Model Details

2005 MINI Cooper S Consumer Reviews

Average based on 22 reviews

best car ive owned

by from Longmeadow,MA on January 12, 2013

not the fastest ive owned,not the most comfotable ive owned,but by far the most fun to drive car ive owned,i have owned over 100+ cars,so i have had a little experiance with various cars and trucks.well built,handles like an adult go-kart.don't judge until you drive one-AWESOME CAR!!!!!!......will never sell this one.

Fun, Fun Driving!

by from Louisville on January 6, 2013

I have only had my little 2005 Mini S for over a month, but this is the most fun I have had driving for a long time. It holds to the curves, is easy shifting, and gets stares all over town. I had been researching mini's for two years and finally traded in my nine year old Accord and have never regretted it for a second.

great car and fun to drive

by from DALLAS TX on March 20, 2013

The only down fall I see to this car, is that it takes SUPER unleaded. ( and the fact i can't drive it right now. shoulder surgery ) I have read that the "S" are unreliable. But that, that is a hit or miss. It all depends on if it is a Monday or Friday built car ( ;( ) Or a Tuesday thur Thursday car. ( ;) ) And how you treat it. But i'm hoping this is the Tues-Thurs built car. And that I can put 200,00 + miles on it before it becomes a parts car for someone else. I have only had it for a month. So i will add more comments where I can. HAPPY MOTORING.

Adult Gocart On Steroids

by from Hoschton,Ga on August 14, 2012

Great vehicle. Fun to drive no negitive responces from other owners. I own several vehicles including a limited addition 09 G8 GXP 6.2 415 hp Pontiac. I like to drive my mini cooper s better.

best handling car I've driven

by from Massachusetts on December 19, 2006

The mini is small and somewhat uncomfortable for a large person. Tall folks should be fine because there's lots of legroom when the seats are moved back. People will buy the Mini for its unique appearance inside and our but what they will love is the great handling. The car hardly leans at all in a corner. The steering feels tight and precise. It can be driven much faster than is sensible (or legal). The acceleration of the supercharged Cooper S is better than that of most V6 powered sporty cars. The brakes are excellent.

2005 Mini Cooper S..great

by from North Carolina on June 19, 2007

I purchased a 2005 mini cooper S and it is great. I love both the exterior and interior styling and the harman kardon sound system is excellent. i love my mini S

Outstanding performance and handling

by from Turlock, CA on May 17, 2007

The 2005 Mini Cooper S model is a superior vehicle to anything else in its class. It is unique and extremely fun to drive. It is the union of a go-cart and a roller coaster on the road. Nothing comes close to it. I would recommend this model to anyone seeking the thrill of having heads turn as you pass them by.

Fun new sports car

by from Minden, NV on December 12, 2011

I purchased this car as a replacement for my 1989 Suzuki Sidekick, which has over 200K miles on it. I was considering getting another Suzuki (my third), but saw the Mini at a sports car event, and decided to test drive one. It was super fun to drive, and I was able to find one with all the options I wanted, plus a lot more for a really reasonable price, and it was within a 2-hour drive from my home. I have had it for almost 3 months, taken it on one long trip already, and it is a great little car, and comfortable to drive all day long! It would be nice to have a connection for an MP3 player, but other than that, it has all the features that I really wanted. Living in northern Nevada, we had to have the Cold Weather Package, and we also wanted the Sports Package. The car we purchased also has a sun roof and the premium sound package, which is pretty amazing. Having to use premium gasoline is a compromise, but it does get over 30mph as long as you keep your foot off the gas. We are looking forward to some twisty mountain roads and sports car event to test out the performance.

Great Sporty Convertible

by from Torrington CT on April 23, 2012

We have only had the car for a month or so after purchasing with 41k miles on it. This car is for my wife to drive during the summer to not put miles on her 3 Series BMW. So far the car is great, fun to drive and decent fuel mileage. We have only had the top down a couple of times but it's so simple to operate, it does everything with the push of one button. We just upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer so we can have blue tooth, ipod, etc.

fun car

by from Diamnd Bar, CA. on September 10, 2012

This car will fit in almost any spot. So much fun with a little zip to it. I cant go in the car pool lane by myself but getting through traffic is soo easy with the handling that it has.