2006 Raider

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Like a Dakota but with better looks!

by Truck Guy from Colorado Springs on January 4, 2007

I have owned a 99 Dakota Sport with the 5.2L V8 Extended Cab, and compared to that the 06 Raider Durocross V8 rides smoother and has a much quieter ride. The only (and I mean ONLY) complaint I have about it is the back seat. Even my 99 Dakota had a roomier backseat and it was the same extended cab body style! I person would think that if they found the need to add 2 more doors to the extended cab model, that they would have gave you more leg room in the rear. As a 6'3" individual, I find it pretty close to impossible to fit in the backseat even with the front seat slid all the way forward, I think the only use for the backseat is for storage and possibly carrying children. Other than the small backseat though, I love the ride, power, and driveability of the Raider. And look forward to a 4.7High Output engine or the bringing back of the 5.2L V8 sometime in the near future hopefully.

Great Mid-Size Truck

by TimAR from on May 9, 2017

I bought a 2006 Raider Duracross Quadcab in 2007 with 5,000 miles on it for only $15,000. Now in 2017 it has 70,000 miles. It's twin is the Dodge Dakota, and the Mitsubishi does have Chrysler labels on body parts. If you want a great mid-size truck like the Dakota, buy it's twin Raider for thousands less. They are twice the vehicle of the Chevy Colorado.

Our 11 year journey.....

by Tim from New York on January 28, 2017

i own the extended cab V6 Raider and i have never been more proud of her. I purchased her with just 32 miles on her odometer and over 82,000 miles later she is still fun to drive and reliable with no serious mechanical issues. Shes fun to drive, her handling is excellent drives almost like a car. ive made modification over the years and she keeps going. the only thing that makes me sad is that i have to say goodbye to her, her journey with me is just about over since i have a family now and the family is getting bigger and there just isn't enough room in an extended cab for a car seat and 2 large dogs. so her journey will have continue hopefully with another who will take care of her just as well if not better than i have. i would recommend the Raider to anyone that needs a reliable mid sized pickup that they can use for work or even a daily driver as i have. its an awesome truck.

Happy I shopped around!

by HitMan64 from Brrrr Colorado!!! on March 9, 2010

My wife and I bought our Raider duro-cross 4x4 4 door truck used 2 years ago with 11,000 miles on it and have put another 20,000 miles on it without even one problem. Very strong and reliable truck all around. Getting 18mpg around town and 26 on hi-way with the 4.7 V8 5spd auto really surprised me. We live in Colorado and it does exceptionally well in the snow,rain and ice conditions here in winter. Off road it climbs like a mountain goat! Rides and drives more like a car then a truck too! Quite ride at hi-way speeds too and the 6 cd stereo is a plus! all in all the truck has surpassed all of our expectations. We are very happy we shopped around and did the research before we bought.

Best truck for the money

by Dima from St. Louis MO on July 30, 2007

Good engine, high torque, low on HP,cheap quality of trim and details like that, great warranty. Biggest bang for the buck

Smooth, reliable and good looking

by MarksRaider from Dallas, Tx on December 28, 2006

I have owned my Raider double-cab since June. It is the XLT version with all the trimmings. Prior to purchasing this vehicle, I owned a 2000 Dodge Dakota double-cab. The Raider is a huge improvement over the older version of the Dakota, quieter, better ride and more options and features. I have received many compliments on its looks, inside and out. My passengers are happy with the room and the ride quality as well. Given the problems that Mitsubishi is having with selling these, I got a great bargain compared to trying to buy a Dakota. To date, its been trouble free. My only complaint about it is the poor gas mileage. It actually gets worse mileage than my old Dakota. I know the truck is slightly bigger, but I expected that Dodge's engineers would have found away to improve the MPG.

Lots of Truck for it's size

by Geocache from Arizona on June 22, 2007

I have had my Raider since November 2006. This truck never ceases to amaze me. It handles well, and is down right sexy. The only problem is it makes a loud kerchunk when putting auto transmission into park/drive. I'm currently working with the dealership on a resolution

Very sharp looking ride

by M&M Kutterna from Erie, PA on January 31, 2018

Very solid truck with just enough amenities. Well thought out design and smooth on the road. Body style is very sporty and hip.

Dakota remake?

by Macflo from Houston, Texas on November 18, 2006

I was told by the salesman that this truck is a Dakota under Mitsu name. After I drove it, I knew this guy was wrong. I owned a 02 Dakota with the same engine (4.7) and it performed very well. The Raider is a far more better vehicle and performs wonderful. The truck is full of toys like bluetooth connection in the mirror, excellent radio, better than average seats, etc. I have had this truck for a month and I'm got accostumed to the comments of people on the road about the "good looking truck" I have. The best part of the package is the engine/transmission. Made by Daimler, the powerful V8 leaves behind Toyotas, Fords, etc. Those trucks could have more hp but the Raider has a better hp/lb. ft. relationship and you feel the big torque from the very first time you push the gas pedal. Want even better performance?, just add a K&N filter and you will feel in a race track.

Great warranty and looks

by Mit Driver from San Angelo, Texas on July 20, 2009

I bought this truck new and have over 12,000 miles on it. It is a great looking truck and has a better warranty than the Dakota, but is basically the same truck. It does everything I need, to include towing a trailer and motorcycle through Arizona, Utah and Nevada. The only thing I wish the truck had was a lumbar support in the driver's seat.

1 2