2004 Endeavor

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Comfortable and Reliable Towing vehicle

by Textbook Case from Rochester, NY on August 18, 2010

Bought my fully loaded FWD Limited Endeavor w/ tow package in august of 2003. Now has 214,000 miles, yes, 214,000. It has been driven through new york winters, potholes, most of the time with an overloaded trailer. had minor problems along the way including an ac leak in the passenger footwell, the radio was replaced under warranty, ac sensors went before 200000 miles which to me isnt a big deal and other minor things, but mechanically has been a complete gem considering the large amount of abuse i have put it thru including once towing a 6500 LB boat, and another time a small toyota celica from pennsylvania thru mountains. Made a family trip to South Carolina and back no issues. Seems to handle everything i throw at it without much trouble. Still sounds like new except in wintertime on coldstarts there is a loud rattle which ceases when the thing warms up. This vehicle is very easy to drive, drives like a car, very stylish, love the HUGE sunroof, heated seats are Toasty warm in winters and has good visibility and safety features. Blue gauges and silver center stack are, in my opinion, very modern and stylish and I would describe the interior as rugged and luxurious. Road noise on the highway can get annoying but I'm really nitpicking, turn on the excellent Infinity stereo. Gas mileage is decent but mitsubishi reccomends premium fuel. Regardless, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. Will buy another after this thing dies if it ever does! I also have a GMC envoy which needs a new transmission after only 72000 miles because it lacks a auxilary transmission cooler for towing. Mitsubishi makes a great product for a great value. Quality rivaling honda and toyota at a much more reasonable cost. As others have mentioned, its really a diamond in the rough.

Uses car for Towing

Original 2004 limited owner writing in 2016

by Lori from Oakland hills, ca on June 26, 2016

I had intended to keep the car for ten years, but so far it's been 12 years. It was a great car and I had very few issues with it the entire time I had it. These were the only issues over the years: the heating system wasn't great, which wasn't an issue since I lived in Texas. The silver on the air vents and door handles flaked off, but I had them repainted and they were fine. The 'belts' in the windows went in every window ie had to be replaced. I had an issue with the air conditioner one year, but it turned out the line was clogged. Had it cleaned out and no further issues. Once the sun roof leaked; I had it fixed and was never an issue again. The good things: it was reliable, the heated seats were great, the leather seats were gorgeous, it was roomy and I felt it was a good value when I bought it. I paid something like 3500 -4500 under msrp. I think it still has a number of years to go, to be honest, but it's time to move on for me...

Endeavor

by Used to own one from Massachusetts on April 21, 2009

I use to own a 2004 Endeavor bought brand new only got rid of it because the family grew, and it's great if your short or medium height but if your tall and you have your kids sitting behind you, forget it-Your not going to fit comfortably. Other than that great SUV that handles great on any weather condition AWD or 2WD snow or no snow. Plenty of cargo space (can fit 4' x 8' whole sheet of sheetrock or plywood in the back with seats folded down). Travel very well in it for hours at a time. Great pick up off a stop and for the price you can't go wrong. Never had a problem with mine only had to replace the battery after 5yrs of owning it.

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited, AWD

by JJB from Seattle, WA on April 27, 2015

Just purchased an 04 Endeavor Limited with 125k miles. Had my guy check it and it was in great shape. No rust. Wheels in great shape. Just awesome mechanically. Exterior was also very solid. Made sure the timing belt was new, along with all related pieces. The size is great for a tall guy (I'm 6'3"). I have plenty of leg room in front and back, and with the seats flattened out I can lay down fully stretched out in the boot. There are zero blind spots, range of vision is great. Rear view mirrors are nice and big too. The seats are ridiculously comfortable; contours to ya butt quite nicely. The all wheel drive cvt transmission is very responsive and surprisingly quick. It doesn't slip, very solid. Steering is better than pretty much all other SUV's I've driven. The ride is right on point. Very comfortable ride without sacrificing handling. So It's responsive, has plenty of get up and go, and turns on a dime. The interior design is great if you aren't looking at the paint on the stereo/ac unit. It's flaking off. Others have said the quality of the aesthetic components inside are cheap, and they aren't wrong. But if you can get past that, this is a great car. And, I will also say it's still better than any American car of the same genre. Inexpensive to maintain, runs AMAZINGLY well for its age (for any age really). I definitely do suggest it to anyone looking for a car with space and comfort without giving up on performance.

Best Vehicle We've Owned

by smithmga from Warner Robins on July 16, 2017

We bought our 2004 Endeavor XLS new in Oct 2003 for my wife to take to work and for us to take on vacations. My wife drives about 23,000 miles per year. The Endeavor now has 325,000 miles (not a misprint) and runs great! I use Mobil 1 Synthetic every 6,000 miles. The paint is still vibrant after nearly 14 years. We believe it's time to replace the vehicle with a new one but will continue to drive the Endeavor a couple times each week. We had the issue with the A/C condensation leaking under the carpet on the driver's side due to a clogged drain line. I found a TSB on the A/C and fixed it for the cost of a foot of tubing and some glue but had to remove the seats and carpet to clean thoroughly. I also replaced the driver's side rear wheel bearing when we started hearing a dull thud on the highway. I replaced the alternator at 190,000 just because I was worried it might fail. A year ago, the six CD changer stopped ejecting disks but the four CDs stuck in the player work well. lol The large rear passenger side speaker's surrounding foam gave up and I had to disconnect the speaker because of cracking noises. Never changed out the speaker though. We got over 100,000 miles out of a set of Firestone Destination LE tires. A bit too far since rain had the wheels sliding. I don't like the fact the engine has a timing belt but lived with needing to change all components every 90,000 miles. The engine is very smooth and powerful. The seats are still the most comfortable of any vehicle we've owned. Next SUV will probably be the Highlander. We have been shopping for five months. Hard to find something my wife likes more than her Endeavor.

Great, Reliable and Fun to Drive

by ssquinn from Baltimore, MD on December 31, 2010

I've had this car for 5 years and it's been the most fun and reliable car I've owned. Repairs have been minimal. It's excellent in the snow and rain. Comfortable on long trips. Excellent safety ratings!

MY SUV

by Cap from Tinley Park, Il on January 27, 2011

Fun to drive and dependable ... slight rust problem rear wheel area. Overall great product... Gas mileage could be a little better in city

2004 Endeavor - Excellent SUV

by Daniboy from Danville, VA on November 13, 2009

Excellent SUV for the Money - bought used with 70k miles, now 110k running like new, Recomended !!!!

A great S.U.V.

by SUV Fanatic from Woodland Hills, CA on January 1, 2008

I bought this SUV used in 2004, but it only had 3,513 miles. It now has 145,000 miles and it has not let me down. It had a few recalls, but no mechanical problems so far. Critics say it is bad in style and it doesn't have a bigger engine available, but I think it is great. There is no advantage in having a fast engine in Southern California, there is too much traffic. You would just be causing more pollution and waist more gas. I get great compliments from everyone I know for having a unique SUV. My Mitsubishi Endeavor is great in comfort (it has a lot of room), great styling, safety and most valuable to me, reliability!!! Great SUV for a great price. You have to own it to know the truth, the critics are usually not right!

Best Ride for the money

by Chicat from on February 12, 2011

I have had this car for almost 8 years and have had no problems with it. The only issue I would even mention is it is not the quietest car on the road

1 2 3 4