2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

Excellent Car!

by from on July 17, 2010

I have owned one for over 4 years and have NEVER had an issue with it, but I have also kept up with my car's maintenance on a regular basis. Have already gotten 127k miles on it and plan to run it until it breaks down. This is higher mileage than I have seen on many other car models!

Comfortable Highway Cruiser

by from Bowie, MD on March 16, 2007

Refined and unique is one way to describe this car. No other car in this class looks quite like a Diamante. From its frameless door glass, quad headlamps and sneaky look, this is a nice looking vehical. The interior is very spacious, with more than enough room to carry four 6 footers in comfort. Controls are placed in the proper area's and the electro-luminescent gauges provide excellent illumination at nighttime and in direct sunlight. Noise levels are kept to a minimum, as is shift shock. Performance is pretty good for a car of this size and weight. Off the line response and merging are done quickly and smoothly. The engine has a deep authoritive exhaust note, sounding great and smooth all the way up to the redline. About 7.8 seconds gets you to 60mph. Improvements should've been done to the transmission. The tranny sometimes wont downshift into a lower gear when you need sudden bursts of power and the interior could use 8 airbags instead of four. The engine could use another 40 horses and navigation system would be nice as well as auto up/down on all four windows. Again ,this is a great car to own, if cruising around the highway or around town is your thing.

Great Used Car.

by from Michigan on August 25, 2009

I bought my 2002 Diamante about 2 years ago and fell in love, I was a solid GM man but after having this car for the past 2 years I will never go back. True the resale is bad but you can get a great price on them now. I have had great luck with mine and would not trade it in for anything on the road right now..... Maybe a Lancer in a few more years ... I will drive this one til the end and have no plans on selling it.

good rig

by from spokane wa on August 15, 2013

had this 02 dia for 6 yrs 81000 had no problems untill i got to the 143000 mark the trans went out cant complain i know a lot of people with diff cars whith trans problems alot sooner on the ticker the trick is to keep up on the maint its been a good car and for its period dont know of a better lux car in its class with better quality record

Mitsubishi Diamante LS

by from St.cloud, MN on June 5, 2006

The Mitsubishi Diamante LS is a smooth ride. No problems, great gas mileage, luxury, performance, reliability, what more can you ask for?

Worst car I've owned

by from houston, tx on March 14, 2009

looked at the Diamante in 1992, bought an Acura instead. 2002 decided to go with the Diamante, worst decision I made. Ride is rough, lots of road noise, tires changed out, no differnce. no resale value. I would not recommend this car.

Comfort, versitel Town Car .

by from Dallas on July 23, 2017

This town car is of a simulation ,of Lexus and Jaguar ,Smooth ,great on gas .ok ,as like Burick Country Car .

Outdated idea of a lower-end luxury sedan

by from New York on August 24, 2017

This was my first car. I found it had a lot of technical problems and there was not a lot of support to get it repaired as it was already discontinued when I owned it.