2007 Cooper S

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Outstanding

by PHF from mass on March 10, 2012

Quite simply one of the best cars I've ever owned. Given it's made by BMW you can you really feel the quality and effort that has gone into the car. I've owned three of these now and have never had any reliability problems, but then I take care of cars, I'm not one of those people who never check the fluid levels or tire pressures then moan like crazy when it brakes down. Help yourself people, look after your own cars for once. Would I buy another mini - oh yes! Would I recommend them - oh yes! 5 star car all round.

LOVE this car

by Mini Lover from Philadelphia, PA on January 17, 2012

Minis have a reputation for being unreliable, but I've never had an issue with mine. Its fun, adorable, cool, and great on gas - what more could you want? The performance of the Cooper S is stellar. I DARE you not to smile big when you throw this thing into 6th gear or turn a sharp corner. It may be small, but it hugs the road beautifully. I also found that this car holds a lot more than one would believe. It looks small, but put the back seats down and you could do some reasonable hauling. I also felt confident in the elements in this car - snow, rain, etc wasn't a major problem.

Maintenance Plan

by Zeet from Dutchess County,ny on December 24, 2012

Surprise surprise. My mini had a 100k maintenance plan remaining when I took it to get serviced they did a ton of work at no charge. Just make sure the car has original parts or they wont do the work as part of the maintenance. Great car !!!

Mini Lover

by Mini baby from Pittsburgh, PA on May 9, 2012

This purchase was a great move. The Mini does everything that it is advertised in doing. Gas milage is superb even in everyday traffic. How is it that now when in a traffic jam I still smile? This car puts a smile on your face and it just stays there. Buy one you won't be dissapointed.

After One Month

by Sooner Ed 3 from Riverside, CA. on June 4, 2012

I purchased my one-owner 2007 Mini ""S" a month ago. So far I am well pleased with the vehicle. It was/is in very good condition both inside and out. The previous owner took very good care of it. I have had several other sports cars and would rate the MINI one of the two best. Having traded my '02 Dodge Ram needless to say I'm thrilled with the gas milage. It is a "hoot" to drive. So far; so good !

LOVE IT

by TurboLove from Virginia on August 8, 2007

I was deciding between this or an STI, but when I thought about it. Take away the HP and looks of an STI and you've got a regular car. The cooper s is SO much more than just a whole lot of fun to drive, it's the perfect median between performance and luxury.

do your homework, get to know your dealer

by Sports Car Enthusiast from upstate NY on January 17, 2012

I have only had this vehicle for 3 months, but no problems so far. In retrospect I did not do enough homework prior to making the purchase. I am very impressed w/ the performance and the fuel mileage of the car, the fact that it?s a known issue that it consumes oil at a much higher level than average causes concern. If the previous owners had let the oil get low, I will have engines problems sooner rather than later. Also, with a higher performance car, if not driven properly the clutch can wear quickly, my clutch seems to be worn but ok. Bottom line, I have learned these things after purchase, and would feel much better if I had it professionally evaluated and had the VIN run prior to purchasing.

AWESOME!!!

by Mini Fan from Sacramento, CA on August 29, 2007

The easiest part is falling in love with this car. Good job to Mini on a new platform success. The new prince engine is very peppy and economical at the same time. In addition the Twin-Scroll Turbo has much less lag than expected. Missing however is the much loved "Exhaust Burble". As for the suspension; much tighter than previous variants and once again has a Sports Option available which I opted for. This features tighter springs and a heavy duty anti-roll bar. Since the car is a re-design of course not much stayed the same. This includes the exterior which now features a better looking grill and detached headlights but on the downside has a non-functional hood scoop due to relocation of the intercooler. And probably my least favorite thing about this car a new chrome chip on the fender which is where the side marker housing used to be. On the inside the Leatherette is a must, comfortable for long trips but I must warn they get very warm quick. I do feel bad if you intend on carrying passengers, as sitting in the back is complete torture. Leg room is almost nonexistent which is why my back seat is off limits. Also the rear pillar is a bit bigger than it looks and obstructs rear vision a little. The sport button is one of the coolest features of the car. Once depressed it adjust accelerator response to momentarily raise torque and tightens the steering. Another cool feature is the convenience package which has a keyless design. As long as the key is somewhere within the car it will start without it actually being in the ignition which is now a "engine Start" button. Now the hardest part will be picking out all of the options you want.

ABSOLUTE BLAST TO DRIVE! I OWN THE "S" AND LOVE IT

by Johnny from Arizona on December 5, 2007

this vehicle handles like its on rails! the shifter is a nice short throw (04model). the supercharger has a great powerful whine that reminds one of the sound of a formula 1 race car. Interior is laid out with great race car style. all knobs are easily accessible. the borla exhaust has a nice throaty sound too.

Incredibly Cute and Sporty!

by MINI Lover from Tacoma, WA on November 9, 2011

I've wanted a Mini for years and when the opportunity arose, we purchased one last July. 2007 MINI Cooper S 3 Dr Hatchback, 4cyl. 1.6 Turbocharged Automatic in Astro Black Metallic with black/dark gray interior. We have not regretted our decision! One thing that struck me as they look so little from the outside, but once inside I was suprised at how roomy it is in the front seats. Back seats, once settled in, are not bad either. I also like that the back seats fold down for extra cargo space. Our Cooper S is a joy to drive, very powerful and fast. So far I have not felt the need to hit the Sport button, although I did try it out once and almost got thrown into the back seat. This car has got "gitty-up and go" power! Ours came loaded with pretty much everything, heated seats, cruise control, am/fm cd player, a/c, leatherette upholstery, sun/moon roof, mp3 and satellite radio, 16' alloy wheels, to name a few of the many features. Coming from an old beater, 1975 Ford Maverick 4 Dr, well you can only imagine how thrilled I am to have one of the sportiest, cutest and well performing cars out there on the road today. I am in love.T

1 2 3 4