2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Beautiful Car Without the Comfort.

by from Reading, PA on September 18, 2017

This car has all the bells and whistles! However, not comfortable to drive in my opinion, no lumbar support. Beautiful interior and exterior. Not a smooth ride, you feel every bump.
Not Rated Reliability

Great reliability, but no room or power

by from Baltimore, MD on September 12, 2017

Owned my Outlander for three years and never had any major issues, but also kept it well maintained. This thing had NO power and the third row was a joke. There wasn't even enough room for my young kids to their feet down. I would only recommend for the first and second row. Just pretend it doesn't even come with a third row, maybe for your dog or something.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Excellent choice

by from Clifton park,NY on May 18, 2017

Purchased as a second vehicle,may turn out to be our primary one.All the room we need,navigation,bluetooth and cold air make this suv a perfect choice for us.

Not my favorite car

by from NH on April 12, 2017

We bought the Mits Outlander 4 months ago for our family of 6. It is not my favorite car. It transport us from point A to B reliabilibly. Good points: It fits all of us. The gas is very good 340 -380 a tank to me is great. The awd is great it can be turned on as needed. Normal, AWD eco, Lock, and Snow. Living in New England region this has been very useful. The front seating is very comfortable with heated seats. Dash is easy to read. No soo good points: It has no pick up and go. It uses a CRT transmission which makes going up hills and picking up speed onto the highway very sluggish. While there is enough seating with seat belts for all of us; it is not very roomy. My little ones 7 and under complaining about leg room. I do not like the location of the AWD button in the middle of the console area; it gets bumped easily. Sound system would be great but the lack of speakers towards the back makes it difficult for the third row to hear the music. If the third row is up for seating there is absolutely no storage room. I can get a maybe to paperbags of groceries in it. If I have sun roof open I cannot open back windows it makes horrible windtunnel sound. The heating/cooling console too confusing for me. Overall I would not recommend this car especially for anyone with more than two children. Hope this helps

No other vehicle like this vehicle

by from Cleveland, OH on March 18, 2017

Words can't express how happy I am with my Mitsubishi Outlander GT! I wish I would have discovered Mitsubishi cars earlier in my life!

The best truck ever

by from Syracuse,ny on February 21, 2017

I was looking for something for my family and this 7 seater was perfect.my family loves it and I'm glad the price was affordable for me and that the dealer worked with me

Rattling noise when AC ix engaged

by from on December 8, 2016

I have only 20,000 k on my 2014 outlander and I have been trying to get Mitsubishi to find and fix this issue, so far they cannot seem to find the problem. They have changed compressor and tensioner but the noise is still there. I'm now being told that if I want to get rid of the problem I should buy a new vehicle. Apparently the new models don't make this noise. Of course the loss would be at my expense. When the time comes I will buy a new vehicle but it will NOTbe a Mitsubishi.

love this car

by from Vancouver island Canada on July 7, 2016

Great value for price. Does all expected and more. Gas consumption 7.0 L Av..Very good car and value for $. It is very under rated by led foot "experts".I worked for BMW technical for 25 years ,drove a lot of nice cars,but there is place for sensible practical good car.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Knowledge is power

by from Indianapolis, IN on May 24, 2016

First, I know a lot about Mitsubishi in general. That being said we got this as an upgrade from a 2012 fully loaded outlander sport. So we upgraded in the sense of the awd system but we do miss the panoramic roof and media server. However, the outlander media system is more responsive that the sport. Overall thus car s a great value bea use it is the cheapest platform with a 3rd row. The engine platform, 4b11, is newer but should still be reliable. The awd system is top notch but later one there may be minor false positives with it. I expect we will upgrade by then, I mean the 200k mile mark. I well say that the interior is normal with no over the top quality or plushness, which for a family trekker is fine. If you are looking for something more you will have to pay for it. Good hunting

Very reliable but VERY poor---even awful MPG!

by from Sioux Falls SD on February 20, 2015

I like the Outlander for a number of reasons such as reliability, easily understood controls, but the fuel economy is so poor that I wish I wouldn't have bought it. Both Mitsu customer service and the local dealership make excuses for the bad MPG and a number of other local drivers have complained as well. They ( the dealer and the factory people) state that the Hwy MPG is tested at 50 MPG, so when I get less than 20 on the highway driving 70 mph, I should expect it to be that poor. Anybody that you know WANT to drive 50 miles per hour when the speed limit is 70??? THAT is not realistic. Yesterday I didn't make it 215 miles on a full tank of gas on interstate driving in completely flat terrain.... I got 16.008 MPG is all. Went right to dealer with it for service and there was nothing wrong. NEVER have gotten close to the EPA estimate and I only use the vehicle on highway and it is maintained meticulously. When I check mileage---which is frequently---I usually check it over an abundance of miles and several tanks of gas to eliminate any errors. I am really disappointed with the lack of economy with this.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander