2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse consumer reviews

$18,087–$18,887 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Eclipse Mitsubishi
Explore the 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse
2.9

Good looking and fun to drive to the mechanic

This was my first car. When it ran well, it was great. This car spent most of it’s time at the mechanic for so many issues, and so much money. It started rusting out when it was less than 6 years old, and continued until the floor rotted out at ten years old. Major components that went ranged from the power steering pump at 3 years old, and axle seals, and transmission bearings as it got older. In ten years of ownership, I probably spent at least $8k in repairs to keep it running well. I’ll never buy another Mitsubishi product again and wouldn’t recommend one to my worst enemy.

Fun! Sturdy & long lastinga

Fun! But could be better suspension, mines Eclipse Spyder, so lol room in back, but 3 will fit. Just luv my car though, if repainted pearl & redesigned interior.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Gs Review

This car was perfect for what I was looking for. This vehicle came with all stop interior that works like a charm. I love the automatic convertible top. Works great and is a pleasure to drive. This model came stock with a V8 manual 5speed transmission. Great power steering and low to the ground for tight turning.

Most fun car I have owned

This is one of the most fun and easy to drive vehicles I have owned, with the exception of my Tesla of course. The V6 is strong, quick and sounds great. Handling is good as it's a low-to-the-ground car. The soft convertible top is amazing, keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It's also very customizable, parts are readily available and there are a lot of aftermarket upgrades and improvements that can be done, most of which I already have. The car did not come with a very good CD/Radio so I had a $1500 Pioneer AVIC Navigation System installed and it's amazing. Coupled with Bluetooth and a Rear camera the tech in the car jumped 10 years.

Bought It Used

Paid 2900.00 for a used 2002 Eclipse 5 speed with 88,000 miles. Superb automobile. Great handling, powerful for a 2.4 4 cylinder engine. Fun to drive.

4.4

Most fun for the price point.

There is nothing quite like the feeling of driving a convertible in the summer (with the AC on). The car?s soft top opens in just a few seconds at the push of a switch. The ride is firm, as it should be for a sporty car, and the naturally aspirated V6 engine give it plenty of power. It?s no speed demon but it?s sure to turn heads especially with upgraded wheels.

Amazing fun car to drive

This would be a great high school car for anyone of any age. This car also has so many mod opportunities for it as well!!

Fun and extremely reliable: Good value

This website advertises the Eclipse models as V4's except the majority of them are indeed V6's. This car works great for regular commuting and makes it a whole lot more fun! Due to a decent torque, it accelerates quickly in first gear while evening out as you accelerate. This makes it feel like a sporty car without having to pay for a V8 or better and is good for commuting and will make you want to drive just for fun. Mine is an all black, leather interior. This is the best and most sporty-looking in my opinion and it has served me well. HOWEVER, the stock seats aren't comfortable for long drives. Meanwhile, because the suspension is built harder so that the car can take sharp turns, you feel bumps more than in a standard V4 sedan. I would not advise this car for people with back problems due to the reasons above, as well as the car being low to the ground and therefore difficult to get in and out of for an older person. Very little backseat room. It'd only be feasible to seat infants or children 10 and younger in the back. Decent trunk room, however. BASICALLY: I love this car! Very fun to drive and is known for being extremely reliable. It is a fantastic car for the price and I would recommend it to anyone.

Love this car

I love this car, I bought it 8 years ago. It has over 180,000 miles and still going strong. The back seat leg room is the only thing I dislike. But my teen ages sort of fit back there.

4.0

very good Reliable car

the Mitsubishi Eclipse i own is the GT 3.0 V6 coupe and that one takes premium gasoline DON'T NOT USE LOWER GAS GRADE FOR THAT CAR . i did and that when i did have problems . using lower grade gas on this car it will cost you Idle Air control sensor and that thin is really expensive . I learned that the hard way . other then that my car has on it 172K now and the engine still runs good make sure to use good brand oil for the engine . and check the transmission fluid make sure all good 200 HP claim up the hills with no problems at all . for winter don't listen to what people say . my advice studded snow tires all four one brand one condition. and this car got no problem what so ever driving in snow with thees tires. finally it coupe so it is small not roomy the trunk is fine . and parts around the affordable range . i drive this car everyday to work 52 miles a day 5 days a week