2011 Cooper

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best comfort and Great Mileage

by Once Confused Now Know from West Palm Beach on April 3, 2011

I owned a BMW before and was using over $60 in gas a week. I wanted something more economical and considered other vehicles. I didn't consider a Mini until I saw a few around town. I went to the dealer and they were terrific and I described what I was looking for and they refered me to the Mini. The outside was exactly what I wanted and the interior was more than I thought. The ride is very smooth, you don't feel the bumps as I thought or even holes. The interior offers so much comfort and the back seas has more room than I imagined. Even though it doesn't have the pick up as my BMW it is a great vehicle even for long trips. The gas mileage is wonderful! Good things come in small packages.

OK car, but there are more pratical alternatives.

by Practical Sam from Omaha, NE on August 20, 2011

A very cute car that handles like a go-kart. MPG averaging 35, but Mini specifies premium fuel. So, that reduces economy. Car has 47K with few major problems. Appears to wear out tires quickly, especially original run-flats. Just changed front brakes. Expected harsh ride with short wheelbase and stiff suspension. Didn't expect it to be as uncomforable on highway as it is. Ride makes it difficult to enjoy longer trips. Interior controls are illogical and difficult to use. I do some of my own maintenance, and have found even changing oil requires special tools and is more difficult than my Hondas. Buy it as a sports car, not for utility or economy. Would not recommend the Mini as a #1 car. There are more versatile models available.

A nice change of pace...and car.

by simple car driver from dallas, tx on May 11, 2011

I traded in my lux station wagon for a more pure-driving machine. The mileage is great! I am seeing as-good if not better-than rated mileage. The space reduction is a little tough, but I rarely-- if ever-- needed all of the space in the wagon. I got the standard transmission, and man is it fun to drive. I now have a lot more space in the garage too.

Mini Cooper S

by Mini cooper #1 fan from Huntsville, Al on October 31, 2011

Awesome car, great mpg, looks great super fast, makes me feel young again lol!!!! Great for long trips or just getting around town.

Lots of fun

by Cutie from East Haddam, Ct. on May 20, 2011

I bought this car for fun times and so far it has been a great conversation starter. People love the "cuteness" of it and other cooper drivers want to talk about their positive experiences.

BMW Visalia

by Scruffdog from Visalia California on February 17, 2014

I was driving a Fiat for roughly 5 months to commute 2 1/2 hours to work for the week. Although I liked the gas mpg's, I found myself sore after riding this distance. I began looking for a more comfortable car with good mpg's and found my 2011 dealer owned Mini at Visalia BMW. My experience shopping and test driving the vehicle was great. No pressure sales and professional service. Thanks Shayne and Brad for delivering to me a stylish, comfortable, economical, and affordable Mini Cooper. The ride is unbelievable as well as the acceleration and handling. I have been driving for over 30 years and find my Mini the most enjoyable ride I have purchased. I give an A+ to the team at Visalia BMW!!

Roll cage and made very well quality steel

by Kat-lulu mini from Copperopolis, ca. on October 26, 2011

This is a very well made Auto, wish it had larger cup holders phone dock and sun glass holder. Something a lot of other made vehicles have but the doors r very heavy, I feel very safe compared to my moms rava Toyota.

6'4" and still have plenty of room

by Mini Convert from Austin, TX on August 16, 2011

2011 MINI Cooper Hardtop is a blast to drive. It feels like a true sports car but is functional and has plenty of room. Pros- Ride is comfortable Iphone Compatible Push Button Start Racing Stripes!!!! Plenty of Power Great Gas Mileage Cons- Back seats are a little small Cargo area is a little small Overall a great car that is fun to drive. With almost 40mpg you can't beat it. The warrantee is unmatched by any other car company. Definitely something I always wanted. Even my wife became a fan after driving it.

Love my Mini

by New Mini owner from Chicago on January 16, 2012

I have had my 2011 Mini for about 2 months, and I love it. I bought it for the fuel efficiency, styling and personality and have no regrets. It is roomier than many people think - great leg and head room. And no problem so far with cargo capacity, it meets my needs for shopping (5 full grocery bags fit in the hatch!) transporting my 2 small dogs, etc. I am almost always in it alone or with 1 passenger so the lack of passenger space in rear seat is not a big issue. Very peppy, parking is a breeze, the dashboard and controls are not all that intuitive but I am adjusting to that. Love the warranty and 3 yrs of free service. I no longer have a boring sedan! Hooray!

Miniiiii

by <3 my mini. from Huntsville, AL. on March 11, 2011

Mini Coopers have excellent gas mileage and they are very different and attractive vehicles, but sometimes it gets old having to try to avoid every little "pot hole." Also, if something messes up on this car, it costs a lot more to fix than most other cars.

1 2