2014 Outlander

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

love this car

by frankie from Vancouver island Canada on July 7, 2016

Great value for price. Does all expected and more. Gas consumption 7.0 L Av..Very good car and value for $. It is very under rated by led foot "experts".I worked for BMW technical for 25 years ,drove a lot of nice cars,but there is place for sensible practical good car.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Tremendous performer plus best warranty

by Sparks from San Antonio, TX on August 10, 2014

Consumer Reports almost put me off this car; their reviewer was completely off the mark. I got my SE w/ leather, Rockford Fosgate sound, plus a DVD, moon roof, navigation and backing cam for about 28K without any of the other discounts. It is quiet, handles like a champ, has the best safety features in its class including lane departure and forward impact warning. It is keyless touch start. It also has an auto lift gate. I have had to learn my way through the complex sound system, but what a performer! It does get about 25 MPG around town, and 30+ on the highway. It has the best warranty in the business, so there is no risk to the consumer here anyway. Remember--Mitsubishi has been as reliable as can be forever. Talk to owners. I traded my excellent performing Outlander Sport for this, and never had a moment's problem with that car over two years either. Bottom line: it is inexpensive with luxury standard add-ons. It is reliable. It has the best warranty in the world. It handles and accelerates very well. It has a third seat if you want it. It has ample cargo room (Consumer Reports did not understand how to fold the second seat completely down). It has the best sound system in any under $75,000 car. I love it. So much so, I sought out a site where I could brag on the car. Oh, and I love the interior and wood detail. I get compliments everywhere I go on it styling inside and out. Again, I think too many reviewers are in the bag for the big players.

Fits the bill better than any in price range

by Sir J from Sandwich, MA on December 7, 2014

We lucked out finding a used 2014 Outlander Sport on Cape Cod while trading our Acura TL. Needed space for our big fluffy dog at the same time in-laws to visit. The Outlander GT was a perfect choice. It came loaded with 4WD, leather, sunroof, traction, rear camera and the great Rockford Fosgate sound system. The car handles like a dream, and is so easy to enter and exit. Gas mileage runs about 28 overall. After the Acura I thought it would be hard to praise but the Outlander GT is a worthy upgrade!

Fun Vehicle

by Mitsubishi Fan from Pontiac, Illinois on September 11, 2014

Purchased this vehicle last month and I'm very happy with my choice. Comfortable to ride in, heated seats, sunroof, back up camera are all my favorites. Easy to get in and out even with multiple passengers. Seats are easy to lift for cleaning or if you drop something between the seats. The hands-free BT system is so convenient and the satellite radio is a bonus. It came with a 3 month free subscription. Affordable and nice for the money.

WOW...Pleasantly surprised!

by VolvoOwner from Glen Ellyn, IL on December 18, 2013

Needed a replacement for my fuel-efficient and reliable company car (a sporty-looking 2012 Toyota Camry SE). In addition to driving in heavy traffic in/around metro Chicago, I would now spend time on rough roads in rural Indiana & Central Illinois as well, as part of work. So, a higher ground-clearance SUV was my target...but one that had to be easy to maneuver and park. It would also be used on weekend drives to suburban events along with my wife, kids and on occasion, grandpa & grandma too. As such, priorities were: a Smaller SUV (easy to park), Safety (have owned Volvo and Lexus since 1997 and can't compromise on crash protection!) and Reliability. A stowable 3rd row of seats would be a plus, as well as excellent fuel economy. All within a fairly modest budget. I researched many 2014 Small SUV options then test drove the nice-looking Nissan Rogue, Mazda CX-5 and Hyundai Tucson. I also drove the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Ford Escape, Jeep Cherokee and lastly, the Mitsubishi Outlander. Wasn't keen on the Outlander's exterior styling at first, but....staying within budget, it managed to hit all my priorities. What then brought it to the top was the combination of superior IIHS safety/crash test scores (it even beat BMW) and the peace of mind from the 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty with 24/7 roadside assistance (plus a 10-yr powertrain). So, after significant consideration, I surprised myself by purchasing the Outlander (FWD version in SE trim). Owning the Outlander continues to pleasantly surprise me. I readily take advantage of the tight turning radius when driving/looking for parking in the city, enjoy the heated seats & dual auto climate control, love the push start/stop and keyless entry as well as the features of the touchscreen, Bluetooth/hands-free phone and handy back-up camera... all while getting a shocking 28 combined MPG on regular gas (even with 6 or 7 passengers on board)! I find the 18-inch wheels to be one of the most attractive on any SUV, and I do like the overall clean shape. If money was no object, I'd get the elegant & rugged Range Rover. However, for now, I'll settle on this mini-version (lol!).

Fun new car

by Julie from Tampa, FL on October 15, 2014

After having a very reliable Honda CRV for 15 years, my Outlander fits the price point and capacity needs we were looking for in a family car.

Exceptional Value

by Practical Driver from Huntsville, AL on January 15, 2014

Been shopping and comparing for a CUV with 3 rows. I am the only passenger (90%) of the time but it is nice to have the ability have the 3rd row when needed. Primary drivers are - 1. Great gas mileage 2. Available 3rd row 3. Highly reliable I whittled it down to the Rogue (2014), Outlander (2014) and the Santa Fe/Sorento. I settled for the Outlander. Impressions: 1. Overall quiet driving refinement - minimal road noise. I do hear the engine (typical Mitsubishi sound - having been a previous Mitsu owner). 2. Exceptional gas mileage - I drive within restricted zones (45-50 mph - 70% of the time). I am getting up to 35 MPG. In the city or highway at 65 mph, I am getting 30-33 MPG - with me as the sole occupant. 3. CVT seems flawless so far. This is my 2nd CVT. I drive a Nissan Quest with CVT. 4. Great price - The Rogue 2014 was higher by at least $3K (lowest negotiated price). The Santa Fe / Sorrento was about $2-3K higher as well. 5. 5 Star safety rating 6. Nice engine layout - I work on my own cars. The Nissan was really tight. The Outlander had plenty of space for me to work on. 7. Reliable - this is my 2nd Mitsu. My first was a Lancer and never gave me a CEL even at 166K. I sold it as it reached 11 years. Wish List 1. More storage spaces - there is plenty of space for more cubbies. For example, a drawer underneath the front passenger would be a nice plus. 2. There should a be a separate quick guide for the USB/Bluetooth function. As it is, without reading the thick manual, it is hard to figure out. 3. Build in roof cross rails. The available cross rails/cross bars is a single integrated piece. I only want cross rails - and you cannot order them as a separate piece.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

by Project.CF from San Jose, CA on December 27, 2013

Before purchasing the 2014 Outlander GT, I did a lot of research on this vehicle and found out that a lot of consumers are still complaining about the CRAMPED 3rd row seat it has. As a owner of a 2014 Outlander GT, I did my very own test with a drive up to Napa Valley CA with friends and family. The horse power for a V6 is plenty, the 3rd row seats has enough room for 2 adults that are both over 5ft tall and under 6ft tall. Second row seats are comfortable and easy to move forward to make room for the 3rd row seats. As for fuel economy, I got an average of 22.5 miles combined. Also I would like to add is that my car is still under 500 miles so it still has quite a ways until the engine is broken in. If you are looking for a 7 seater vehicle with above fuel economy specs, you need to check out the Outlander. I would recommend this vehicle to everybody, so head down to the dealerships and check them out for yourselves.

Not my favorite car

by LynchFamily from NH on April 12, 2017

We bought the Mits Outlander 4 months ago for our family of 6. It is not my favorite car. It transport us from point A to B reliabilibly. Good points: It fits all of us. The gas is very good 340 -380 a tank to me is great. The awd is great it can be turned on as needed. Normal, AWD eco, Lock, and Snow. Living in New England region this has been very useful. The front seating is very comfortable with heated seats. Dash is easy to read. No soo good points: It has no pick up and go. It uses a CRT transmission which makes going up hills and picking up speed onto the highway very sluggish. While there is enough seating with seat belts for all of us; it is not very roomy. My little ones 7 and under complaining about leg room. I do not like the location of the AWD button in the middle of the console area; it gets bumped easily. Sound system would be great but the lack of speakers towards the back makes it difficult for the third row to hear the music. If the third row is up for seating there is absolutely no storage room. I can get a maybe to paperbags of groceries in it. If I have sun roof open I cannot open back windows it makes horrible windtunnel sound. The heating/cooling console too confusing for me. Overall I would not recommend this car especially for anyone with more than two children. Hope this helps

Does not recommend this car!!

my new outlander

by dodgedav from tennessee on March 17, 2014

car drives very well on the road, exterior appearance i would put against any other car, its a beautiful car. the 4 cylinder engine has alot to be desired in power, but it gets excellant fuel mileage so i'm happy. the interior is great, i would suggest arm rest on both the front seat backs, the consol arm rest is to far back and is hard to rest your arm on, the car has plenty of storage in back and in the front. all in all i rate it an excellent buy for the money.

1 2 3 4 5