2004 Altima

2004 Nissan Altima

$778 - $7,090  MSRP Range
2004 Nissan Altima

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Nissan Altima?

Very Lucky

by Lucky from Wisconsin on Thu Oct 28 2010

I would recommend this car to everyone! I love the luxury about it. Its a smooth fast car! I'm so happy I came to this website. I bought it from a private owner and got the deal of my life! No car payments for me! Yaayy !! Thank you Cars.com!!

Comfortable and inexpensive to run

by johnnyj from Manalapan, NJ on Sun Nov 13 2011

This car has above average reliability and I have ver few expenses other than oil changes, and tires.

I am soooo pleased

by Just Mom from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Jul 25 2012

I made an excellent purchase for my daughter's first car. The Nissan dealer gave me a thumbs up when I had the car inspected. And my daughter loves it!

Stylish indeed

by Forever Nissan from kinston on Mon Mar 16 2015

This Car is stylish. Very mature look with a touch of sport. It has alot of room and there great on gas. This 2004 Maxima is a must get.

A head turner at an economic price!

by Travel Nut from Kansas City on Sat Nov 10 2007

Very roomy but sporty styling. I usuall trade every 2 years but I don't want to get rid of my Altima after 3.5 years.

Awesome car!

by Hol from Atlanta on Sat Oct 17 2009

I bought a used Altima 2.5S from 2004. This car is great. I have driven Honda Civics and an Accord previously, but after this car would never go back to these. Exterior: The styling is timeless. This is a car that people will love even after 10 years. Interior: Same as exterior is timeless. The buttons and controls are placed where they should, unlike other cars where, after a few months driving, I would still think controls are placed weird. The designers of this car really thought this through in detail. there is also plenty of nicely covered storage. comfort: I have driven this from Atlanta to Waterbury (Connecticut) in one day and I got out of the car not feeling tired at all. I have done this trip in three different cars (Civic; Accord; Taurus), which all left me completely exhausted. The seats are very comfortable and give you support and freedom of movement at the same time. I have a bad lower back and therefore seats are extremely important to me. Performance: Although not extremely sporty, the pickup and acceleration are there when you need it. The minus I have on here is that when the gears switch when accelerating the rpm does not stay in its optimal range, but falls about 1000rpm below it. Handling: is how it should be in a car like this. Comfort, but extremely safe and secure handling, even in rainy days. Features: I would suggest to always go with a Special Edition. It gives you just those features that you really enjoy. Mine is standard 2.5S, but I wish I chosen the Special Edition. Value for the money: A car of this size, and these features should be valued a category higher then it currently is. (Not complaining there though! :) ). Reliability: I have never had any problems with this car. I am on 70K miles and no problems at all. This car is meant to keep going! Overall: This is a definite car I would continue to buy. The car is great and I am confident it will be great for many years and miles to come. People that have driven next to me in the car are really surprised about the styling and consistency of the car. I recommend this highly.

GREAT car!

by Mags from California on Thu Aug 30 2007

I love mine - it is perfect for taking my mother out (or boss) and perfect for drivin' down 280 on a Sunday with tunes turned way up. The trunk is huge, plenty of room in theback seat but on the outside it's not a big car. It has a smooth pickup and breezes through 'think fast' type situations. It feels good to drive.

I think I bought the Lemon in the Group

by Meg from Muskegon, MI on Fri Jan 11 2008

I own a 2004 Nissan Altima. I know people who own the same make and model as me and have not had a single problem with their car. I bought this car brand new with 18 miles on it almost 4 years ago. In these past 4 years I have had to get new tires (which is understandable) a new battery (becasue the one the factory put in was leaking), new radiator, new crankshaft and I continually have the problem of my heat not working when the car is in idle or park. I have brought it to the dealership 5 times in the bast year for this same problem (3 times in the bast month). My car is there right now while they are trying once again to see what is causing this problem. From my experience I will not buy another Nissan again and that is unfortunte becasue I do love my car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Still Going

by Loyal from West Palm Beach, Florida on Tue Jul 29 2014

Almost 10 years 211,000 miles and still going. If you are going to buy please get 3.5 and not 2.5. It seems as 2.5 has more problems than 3.5. I have another Honda Accord but I still like this one better.

nissan what happened

by nissan owner from springfield ma on Sat Aug 11 2007

I've always owned japanese cars and was extremely happy. Talked to people who had owned late 90's altima they were very satisfied...this one has less than 70k and already electrical problems/sensor issues....car doesn't want too start right away seems sluggish....first and last nissan

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3