2006 Altima

2006 Nissan Altima

2006 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2006 Nissan Altima?

LOVE my 3.5 SE!!!

by AtlimaLover from Roanoke, VA on Wed Aug 10 2011

Absolutely love my Altima!! Owned a 2.5 S special edition bought new in 06. Owned until 2010 when it was hit and totaled on the interstate by a wreckless Semi driver. Car held up VERY well! Loved that one so much I went out and bought another 06 almost just like it! Only differences are the bigger engine, Spoiler, Sunroof and exterior color. A little upset with the MPG but once your used to getting 33-35 MPG down to 23 I guess its a little shocking. Cant complain though. 2.5 had over 75,000 miles on it and the current one only had 56,000 when I bought it. Certainly a HUGE Nissan fan now! Dont think I could ever go back!!

Love my 2006 Altima!

by altimaowner from Missouri on Wed Feb 23 2011

Great car, no problems. Bought it new and now have 147,000 miles on it. Absolutely no problems with this car. I drive 100 miles per day, 5 days a week and enjoy driving my car. I love the way it handles, hugs the road. A great looking and reliable car. Fun to drive.

Excellent

by Drag Racer from California on Fri Aug 29 2008

If the sporty stance and Nissan's reputation doesn't already attract you to this car, after test driving it there should be no question left in your mind. The 3.5 litre V6 delivers. With great acceleration from a stop or a roll, and handling to match any driver should love this car. Whats great is you can even load the kids up, fit a stroller and all your groceries in the trunk. Functionality meets performance here!

luxury car look sport's car performance

by bobby from shelby, north carolina on Tue Dec 28 2010

I've had my 3.5 SL for about three months and I have really enjoyed it so far. It has awesome power,and it is fun to drive, and it is very comfortable driving down the road. The eight speaker BOSE sound system is the best I have ever heard, it really sounds good. The exterior is beautiful, and the interior, with the heated leather seats, looks like a luxury car. I bought it used, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Great vehicle, great price

by techblukat from Loveland, CO on Sat Apr 11 2009

This is my second Nissan Altima, went for one again because my first was great. The 06 beats the competition-the Camry and the Accord-for good looks, reliability, performance, and value. The S package has just the right amount of bells and whistles. The interior and trunk are roomy. The power is adequate for a 4 cylinder and it picks up when you need it to. The body style is why Nissan really stands out. It is a beautiful car-and you won't be dragging it to the shop very much. You can't go wrong with the Altima. Opt for the upgrade stereo system-Altima makes driving a pleasure-like it should be!

Premature rust

by Boston Altima from Boston area MA on Sat Mar 22 2014

Purchased '06 Altima 2.5S new Oct '06. Superior maintenance and care....car shines showroom new to this day. Oil pan rotted out at 75k miles. Front driver and passenger floor boards rotted out at 100k miles due to design and poor quality sheet metal. Nissan Consumer Affairs offers ZERO help or support for this known defect. Paid $1000 to replace floor boards. Muffler is rotting out at 110k miles. My wife's 11 year old Accord has zero rust! Will NEVER purchase another Nissan.

Does not recommend this car!!

Altima SE-R is perfect mix of sports car and sedan

by Mr.vr4 from Alabama on Sat Jun 01 2013

I found an '06 Altima SE-R with 12,345 miles and couldn't pass it up. Mine is the six speed manual and it is the easiest manual you'll ever drive. Very smooth gearbox that lets you shift effortlessly between the gears. The engine setup is also nice in that it is not picky about what gear you are in. Even takes off in second. Very classy yet sporty interior. Sport seats are not only nice looking but also functional and comfortable. Also comes with heated seats. Only thing this car is missing is a rear view camera. The exhaust y-pipe design is less than perfect, but I plan to install an aftermarket one to help exhaust flow. I really like the body styling on the SE-R. The fascia and the big dual exhaust pipes really add a nice touch. Suspension is sport tuned, yet doesn't bounce you around. Very comfortable ride with good feedback from the steering. With the 3.5L V6 there is a good balance of power and gas mileage. From the positive reliability history the Altima's have, I hope to get many years of fun out of my new SE-R.

Excellent auto

by aaaaltimaaaaa from canada on Thu Nov 11 2010

I bought car used and in a year and a half I put an air filter in it. I hope I keep having this luck for a long time. Nice handling, roomy, adequate power for the engine size (2.5S), sharp looking car and the price was very affordable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Have a love hate relationship, but mostly love it

by Sports Car Enthusiast with a family sedan from NJ on Fri Oct 23 2009

As the title says, I have a few things I hate about the car and a few things I love, and overall, especially for it's class, I love the car. Love: The handling, decent feature set, decent driver seat, spirited 4 cyl engine, spacious, aged but nice exterior look, reliability so far (owned for 3+ yrs and going strong) Hate: Interior styling (the stereo LCD looks like it's from the 90s, I have the regular one, not Bose), Lack of more safety features like side impact airbags, ABS etc., somewhat noisy engine (but to be expected for a 4 cyl), somewhat awkward transmission from 1 to 2 at times..

LOVE IT

by Kelly from PA on Fri Jul 03 2009

I have an '06 Altima SL and have loved driving it. It is very roomy, comfortable, and handles well in all kinds of weather. What I like about this car are all the compartments in the front for putting your CD's, phone, navigation system, drinks, Satelite radio box, etc. The console is very sharp looking. I got the leather heated seats and they are very comfortable. The back seat is roomy for those longer trips when I sit in the back with my son and my husband drives. I found the engine to be a bit loud but I would not complain about this. The pick up is good and the car has power. My Altima was leased and it is time to turn it in for an SUV. I have enjoyed driving it and do highly recommend it. I only have 36,000 miles on the car but haven't put any money into it except tires.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2006 Nissan Altima

The Altima has been a Nissan mainstay, and like most successful family sedans, there are a variety of models from which to choose.

While the 250-horsepower V-6 is fun, the rising price of gasoline makes the four-cylinder appealing because it uses less fuel and has a lower sticker price.

A redesigned 2007 goes on sale in the fall, but in the meantime Nissan is offering a four-cylinder Special Edition of the 2.5 S with anti-lock brakes and side-impact and side-curtain airbags. The price starts at $20,100 with the automatic transmission, and that is the model I drove. Popular options such as a power driver's seat, cargo net, automatic headlights, remote keyless entry, leather-wrapped steering wheel with... Read More