1999 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews

Change Year
1999 Mercury Villager
4.5
Average based on 2 reviews

Very Impressed with this old van

by from Warren, MI on September 11, 2006

We bought ours used and a few years old with high miles at the time . . . but have become so impressed with this van that I have grown to love it. It is amazingly smooth and well behaved. I have experience as an auto engineer and am sensitive to NVH -- this old, high mileage van has really impressed me. The only semi-major repair was the rear A/C lines that corroded through -- poor design the cause. But, out on the road, it handles amazing well. I'm 6'4" so I wish the drivers seat had a bit more room; that might be my only complaint. But the seats are comfortable. Manual lumber is used often -- I prefer manual over power always when it comes to lumbar support. This is one impressive van and I'd but another used one.

after 100k

by from ann arbor MI on April 29, 2007

After putting on 100,000 miles on my villager (now at 150K) I can give it a hearty reccomendation. Daily travel has been nearly faultless. Packed full for camping, hauling gravel and dirt, or bringing home full sheets of plywood I have used this vehicle with no complaint. Although I try to drive it like a sports car it is still a minivan but one of the better handling ones. Mileage has always been 22(+-3) mpg.