2008 Lancer

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

Decent car overall

by Kyle from Milwaukee, WI on June 18, 2012

I have the GTS model of the Lancer and I absolutely love it. The cars looks are just great interior and exterior. It gets great gas mileage and I love everything about. The engine could use some more power. If you're looking for a fast car this may not be for you. It gets 0-60 in about 9 secs. It's faster than most 4 cylinder cars but once you add some passengers you start decreasing acceleration by a lot. Overall this car makes for perfect for really anyone unles you're looking for straight performance.

very good car so far

by mitsu owner from Indiana on September 20, 2011

We purchased this car used and have had it for about 4 months. It has about 43,000 miles on it. So far this has been an excellent car. The gas mileage is very good (about 30 mpg) for an automatic transmission. It is very sporty looking and drives really well. We have the ES model. My only 2 complaints are that although it is wired for bluetooth you have to buy a separate bluetooth module for $250 to actually be able to use it. And everyone in my family has noticed that the driver doesn't really have any armrests. The console on the right as well as the handle/rest on the driver's door is too low to rest your arms on, so that gets a bit uncomfortable if you are driving for very long.

Great job mitsubishi.

by Long time owner from Indianapolis, IN on June 5, 2014

I've had my 08 GTS for 7 years now. It's not perfect, but it's been great. The 18 inch rims are pretty much the worst thing ever. They're horrible in the winter. They make the ride rough and noisy, but I traded them for 16 inch rims and it has been so much better. So far I've replaced the HVAC fan and a power window motor (besides general maintenance). Every thing else is working perfectly. The paint near the bottom of the back doors is coming off, but there's no rust yet. I still love to drive this thing. Mitsubishi put together a great tech package that is still not available on many new cars. I love the keyless entry/ignition. It saves so much time. I still average 35 mpg in daily driving. The cabin noise is a little loud at times, but I just turn up the tunes. I've never had problem with the amount of power especially when passing on the highway. It's just a great car and 134,000 miles later I still have a smile whenever I get behind the wheel.

What a nice car!

by Oscar Jr. from Emmitsburg, MD. on April 24, 2008

I got this car 6 days ago after researching for a month an a half, I decided to get the Lancer ES with CVT because of the great number of features included, the handling, the quality of the interior, the nice and modern exterior styling and the long Mitsubishi warranty. This is my fourth Mitsubishi. I have owned a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, a 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage S and a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I have always been extremely satisfied with the reliability and craftsmanship of this automaker. The Lancer 2008 is a piece of art, an intelligent design, affordable and competitive. I highly recommend this car if you are in the market for an economical four door, sporty vehicle.

Contender for "most improved" car of '07/'08

by New car buyer from Schererville, Indiana on April 20, 2007

If products like the 2008 Lancer are representative of Mitsubishi Motors' future in the U.S., then prospects for the company are very bright indeed. I have driven several 2003-2005 Lancers as fleet cars, and it would be an understatement to say the '08 model is merely "new and improved." Mitsubishi Motors has literally transformed a car that could charitably described as mediocre (the '02-'06 iteration) to one that distinguishes itself among the front-runners of the compact car segment in styling, features, and driving dynamics (the '08 model). To put it succinctly, the new Lancer exudes a sense of solidity and balance that was sorely lacking in its predecessor. I bought a 5-speed Rally Red ES model with no options other than the dealer installed Bluetooth module & microphone (the wiring was already in place). Some features I found noteworthy for a sub $17k compact car include: * Multifunction display, including outside temp. gauge and trip computer. It displays "Welcome!" when the engine is started and "Goodbye!" when it is turned off. * 4 wheel disc brakes with 4-channel ABS; dual piston calipers in front * A surprisingly high quality base audio system (good soundstage, RDS, MP3, CD-Text, speed sensitive volume, customized tone settings for rock, pop, jazz, etc.) * Remote keyless entry integrated into the key * Long warranty coverage (5yr/60k mi. whole vehicle, 10yr/100k mi. on powertrain) * Non-intrusive trunk hinges and a lined trunklid

Good Bang for your Buck

by pgh_lancer from Pittsburgh, PA on September 1, 2010

Have owned my Lancer for about 6 months now and really can't complain at all about it. Provides a comfortable ride for the daily commute and gives you a nice, sporty look for being a sedan. Overall a good value and would recommend.

lancer es

by importlover from Redfield, AR on October 7, 2014

great gas milage, good performance for a N/A 4 banger. feels super light, plenty of room. always get the Rockford fosgate system it will be worth it. only thing I had to replace was the VSS, and the headlight connecters but I was running the blue lights never had a problem with my super bright whites. ALWAYS GET THE MANUAL!!! plenty of engine room for upgrades. also wishes it would be a RWD instead of FWD fury.

very reliable car

by adam du on March 13, 2018

did not have much mechanical work done on the car. It went up to 320,000 km and possible more if it was not for a car accident. I recommend it for anyone who is looking for a low maintenance car.

Great car for the money

by likes cars from Toronto on March 31, 2008

My previous car was stolen. I drove an Acura so I do like preformence with my cars. I needed to get a car quick and for less then I would have wanted to spend. I looked at all the cars in the same price range and choose the Lancer and have not looked back. Some ppl say the engine is too loud, but honestly with a car that looks like this you expect a little noise. Nice power and handleing, I still cant get over how nice an overall package this thing is for the price. I honestly could see it costing five to eight thousand more then what they sell it at.

Fantastic!

by Pumped from Pennsylvania on October 10, 2010

I purchased this 08 Lancer DE after finishing grad school. Lancers caught my eye because of their exterior and interior styling. When researching many small or mid-sized sporty sedans, the Lancer to me stood out above the rest. The seats are firm and comfortable, and the drivers seat is 6 way adjustable with the ability to raise and lower. This combined with a tilt adjustable steering wheel makes it possible for a driver of any size to fit this vehicle comfortably. Unless you are spending much more for a Ralliart or Evolution, you are not really buying a performance vehicle with the Lancer. But with that said this 4 cylinder 154hp engine has plenty of pep to make any hill climb effortlessly, and passing on the highway is never a problem. Reviews I had read on this car prior to purchasing didnt say great things about performance, so this was a very pleasant surprise for me. The car corners very nicely, and I believe the turning radius is even better than my previous car which was much smaller. I only have the car for 4 months now, so I cant really comment on reliability, but I have not had any problems. Obviously a good thing. I am currently driving about 30 miles each way to work 4 days a week, and I fill up with gas about every 300 miles. My car would make about 330 before it runs empty. Between my work commute and weekend trips, I end up re-fueling about every 6 days or so which I find very acceptable. All in all I would recommend this car to anyone. Lancers come with so many standard concenience and safety features usually only found on more expensive models. Between all of the features, performance, and fuel economy, as well as head turning looks, this car is well worth the price range.

1 2 3 4