2008 Mini Cooper

Fun Sporty Car

by on July 18, 2017

This car is small, but fit my petite frame quite well. It's a lot of fun to drive and gets great gas mileage! Just wishing it had cruise control for the longer road trips I take.

Most reliable and practical car I ever owned!

by from New York on July 15, 2017

This car has a superior design and is super fun to drive. It is great when living in the city since you will always find parking. Despite its small size it's still relatively spacious in the inside. Simply a great car!

Economical easy to drive

by from Des moines Iowa on July 11, 2017

Like it nice design very comfortable, small car but supriseling not so small in the inside,and helps with my budget
Not Rated Reliability

A User Friendly Quasi-Pocket Rocket

by from Montgomery, AL on April 12, 2017

I can see the look on your face: I have told you I was going to review a Mini-Cooper. After the usual sobriety and blood alcohol tests, I am here to tell you the gently-used model I have is the most fun you can have and still get at least two kids to soccer. The fun is cornering just a little faster than normal after engaging the : sport's drive and you will understand why I LOVE my Mini. One caveat: you have no choice but to read the manual. The car uses technology and has most controls aircraft style. Pay close attention on start up, follow the few mandatory service and this will be a dream come true. Put several thousand miles on it and it has never let me down. If you follow the checklist, this is one car that reportedly increased in value...But who would do that?!? It really is a solid piece of engineering that holds you like a glove. I wanted the manual tranny but was forced to purchase an auto. I can sense the 'back' keys from here. Hold on, this automatic has a manual mode which allows the user of steering wheel paddles to shift up or down as well as take phone calls, pick from several audio sources including cell phones, USB and audio input and the usually cruise control. The car was just drained well. The BMW 1.1 L powerplant sounds like a little anemic. Not so! The sweet spot is between 2500 and 4000 RPM will move you on quite well thank you and cornering is like your on rails unless you could too far. The bust off is gentle and tracks straight in an easily negated slide. A turn into the slide puts the car in a stable slide till you gently cross back over the yellow line. Not enough room here to do justice to the Mini Cooper let alone what they have evolved into the 2016 Countryman and the magic it must bring with 'suicide doors' for the back seaters. My dream job would ideally be a 12 month review of the 2017 Countryman in British Racing Green or Red with racing stripes and the only deal breaker would be an automatic transmission. Back when I was younger I wrote for the squadron newsletter and the editor (read Commanding Officer) was a stickler for grammar and content. Test drive a Mini-Cooper before you throw down all that money for a semi-four wheeler from Japan or worse a wannabe SUV from another Asian or far eastern country. You owe to yourself to a well appointed sports car that gets super great gas mileage and even brags about it from instrument cluster. All you have to do is read the operator manual and you will fall in LOVE like I have. A fun yet truly utilitarian automobile that is capable.,.Very capable of keeping you from being bored behind the wheel. Forget what you heard or think you know about the Mini-Cooper because it really is the best kept secret.

We have to let go because our family is growing.

by from Alexandria, VA on February 8, 2017

Sad to let go, but with 2 babies we won't use it. The baby car seats will permanently be in a bigger car.

Amazing Service at Volkswagon of Downtown L.A.!

by from Los Angeles on April 18, 2014

Straight away, Volkswagon of Downtown L.A. made me feel like a V.I.P. Don Dolor, Brandon Carnes and the entire Team there at Volkswagon DTLA go way above and beyond to make sure customers receive the absolute best service. I am so very happy that I was able to be assisted by them. In the past I've had bad experiences purchasing a car. Not so at this dealership. All the guys here work very hard to make you feel at home. I was even offered munchies! I would recommend the mini to everyone! It's so fun and powerful. I love my mini!

A Stylish Car. for those who dare to be different.

by from everett wa on July 10, 2013

I own a 2008 Mini Cooper S. This is the first car I have owned that has a 4cyl. engine. This car really pleases me due to it's stout power and grippy handling. I never dreamed that I could have a car that gets 35mpg and is this quick. The ownely drawback I can see is the road noise due to the run flat tires.

Saving Gas

by from Baltimore, Md. on April 9, 2012

I needed to get into something more economical. I had my doubts about this vehicle but have been impressed with its handling, performance, comfort and gas mileage. It is a 2008 with only 19K miles. Time will tell about its reliability.

Cutest

by from State College, PA on October 10, 2011

I just love my MINI. I have always wanted one and now I finally have my very own. It is a cute custom color too. FYI, there really isn't much back seat leg room, but I like that I won't be the car pool mom.

My Mini the Trophy Wife

by from St Petersburg, FL on June 29, 2011

The mini is a fabulous fun awesome car - but it's a bit like a trophy wife that will require some care and maintenance. Make sure you live near a Mini dealer because they will become your new best friend. Don't get me wrong, i've had two mini's and they are more than worth a little effort. The most fun car I've ever had.