2003 Cooper

2003 MINI Cooper

2003 MINI Cooper

3.9

Have You Driven the 2003 MINI Cooper?

Love this car

by Nick from on Mon Sep 07 2009

I love this car, it's fast and fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and gets me noticed everywhere I go. Girls always think it is "cute" and want a ride.

A no trouble car

by Long-time sports car owner from Oregon on Wed Sep 16 2009

Driving a MINI is a great experience! I've owned primarily tw-seater sports cars previously - TR3, MB, Miata -and enjoyed them. But the added room of the MINI (comparatively) make all the difference in traveling. Lots of luggage room for a week with spouse - plus the back seat folds for carrying packages too big for the luggage compartment. Service is only oil and fluid changes every 10,000 miles. I've found that this car has been hassle-free. And the fuel economy on the road is outstanding.

Fun but Imperfect

by Terran from Bay Area, California on Tue Apr 26 2011

I was specific about what I wanted and scanned cars.com and found what I wanted locally, an old model vehicle. Looks good, drives well but has some inconsistencies in the electrical (headlights) the dealer I purchased from did not correct, so it's still to be seen to. No problems with the engine, the features work okay and the maneuverability is good. It was a relief to find what I wanted thru a posting on a site I was checking regularly.

fun ride.

by Pantangalo from Fort Dix, NJ on Mon Apr 02 2012

I haven't had my mini long and although it was not the most comfortable deal we have made for a used car I love my mini. When this one dies I will certainly be buying another. I get 350 miles to the tank. Oh and did I mention.... I love my mini.

Fun Car, No Hassles

by zzwhm from on Sat Aug 01 2009

I've had two now, a 2002 MCS and currently a 2003 Cooper with sport package and automatic. This car is a great little around town ride and has not needed anything except scheduled maintenance. The finish and interior hold up well. The regular Cooper with cvt automatic is kinda pokey, but in stop and go city traffic the auto is nice.

Fun but expensive

by Tientai from denver, co on Fri Dec 08 2017

I bought a used Mini Cooper with only about 60,000 miles on it, even though it was about 12 years old at the time of purchase. Shortly after purchase, i had to replace the clutch and transmission (5 speed). Additionally, the water pump, steering pump, and main computer experienced problems that Mini fixed free of charge due to warranty and other issues. The car rides nicely, handles well, gets good mileage, and is fun. It is a little underpowered for getting through the mountains.

Does not recommend this car!!

What an amazing car

by EricaBoyFriend from EricaBoyFriend on Mon Jan 19 2009

My girlfriend has a 2003 MINI Cooper. It is an amazing, smooth to ride and drive. It has very good mileage and is very reliable to drive on all kinds of roads - freeways, state highways and rural roads and in-city driving. Seats are comfortable and all controls in the car are within hand's reach distance. Granted the space is limited in the car, but it truly provides value for the money.

Happy again

by Original Mini owner gone newer from Lewiston. Maine on Mon May 28 2012

My wife and had a Mini in Spain in the mid 70's. Couldn't ship it back and missed it. Now we have the new one basic like we had back then And we love it

Fun economical car. Inconvenient interior.

by Bennetdj from Vancouver, WA on Tue Nov 28 2017

I drove this car everyday for about 9 years. Did some road trips with my wife and 2 adult kids, and although I wouldn't call it roomy by any means, we made it work. It is a very fun car to drive as it make you feel very connected to the road. It isn't a fast car, but it feels very sporty driving it. In the nine years that I have owned this car I have put 100,000 miles on it. In that time I have rebuilt the transmission, replaced the clutch, replaced the alternator, replaced the power steering pump, replaced the thermostat, replaced the AC compressor clutch, and repaired the sunroof mechanism. I think that is a lot of maintenance, but maybe that is normal for newer cars. While the interior is comfortable (seats, driving position) it is not super convenient. There are only 2 very small cup holders (for pop cans) and no place to put a newer cell phone. Despite the inconvenience and repairs I would still purchase one of these again because I really like the styling (more than the newer models) and the way it drives. It is unique in a world of look alike cars!

Most entertaining car I've ever owned!!

by A 'Great-car' connoisseur from Vienna, OH on Tue Jul 24 2007

This MINI has been my favorite so far. Granted, it's small, and that can hinder some people. But for others, that is the desire! I have always looked forward to getting behind the wheel. It has NEVER let me down in any way. It's like driving a go-cart since it's very easy to handle; and for a 4-cylinder it has great get-up-and-go! I love the security of the FWD in the winter too. With the back seats folded down, you can haul many items. The MINI gets a TON of attention on the road since it's so adorable to look at. I would recommend this vehicle IF you aren't carrying children around on a regular basis and IF you enjoy just plain reliable fun.

1 2