1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

First car I ever financed on my own

by from Aviano ab, IT on November 3, 2009

I bought a 99 eclipse spyder in 2004 and absolutely loved it. It is still one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. The only problem I ever had with it was the previous owner put a "performance radiator" and the lower outlet cracked open during one of Utah's harsh winters, which isn't even a factory defect... I used to travel with this car between Utah and Washington and it was a VERY comfortable drive. To this day I still regret trading the car in, but I've stayed in the Mitsubishi family and traded up to a 2006 Evo IX :) so I'm still happy lol. I plan on looking for an eclipse spyder to use as my daily driver.

Love my car

by from Indianapolis, IN to Honolulu, HI on March 13, 2008

I've owned this car for 9 years now, and it's never had a single issue. If you take care of your car, it will take care of you.

Eclipse

by from pensacola,FL on March 26, 2008

I really loved this car. It great for young people who can't afford a very expensie car. Mods easily. The turbo model would be the best for most car people

Great Car!!! Owner for over 7 Years

by from Olathe, KS on March 14, 2007

I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone!!! This is coming from someone who has owned a 99 Eclipse for over 7 years now. I also recently purchased a new '07 Eclipse, so you can see how much I love the Eclipse handling, styling, and overall appeal. Very reliable cars and excellent for both summer & winter driving. You can also have alot of fun with them when it comes to extra styling. So if your looking for a reliable, sporty, cost effect car I would say this is the car for you!

I love my Eclipse

by from Lehigh Valley, PA on April 24, 2007

I had a '91 which never let me down. Then got the '99 because I had always loved its look. I've had it for 4 years and I still love it. I get compliments on this car all the time. It looks much more expensive than it is! It's also NEVER given me trouble. I have the GS 10 year anniversary edition which has many of the GSX features - leather, rims, BOSE stereo, etc. I love this car. I'm moving abroad where they drive on the other side of the road and have to sell it. I did everything I could to see if I could ship & modify, to no avail. Then I cried for weeks.

like no other

by from boise, ID on May 3, 2007

I highly recommend this vehicle to anybody who wants style, performance and reliability. i've owned this car for 6 months and i can't get enough of it. if they still made it i'd buy one for everyone in my family.

An awesome car especialy for modifying and driving

by from West Union, Oh on February 27, 2007

This car looks and feels awesome, the Gst and Gsx packages are very hard to find for the right money because they're so rare. This car is most definitely a head turner because of its agressive styling and sleek curves. The Gst comes with optional leather or standard seats as the gsx comes with only leather. This is most definitely one of the funnest car i have ever drivin out of the hundreds i have tested and is by far one of my favorites. Its got plenty of power and there is so much room for upgrading a poor guy could make this car fast. If you want a car that not every body in town has and one that runs and looks awesome and is very affordable then the gst or gsx is most definitely the car for you. Also note that any picture does not do half its justice of actually seeing one of these cars up close.

Tons of Fun

by from Santa Maria, CA on June 12, 2006

I have had my gst since january and i couldn't be happier. The front seats are comfortable and stylish (Black leather). Fuel economy was my biggest concern in buying a car, for i live on californias central coast and we have the highest gas prices in the nation, and the Eclipse has fit the bill quite well. Second gear has a little turbo lag but third makes up for it. The only downfalls to the car is the roadnoise and not having a 6-speed tranny. The stereo system will easily get rid of the road noise too! A+

I love This Car!

by from on August 19, 2010

I had this car, and it was so comfortable, cheap, and i felt sexy in it lol. awww I miss that car. I never had problems with it. Just minor ones like oil changes or changing the battery or the tires. Theses cars are very rare to find now. When I purchased the car I did feel like i was the fast and the furious lol.

most reliable car I've ownded!

by from on November 19, 2008

most reliable car I've ownded! I would definitely buy a used one without thinking twice. Awesome car!

Our Expert Review: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse