2007 Mountaineer

2007 Mercury Mountaineer

2007 Mercury Mountaineer

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer?

Surprised by the performance

by DoxieMom from Cleveland, OH on Fri Feb 06 2009

This vehicle replaced my 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada. When I first started looking for a car, I was disappointed with what was out there; I had wished that Olds was still in business. My final choice was between a Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer and the Merc Mountaineer Premier. Hands down, the Mountaineer had a better ride and I loved the features. While I've only had it 1-1/2 months, purchasing it as it's second owner, I was surprised that I got better mileage than my Bravada and the car has a much bigger gas tank. It also came with a remote starter that has come in handy this January with the cold weather we've been getting. I can have my car warming up as I leave the office for home! I love all the features - in particular, the ceiling vents to heat/cool the back area of the car. I am always traveling with my dachshunds and knew the two dogs that prefer to be backseat rides were a little colder than the dogs in front. Love the ride and overall performance. The only negative comment would be the positioning of the turn signal/wiper wand. As other's have mentioned, it's a bit awkward. However, I've aclimated to it at this point and no longer notice the issue.

Very pleased

by NDJ from Simsbury, CT on Wed Dec 08 2010

Purchased a used 2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premiere. Vehicle was loaded with vitually every option available, Color is "White Chocolate". I've gotten compliments from many neighbors on how good-looking it is. This is my 3rd SUV ( previous 2 were Explorers) and the ride is exceptionally smooth. Even though it's an 8 cylinder, I'm getting about 20 MPG on longer highway trips. Love this vehicle !

Beautiful Baby

by Car Lover from Utica, NY on Fri Jan 25 2013

Although the vehicle has a few flaws, I absolutely love it! It came with some nice amenities that were a nice surprise - beautiful chrome wheels! It is very pretty, drives great and I am totally enjoying it. I am so happy!

My first SUV

by 01Bullitt from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. on Thu Jan 03 2008

I recently made a trip to R.I.and back to FLA. this is the most comfortable long distance vehicle that I have ever driven in. The navigatiion system was excellent, providing information on locations of ATM's, Gas ststions, Restaurants and other emergency information. My average gas milage was 22.6 mpg. and power from the 4.6L V-8 was excellent. Power third row seats and folding second row seats create a flat and large cargo area. The 18" wheels look great and the Michelin tires provided a quiet and smoothe ride along with good control. The only thing that I did not like and found akward to use was the wiper-turn signal stalk, its angle made it difficult to use.

Amazing Luxury SUV

by Virginia S. from Highland Park, Texas on Fri Dec 31 2010

I bought my 2007 Mercury Mountaineer 4x4 new and have no regrets at all. The ride is wonderful, the seats are extremely comfortable, the leather is very plush and the Mountaineer just looks classy. My one and only complaint is the headroom. My husband, who is just over 6ft. tall thinks the roof is just a little low. However, with styling and comfort like this, both of us agreed to keep the Mountaineer for many years to come. I will never again go back to a Chevy or Chrysler product again!

After one month everything is good

by Mustang Man from Dallas TX on Sat Jul 19 2014

Only had the Mercury for a month. Made one 400 mile trip and performance was good. Mileage has been a little lower that expected. Highway mileage 21 to 22.

Do not waste money for an unreliable gas guzzler.

by gogojojo from albuquerque on Wed Aug 23 2017

top heavy, plan on buying tires a lot due to a poor design with awd system. Did not handle well also

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesome car for the money

by Love my mercury from Irvington, KY on Wed Dec 06 2006

I just purchased this vehicle with the optional v8 awd, nav, power run boards, and sat rad and I am totally in aww! For less money than a standard 4 door 4x4 ford f-150 I got everything I wanted and more. It drives great but I feel like I am setting a little high. I probably need to learn to adjust my seats. It is everything that I wanted and more. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a large family or wants to carry stuff but still want luxury. I recommend black with black leather.

Great Value

by Edsnyder486 from Indiana on Sun Jul 07 2013

A great value and price excellent condition loaded with features. Looks like new rides well exactly what I was looking for.

They lost ground from my 1997 to 2007

by 2nd mountaineer from Chicago IL on Wed Apr 02 2008

I bought a new 2007 and traded in my 1997 Mountaineer. After 10 years I figured it was time for an update. My new 07 was premium loaded with AWD 4.6L V8 Engine, 6 Speed Automatic Trans, power running boards, class 3 tow pkg, Heated leather, rear seat dvd, and navigation moon roof pkg. I must be partial to my old girl because my fully loaded 07 is missing things the 97 had. My 97 had some nice things like when you put the key in the door and turn it twice it unlocked all the doors, not on the 07. The 97 was able to lock the car from the cargo compartment, as an airline pilot it was nice to grab my bags put my keys away then lock the car and shut the tailgate, not on the 07. The seats are comfortable but after only 1300 miles the leather started to wrinkle and looked wore down, it seems like it will be hard to care for. The independent rear suspension gives the 07 a less truck like ride but it?s not bad. The person who spoke the wiper-turn signal stalk is right on, it is at a odd angle. Good luck to look out the rear cargo compartment window when backing up with the back seat head rests up. I am still not sure if I will keep it.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer

When the Ford Explorer was significantly upgraded for 2006, the similar Mercury Mountaineer was given the same treatment, bringing both of these popular SUVs up to date.

For 2007, there are some additional improvements, including the addition of Ford's Safety Canopy side-curtain air bags as standard equipment, an important safety feature in a large sport utility as this. The side curtain air bags offer great protection to the vehicle's occupants in the event of a rollover.

The vehicle also comes with electronic stability control system, made standard last year. This feature is designed to help prevent a rollover accident in the first place - always the better option than trying to survive an accident... Read More