2013 MINI Hardtop consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Hardtop MINI
Explore the 2013 MINI Hardtop
Shop the 2013 MINI Hardtop

I love this car!

My MINI has been a life saver while living in LA county. I can find parking for it pretty much everywhere and it is really good on gas. Drives well, the stock audio system is loud and has a good bass to it. I can't complain! Also, I really loved owning one with a checkered hood. I don't see them on the road in that style all that often so it felt like a score to find one like this :)

My daughter's DREAM car!

Just purchased a 2012 Mini Hardtop for my daughter whose 'old' car was becoming a problem (2004 Mazda 3.) Great price, low miles, all the bells and whistles one could ask for! Candy apple red with white racing stripes - just adorable. A few obvious scratches but nothing that can't be fixed with a paint pen. Hey, it's a 2012 that's had three owners. We could not be happier with the car and the entire purchase process. Love, love, love it!

2.9

Be prepared to spend money

Fun car, handles very well in all seasons expecilly winter Wish I knew it was a french motor. valve cover gaskets go every 10-13k miles which causes spark plugs to be contanty covered in oil and eventually effect timing which is no fun with an interference motor. while still on the engine, the oe water pump pulley is poorly made and the metal shreads off over time. Highly suggest to be prepared to do headgasket around 85k-110k miles. The only electrical problem I've encounterd has been mainence codes that pops up (non obd2 related) then the wipers wont turn off till the car has been fully turned off for about 5 min. And my personal favorite, each exterior door handle has been replaced several times (5 times) because the design of the lock actuator actually pinches the cable from the exterior door handle. Just recently my lock actuator has seized up and I'm once again unable to open my driver door or even now unable to fix it.

Most fun and fuel efficient car I've ever had!

More roomy inside than it looks from the outside. Perfect car for driving all over the country. Amazingly solid and fuel-efficient. Fun race car too!

I love mi Mini

I love my mini, drove it for over 5 years and It was a blast! reliable, not a single recall, never failed. Fast to drive, excellent to accelerate and pick up speed in the freeway. Easy handling

Fun to drive

This car met all of my expectations, and I am extremely particular. Comfortable, responsive, aesthetically pleasing inside and out. A you to own and drive!

Fun to drive

This car I'd fun to drive and gets pretty good gas mileage. Does work a little harder than I would have thought it needs to going through the mountains. Short, somewhat jerky lower gears, but otherwise an enjoyable drive.

Awesome Car

I think car was worth the money. I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a dependable and fun driving car. Good luck to all in the future.

A great drive: a go-kart with 212 hp

I've owned this car (a John Cooper Works Mini) for three years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have owned several semi-exotic cars (Porsche, Acura NSX, Lotus Esprit), and the John Cooper Works Mini has been THE most fun drive to drive of the bunch. It's not as fast as "super cars," but it's still plenty fast and handles like its on rails. It's the equivalent of a massively overpowered go-kart. Even a trip to the grocery store puts a big grin on your face. The only negative is that the car is relatively loud, so I wouldn't recommend for it for long-term highway travel. As a second "fun" car, it can't be beat especially for the money.

4.0

Super Fun! Great drive!

I really love this car. It is a lot of fun to drive. I have taken this car all over Nor-Cal. There is no road it can't handle. Leaves a smile on your face every time you get out.