2010 Cooper

2010 MINI Cooper

2010 MINI Cooper

4.5

Have You Driven the 2010 MINI Cooper?

Fun car that comfortably holds 4

by Eric McCormick from Columbia, MD on Wed Oct 11 2017

I have only had it for about 48 hours but this is a very fun vehicle. While it is 7 years old and missing bluetooth, it have a lot of nice little features missing form other cars, especially other convertibles. Most convertibles have no rear leg room and hard to get in and out of. While not as easy as a 4 door car, it is probably the easiest of a 2 door car that I have tried. There are accent lights inside that you can change the color. The remote key functions are programmable. The trunk is surprising large and can be slightly expanded when the top is up. Back seats go down and you can pass stuff through such as I could go to the hardware store and pickup 2x4's without an issue. It does everything I need it to do in a car and then also gives you a fun ride of being a convertible (with a sun roof option) and a 6 speed transmission all while sipping gas. On the highway doing 80mph with the top down I get over 30mpg. Hard car to beat.

Pure bliss!

by LetsMotor87 from Washington, DC on Sat Mar 06 2010

I never thought I would enjoy driving a car as much as I do the Mini. I came from a luxury SUV to a Mini Cooper hardtop and everything about the car has been great. It drives extremely well, even for a small car, and it has an upscale feel while still being an amazing value. The fuel economy is EXCELLENT, and it improves with time, as a mix of highway and stop and go traffic has yielded around 35 MPG. Even though it takes premium fuel, the Mini is one value-oriented machine. As a commuter, you can't beat the fun-factor, tons of customization options, interior style and comfort, and excellent customer service. Just go for a test drive, and you'll understand. I know I did, and I am now driving the best car I have ever owned.

Hope you have alot of money and time to waste!

by paddysb from CT on Mon Nov 19 2012

On Friday, 11/16, I had to trade in my 2010 Mini Cooper. I was really upset about it since it was a car I had wanted for years. Here were my issues: -49,000 miles: Software system need to be completely updated. The car thought it had fog lights when it didnt so I was getting an indication that my headlights were out when they weren't. -Dealer Solution: Complete system upgrade (fortunately still covered under mfg. warranty. -59,000 miles: Car hesitates and engine light goes on. I was told by Mini to keep driving and don't worry, it's probably the gas cap. Light goes out that same evening. -60,000 miles: Car hesitates and engine light comes on. I decided to make an appointment and that this is not normal for a car that is well taken care of. -Solution: Dealership say's timing chain tensioner and actuator is defective, $800.00 dollars please. I say, no. Dealer decides to charge me $125.00 instead (so I am still concerned about this car, but happy) My concerns were that the timing chain was allowed to stretch to 67mm and they would not change it unless its 68mm. -62,202 miles: I notice car is leaking "blue/green" fluid. I am no rocket scientist but it looks like coolant and I'm thinking it's the water pump. But how could that be???? In other cars, both American and Foreign I have only changed the water pump at 90,000-100,000 miles. -Dealer Solution: Ding, ding. I'm right!! Dealership say's $1,000.00 dollars please. I say, guys, this car is not ready for the public. You can have it. -I am now the proud owner of a BMW 328 i Xdrive. The problem with Mini's is, they look so good but there is junk under the hood. I was so brain-washed by the car that I had thought about getting another one thinking maybe I just got a car with some problems. My gut had told me that if I kept that car, which really didn't feel like an almost 3 year old car, it felt much older although, I had bought the maintenance policy and took very good care of it. IF you must buy this car, please buy the extended warranty up to 100,000 miles and the maintenance policy. You should test drive all cars in that price range. I did not do this because I had my mind set that I needed this car! Pros of having a Mini: 1) Looks, 2) 41 Miles per gallon Cons: 1) Reliability issues, 2) Costly vehicle for what you actually get for the money 3) Too much time spent at the service department 4) Dealer's Standard Comments: "Well it's not a Honda" "Did you put Super in?", "You shouldv'e bought the extended warranty?" "It depends on how you drive the car" This car would probably be best as a second car so that you only put a 1,000 or so miles on it per year. It can't handle being driven everyday (note: I drive 90% highway) I feel really bad for people who have had their engines seize from the timing chain tensioner/actuator and other catastrophic problems that happened outside of warranty. It is definitely a tough lesson to learn.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most fun car I've ever owned and I'm 73

by Spitfire Mini Owner from Casselberry, FL on Tue Jul 27 2010

Thus far, and I've only just passed 1,000 miles on the odometer, my Mini convertible has been great fun, reliable and great on gas.

Pre-owned 2010 Mini

by Charlie from Miami on Fri Mar 01 2013

Spent many months researching a small fun, second car and narrowed down to the Mini Convertible. So far so good and had it checked out by my BMW mechanic right after I got it from the certified Mini Dealer, who gave it a thumbs up.

CLUBMAN S

by GP from Arizona on Fri Nov 12 2010

This is the neatest car I have ever owned and I've owned a few. Great gas mileage, fast enough, love the paddle shifter, lots of compliments. lots of accessorizing stuff.

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!

by spmac from chicago on Sat Jun 26 2010

This is THE BEST urban convertible, with the split back seat it is perfect for the long day of shopping or for that quick little romantic getaway. Front wheel drive so no real need for that extra set of tires....where do we put them in the city ???...AND sunroof or convertible.....you have both !!!....good pep to it and fun, fun, to drive....The S is more popular....but we LOVE our regular cooper convertible..IT is THE best compact convertible out there.....and don't worry....car insurance is a lot less than you think. Have fun !!!!!!!

Most reliable care ever

by Slam from Baton Rougr, La on Sun Nov 25 2012

I got the best deal in history. I purchased a great care at a great price with a very low intrest rate. I am so happy with my car.

Mini Cooper S Convertible

by epk from NY on Thu Oct 20 2011

Lots of fun in nice weather with the top down...plenty of power...paddle shifters fun. Ride is a little rough but very "sporty", kind of like an old fashioned sports car.

most fun car to drive that I ever had

by grey foxx from South Florida on Mon Nov 21 2011

must have the sport package. corners like no other car (in this price range). car holds the road in all weather.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 MINI Cooper

You'd have to be a pretty cold person to drive a Mini without smiling at least a little bit. I've driven the Cooper on a racetrack, in the city and on long highway trips, and I now understand why people like their Minis so much: These cars remind you how fun driving can be. While the Mini Cooper is a blast to drive, in some ways it's also a pain to live with.

That said, Mini could be trying to make itself easier to live with. It offers a broad range of cars, including the (base) Cooper that I tested, a higher-performance Cooper S, and a fire-breathing John Cooper Works version, and you can compare those three models here. In addition, Mini sells a Mini Cooper Clubman and a Mini Cooper S Clubman (a... Read More