2003 Lancer

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer?

Great car

by Car Fan from Miami, FL on Sun Mar 27 2011

This car is great, nice and reliable it gets me where I need to go and saves a pretty penny on gas! While it doesn't have nearly the kick that its big brother the EVO has this is to be expected at about half the price. Overall I would say that this car is great for the price and looks good at that!

Best car I ever owned

by Karen from Cape Coral on Tue Jan 30 2007

Comfort, style, reliability and fun to drive. The price was great. Never had one problem with the car and every mit. dealer i went to for normal servicing went above and beyond for me and my car. each dealer always set an appointment according to my schedule and if i couldnt wait they would give me a ride to work and pick me up when my car was ready. My lancer never broke down and scheduled servicing was affordable. When I am ready to buy another car I will definately buy another Lancer.

Reliable Car after 10 years!

by Mark B. from El Paso, Texas on Thu Dec 26 2013

I purchased the 2003 MItsubishi Lancer ES back in May 2004 with 10,212 miles on it. It was my first car during high school and still own it after 150,000 miles. This car has saved my life twice during a brutal snowstorm and during a rainstorm. I own two other cars, yet, I still keep my very first car because the reliability and performance is completely flawless. I have only done routine maintenance to the vehicle for over 10 years. I have replaced the alternator belt, headlamps, tires, window regulator, and A/C (defective) since then. The temperature knob has not been working for the heater, but, I rarely have used it. The paint is completely flawless and in immaculate condition. I never want to sell this car. I will run this car into the ground!

Loved my Lancer

by Banana-Boat from on Mon Jul 22 2013

Mine was recently totaled and I'm looking to replace it exactly. Why? Because I loved my car. It was, affordable, comfortable, handled great, got good gas mileage, was great in the snow(coupled with actually knowing how to drive in the snow), overall looked good and was surprisingly spacey for how small it actually was. I was subject to the faulty catalytic converter but really it was just the O2 sensor so it wasn't actually a problem. I just checked the engine code every few weeks to make sure noting else was popping up and called it a day.

This car has never let us down has 326k

by Bare from ABERDEEN on Mon Sep 18 2017

With regular maintenance is all does not burn oil the car just keeps on going looking for a newer lancer just in case is all :)

Decent Car for The $$

by SnoBunny76 from Minneapolis on Wed Nov 21 2007

This car is great for teens or college students but I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone with discerning taste. It's nice that the Lancer ES has options which usually cost extra at this price point (power pkg, CD, etc). I'd leave this car to the kids.

Owned for 14years and loved it every day!

by Kankan from Canoga park, CA on Sun Jul 23 2017

Very reliable. Bought it brand new & Put 210000 miles in 14 years. Fast, Smooth drive, great midsize/compact car! Loved it so much. Used it for long commute and pleasure.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned.

by geniedm from saipan,mp on Tue Feb 14 2017

Mine's a 2003 Lancer and now 13 years later still looks the same, runs the same, and great car! My car is now 190,000 ;) mileage. Take care of your car every 3 to 6 months the most at least for maintenance from engine, electrical and rotating tires, changing your tires 3 years the most ;) 100% Lancer again baby!

Great car for the cash

by oz rallier from Wichita, KS on Fri Apr 17 2009

I bought the OZ rally new in '03 and still have it today. Mostly used for commuting. This car is solid with good standard features, handles nicely and enough pep from the 2.0 litre engine. I have had NO major problems with this car and everything still works! Only a minor issue - knob that switches from cool to warm sticks at times. If you want super high performance and styling, this is not your car, but if your budget is limited and you want a fun, reliable, roomy compact - check out a Lancer.

I'm going to miss it!

by carrie from va/wv on Sat Jul 12 2008

I got this car during high school. It was used and a couple years old. I have to say, I love it. It's the perfect car for any high school or college student. Cute, yet sporty. Never has had a problem, even after a small crash, still runs like new. I unfortunately have to let it go, as I need a better car for the winter. Worked great during that season when I was home, but because the roads aren't treated well where I live during those months in college, I need something that can get me up steep very snowy hills... aka AWD. If it wasn't for that, I would definately be not letting my Lancer go. It will be missed.

1 2 3