Fan from Dallas,TX on Mon Mar 02 2015

I own this car and I love the size , I also love everything else about it like leather seats,heated seats and power seats , I love media and cruise control on the steering wheel and oh yes I love Memory Seats , The Car is very reliable , I recommend this car for anybody

Would purchase again!

by Sedan Lover from Southern Maine on Sat May 07 2011

I've owned this vehicle for almost a year and I am still very satisfied. I have had no problems whatsoever, and the only money I've spent on upkeep has been a couple oil changes. Very comfortable, classy interior and attractive exterior especially for price. I have read some reviews complaining about the acceleration. Although I'd be happier with the 3.5L V6 I had in my old Taurus GL, I merge into fast moving traffic with ease and find it more than sufficient in the pep department. I am actually looking forward to an upcoming 1300 mile drive in my Mercury.

Great car for the money

by mercury1 from on Wed Apr 27 2011

So far the Montego is an great value for the money. Lots of room on the front, rear and the trunk area. Easy to drive despite the large configuration. Engine is nice if driven normal. Lots of standard features. High intensity lights (HID) with auto headlights, LED tail lamps, information center and an A/C with dual controls for the driver and front passenger are pluses.

Very good ride, excellent service and economy.

by Keith from S. C. on Sat Nov 10 2007

Very good vehicle. Comfortable ride and excellent handling characteristics. Excellent fuel economy. Outstanding trunk room, good head, leg and hip room. Well appointed. With over 34,000 miles, no mechanical or appearance issues. Could use more horsepower but this problem has been solved in new models (Sable). Would readily recommend to a friend as a good buy.

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Mercury Montego

At a time of general excellence in automotive design and construction, when even cheap cars so easily vault buyer expectations, it is a rare and perverse pleasure to find a car as certifiably doggy as the Mercury Montego.

A car whose lack of charisma is so dense no light can escape its surface, the Montego is the Mercury Division's upscale twin to the Ford Five Hundred sedan, though the Montego's version of upscale is of the Korean off-shore casino variety. The faux wood-grain interior trim looks like it came off a prison lunch tray. I've felt better leather upholstery on footballs.

But this is not a case of a car nibbled to death by details. Overall, the car has a profoundly geriatric feeling about... Read More