2005 Cooper S

2005 MINI Cooper S

2005 MINI Cooper S

4.5

Have You Driven the 2005 MINI Cooper S?

best car ive owned

by sport car enthusiast from Longmeadow,MA on Fri Jan 11 2013

not the fastest ive owned,not the most comfotable ive owned,but by far the most fun to drive car ive owned,i have owned over 100+ cars,so i have had a little experiance with various cars and trucks.well built,handles like an adult go-kart.don't judge until you drive one-AWESOME CAR!!!!!!......will never sell this one.

Fun car, but not the most reliable

by jscott21 from Bloomington, IN on Wed Apr 19 2017

Driving a Mini is an absolute blast. At the end of the day, you love that you drive one. But maintenance is very expensive, and it needs very frequent preventative maintenance to stay reliable. If you have the time and money to love it well, it'll love you back.

Great Sporty Convertible

by Scott F from Torrington CT on Mon Apr 23 2012

We have only had the car for a month or so after purchasing with 41k miles on it. This car is for my wife to drive during the summer to not put miles on her 3 Series BMW. So far the car is great, fun to drive and decent fuel mileage. We have only had the top down a couple of times but it's so simple to operate, it does everything with the push of one button. We just upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer so we can have blue tooth, ipod, etc.

Fun to drive, expensive to maintain

by raddadspence from Salt Lake City, Utah on Sun Jul 02 2017

Really zippy little car, gets great gas mileage. But I've had to fix way too many problems for it to be worth owning.

Does not recommend this car!!

Outstanding performance and handling

by Cooper loyalist from Turlock, CA on Thu May 17 2007

The 2005 Mini Cooper S model is a superior vehicle to anything else in its class. It is unique and extremely fun to drive. It is the union of a go-cart and a roller coaster on the road. Nothing comes close to it. I would recommend this model to anyone seeking the thrill of having heads turn as you pass them by.

2005 Mini Cooper S..great

by Minimanias from North Carolina on Tue Jun 19 2007

I purchased a 2005 mini cooper S and it is great. I love both the exterior and interior styling and the harman kardon sound system is excellent. i love my mini S

Funny thing is, I feel safest in this tiny car!

by First time owning a new car from Monmouth County, NJ on Wed May 09 2007

Like other reviewers say, this car HUGS the road. I feel safest in my mini. In sticky situations on our crowded NJ highways, I can floor it and get away quickly. I can slam on the brakes/swerve and not worry about losing control. Avg mpg has been 30 on long-distance highway trips, 23 day-today in town. Owning this care has made driving in other people's vehicles and rentals nerve-racking! I also like the ability to raise the seats up/down (I set it all the way up and my husbands sets it all the way down)--I feel like I'm sitting upright like in an SUV, and I never get low back pain from driving long distances. Perfect size for my height 5'2". Shopping takes some planning, but we did get unassembled IKEA furniture into the car with the back seats down. Love the heated seats and panoramic sunroof (with everything open, it's practically like being in a convertible). Not looking forward to giving it up for a "family" car!

FUN!!!

by Elizabethob72979 from Hazleton, PA on Sun Nov 26 2017

I owned a 2005 MINI Cooper S Supercharged Automatic with over 70,000 miles. The car was an absolute blast to drive. I don't recommend the car for anyone looking for a comfortable ride, though. It's a sports car and handles like one. You will feel every bump you go over and I agree with others who say the ride feels "stiff", but I loved it. Unfortunately I only had it for four months when someone hit it while it was parked and totalled it. I do want another one! As far as the interior the toggle switches took a little to get used to but I loved how different it was. The back seats folded down which made it surprisingly roomy. Some people do not recommend this car for numerous reasons like the cost to maintain, size, premium fuel, uncomfortable ride, etc, but people buy a MINI because they want a MINI, not a Mustang, Camaro or Miata. The only problems I had with it were the hose came loose which drains the water by the power sunroof and had water on the floor on the passenger side. A friend of mine just pulled down the interior by the roof and reattached it. The sway bar did break which would've cost over $1000 because they would've had to remove the engine to fix it, but the garage I go to spoke with a MINI mechanic and he told him how to fix it which ended up costing me a little over $200. These cars are made by BMW so be prepared for more expensive upkeep, but I think they're worth it.

Adult Gocart On Steroids

by Mopariam from Hoschton,Ga on Tue Aug 14 2012

Great vehicle. Fun to drive no negitive responces from other owners. I own several vehicles including a limited addition 09 G8 GXP 6.2 415 hp Pontiac. I like to drive my mini cooper s better.

It makes you happy!

by Thornhill6 from ILLINOIS on Tue Jun 26 2018

It?s just a cutie! So fun to drive and be a passenger too! Great stereo! Perfect size. Great gas mileage. Heated seats, comfortable everything. Lots of room for back seat passengers.

1 2 3 4