2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Sexiest car in the world

by from Midwest USA on December 30, 2010

I just recently bought my 2003 GSR with 27,500k miles...had to drive it all the way from Michigan to Wisconsin too. No problems whatsoever, just make sure to get best fluids and gas always. I have always loved the way these cars look, and the only bad things that i would say about this car are: 1. Using the turbo absolutely EATS gas...and when you aren't using it, expect around 17-19mpg city, 20-23 highway. 2. Interior looks great...Recaro seats, Momo steering wheel, etc. But the stock stereo blows, and some of the interior components look kinda plasticky. Really though...most fun car i have ever driven. Almost all used Evos you will find have modifications done to them, and depending what the previous owners did and how the owners took care of them, you could either have a ticking time bomb or a great vehicle that will last for years to come. Do your research and get the car(s) inspected before you decide to dish out any $$$

The most miles on an Evo

by from Middletown,NY on December 6, 2011

I ever thought about writing a review until some of my friends were interested in buying an Evo. Being a technician helps with the maintenance, but really as long as you don't abuse the car it should last. I found my first one with 67,000 miles on it and now my second one with 99,000. Both 03's. My first one is still going strong at 262,000 as of today. I love the cars handling,power, and don't forget about the AWD which is such a great thing to have in the snow. I drive it a lot and am a smaller guy so sitting in the recaros all day is okay. Might it be comfortable for a bigger guy. Either way, I love mine. Just don't use cheap parts and you should have a car that last a while.

2005 mitsubishi lancer evolution VIII

by from reno, nv on June 28, 2006

wow wow wow, this car is just amazing! it outperforms alot of cars double or triple its price and with a little modification it is one of the fastest cars on the road, it can still go to the store and can be almost tame enough to go on a long,comfortable drive in the country I plan on buying as many of these cars as I can in one word it still boils down to WOW

Go kart for big kids...

by from Sunderland, MA on November 10, 2006

Lots of fun to drive. Corners well. Believe it or not it is very good in the snow (if you swap out the OE tires) due to the AWD. The first model year (2003) has its problems but once sorted is reliable. Mileage is good if you stay out of the turbo boost...but what fun is that?

Eleven years later... still smokes the competition

by from Philadelphia PA on October 12, 2014

I'm the original owner of a 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII. For the performance, pound for pound, there is no other sports car that can be found for the money. I have 159,000 miles on the the odometer. This is the original engine, original internals, original transmission, original transfer case, and original differential. I replaced the clutch at 35,000 miles because I increased power to 415hp at the crank. It has remained at this power level for eight years with trips to Atco and Englishtown. I recently tracked the car in July 2013 at New Jersey Motorsports park at 145,000 miles and it performed without issue. The Evo's drive train components are part of the magic and it's good to service them regularly. Be sure to change transmission, transfer case and differential fluids at or before recommended intervals. Proper maintenance and the car should operate indefinitely. On long road trips I've found the Recaro seats to be very supportive and surprisingly comfortable. The Momo steering wheel is also just right in feel. The interior styling is perhaps a bit dated now, however, I continue to receive compliments on how fresh the car looks from the exterior. Evo's love proper alignment and fresh tires. I keep two sets for winter and summer respectively. At normal speeds the car is less engaging. Beyond normal speeds the car comes to life. When you've reached the limits of grip, you discover there's more. Brakes, suspension and chassis all work together on the back roads. Power delivery is brutal. My friends own 911 Turbos, 911 GT3s, and Nissan GTRs, and the Evo is right there with them in performance. As the years have gone by durability and reliability for the performance are what I value most about this car. I'll have it for a long time. And yes eleven years later, it still smokes the competition.

The best overall car

by from New york,ny on December 18, 2008

i think it is the best car becasue the handling ontop of manual transmisson and so much more great car

To much fun

by from on December 16, 2008

This has been one of the best cars I've ever driven! It's fast and handles like a dream around the corners. Also it gives you the best of both worlds the luxury of a sedan and the speed and control of a sports car.

Very nice car

by from Inglewood, Ca on April 29, 2017

This is a fun car. The car is very clean and well maintained and with the mods and power the price isn't too steep.

Best Stock race car for value

by from Bartlesville, Ok on July 30, 2008

I bought this car for my son to race at the track, and its a GREAT!! car; handles well. Great Reliable engine. Plunty of power and torque; Id recomend this car to anyone!!

Overall Great Car!

by from Salt Lake City, UT on June 20, 2017

This car has been amazing to me. It is comfortable on long trips, has some pep to it, its good looking and simple, and it has been super reliable as long as you take care of it.

Similar Models