2008 MINI Cooper consumer reviews

$18,050 starting MSRP
side view of 2008 Cooper MINI
Explore the 2008 MINI Cooper
Shop the 2008 MINI Cooper

Not a fan of foreign cars, Mini is the exception

I'm not a fan of foreign cars, I believe in supporting our country and buying American made vehicles. However, my 2008 Mini Cooper S convertible is the exception! I love this little car!!!! I was looking for a 6-speed turbo fun car to drive. I definitely found it with my Mini! Quick zippy little car! A brand new Camaro can beat me in straightaway, but he can't keep up with me on corners! The only thing I don't like about my Mini is the cost of insurance. I've own this car for a year and a half The only thing I've ever done to it was routine oil changes. Very reliable and if I could keep my foot out of it, the fuel economy would be really great!

Best car I’ve ever owned!

Great gas mileage, super speedy , handles like a high end sports car, cute and unique in a sea of cloned sedans. I’ll NEVER own anything else!

Most Reliable Car I have Owned

2 door Amazing little car. Low miles, sunroof, heated seats, new tires. Everything works. I'm 3rd owner. Only owned it for a year ,my family has grown and I need a bigger car. It is being sold with extended powertrain warranty for another 60,000miles. The warranty covered transmission replacement. I ve replaced clutch and flywheel and clutch slave assembly and 3 brand new tires. 4th tire is in reallygreatshape

3.3

Great if you are a mechanic.

Fun car to drive, has more leg room than you’d think, plagued with mechanical issues. The good, it’s really fun to drive, creeps to 90 mph and you barely realize it. Looks good, has a sturdy thunk when closing doors and such. When the back seats are down has a lot of storage room. Engine blew up from a timing belt break, I think around 80000 mi, then not long after it was replaced part of it melted in the Vegas heat causing a coolant leak which overheated the engine so it had to be towed into the shop. It’s been plagued with leaks, spends most of the time with the check engine light on. Tire sensors are useless, just adds another warning light to the dash, also constantly on since always. Has a weird judder motion while driving a lot of the time. It’s at 130,000 miles and the repairs on it are more than the car is worth. I’d bite the bullet but I’m pretty confident that I’d get it fixed and it’d need another couple thousand dollars in repairs within a year if not six months. Requires high grade gas which annoys me personally. Plus it’s super low and the front end scrapes all the time and is loose requiring a lot of Jerry rigged fixes to keep it in place. Bottom line, not a good car unless you have the time and disposable income to deal with its issues. Might be good for a mechanic’s hobby car. Or for someone who has enough money for a disposable fun car.

awesome car

small but comfortable, love the big gadgets, love the sunroof, great for traveling. I love minis they are a great asset and they drive smoothly.

Fun car to drive!

Great on gas! Fun to drive and smooth ride. Fun fun fun! Great car from driving to work. Very comfortable. Or great little car for a weekend get away.

Love this car

very easy and fun to drive. very easy and super fun to drive. handling is awesome. parking is not a problem

4.4

Mini Cooper hardtop

Excellent body lines in and out, however engine could use a few more horses. Handling is superb and technology offers are also great.

3.7

Fun Sporty Car

This car is small, but fit my petite frame quite well. It's a lot of fun to drive and gets great gas mileage! Just wishing it had cruise control for the longer road trips I take.

Most reliable and practical car I ever owned!

This car has a superior design and is super fun to drive. It is great when living in the city since you will always find parking. Despite its small size it's still relatively spacious in the inside. Simply a great car!