2007 Altima

2007 Nissan Altima

2007 Nissan Altima

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Nissan Altima?

Altima 2.5S Great Car

by Repeat Nissan Owner from Chicago, IL on Sun May 13 2007

Altima 2.5S - New exterior styling is great. 2.5 has enough power to get you around town, but it struggles a little if you try to really push it. Don't try to race the 3.5. CVT is great, no issues. Manumatic works, but shifts slow and only by 1K at a time, so it really doesn't serve much purpose. So far I'm getting 26 mpg around the suburbs. Of course the fuel gauge if offset so warning lights come on when you have 4-5 gallons left, not a problem, just a little annoying. New keyless entry system works well, I never take the fob out of my pocket. Still confuses valets. Interior is clean and functional. A few squeaks when you catch a big bump, otherwise fit and finish is great. Cloth seating is ok, I prefer the cloth I had in my 05 Frontier, but the seats are comfortable and driver adjusts to accomodate all drivers, I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5'6". Good cabin space 4 adults easily, 5 if you're not going too far. Trunk space is good, golf clubs fit with no issues plus other bags. Exterior looks great, wish they would have had alloy wheels on base model instead of the steelies. The new VW style wipers are nice, no freezing up in the winter anymore. Overall I'd say it is a great car for the money and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced midsize.

Look Out Camry

by Family from Plano, TX on Mon Apr 09 2007

Just bought my new Altima 2 weeks ago, and I have to say my wife and I just love it. We opted for the 2.5S mainly for the fuel economy but also to keep me out of the many speeding tickets I probably would have received with the 270hp V-6. I looked and researched cars for 6 months before deciding on the Altima. My final 3 choices were the Honda Accord, the Toyota Camry, and the Altima. After test driving all three, the choice was clear -- The Altima! It had the most power, handled the best, and the roomiest interior (front seating area). I also have to say it is the best looking of the three.(Accords are way overdue for a styling change) Another thing that impresses me is that it has the best standard stereo system I have ever heard in a new car. (I can only imagine how good the Bose system must be) I really like the plug-in for an MP-3 player. The Altima's only drawback is that ABS does not come standard in the 2.5 and I could not get it without getting a whole option package that I did not want. Other than that, so far so good. With any luck, I'll get the 225,000 miles I have got out of my 1996 Sentra. (it still runs well)

Sexy Car with Muscular Style

by New Car Shopper from Massachusets on Mon Nov 13 2006

The vehicles style is what attracted me the most. Having 270 hp which is better than every other vehicle in its segment. I did my homework and test drove all the cars in the segment and by FAR, BY FAR, the most enjoyable drive of all. Bose system speaks for itself with 9 speakers and my salesman pointed all them out to me :) XM Traffic comes standard with the Navagation package and this is the only vehicle in a non luxury class to offer it. Touch screen Navigation by the way LOVE IT! The CVT Transmission is another great selling feature going up hills and shifting with the 6speed tip-tronic with the CVT is perfect. Little to no torque steer, they really did everything right with this model. 350z inspired dash a little bit and having the same award winning VQ series engine "12 years staright on Wards 10 best engines list and only engine to do so". Overall best car i've ever owned and I have owned nearly 20+ vehicles in my life. I'm keeping this one.

This really is a great car!

by Kristopher from FL on Wed Dec 19 2007

I own a 2007 3.5SE Altima and I couln't be more pleased with it. The performance, style, features and smooth ride really make this a great car to own. Plus the push start/stop engine and button doors/trunk are awesome! I went from a V6 2003 mustang to this and was blown away. I've had my car for about 6 months so I can't really say it's reliable yet... I highly recommend this car to others.

Good car-not so comfortable...

by Vinny from Jersey City, NJ on Fri May 11 2007

Honestly, this car is one of the nicest looking on the road. The exterior and interior are excelent. On a long drive, however, the seats are not very comfortable at ALL. It would be nice if better seats with more lower back support were offered with the base model. The 4 cylinder motor sounds like a lawnmower...which is OK if this doesn't bother you. The v6 is a better drive IMO.

Love this car

by First time Nissan buyer from Near St Louis on Wed Feb 01 2012

Bought this car new in 2007, still love it. CVT took no time for me to get used to and shifts smoothly. Plenty of power in the V6. AC/Heater system works well and quickly. Heated front seats are a plus, especially loved by my wife. Sound system works great, easy to use. Trunk is quite large, with fold-down back seats for additional space when needed, a definite plus with me having a family of four. This car is primarily used in commuting, however. Wife's only complaint is that the car is so quiet when stopped, she forgets to turn it off since it's a push button on/off switch (which is just cool). Get the feeling I love driving this car? You're right! I don't just recommend this car to a friend - I recommend it to everyone. So, apparently, do four of my neighbors - without talking to each other, we all bought one.

sharp ride.

by Jason from Griffith, IN on Fri Apr 22 2011

I have to say, pleasantly surprised. This car looks great, drives great, and has plenty of power in the 270 horsepower v6. The leather interior is nice, the guage cluster is well lit and has plenty of info for you. The cvt trans takes some getting use to. Sometimes it feels like you are driving a stick and shifted to a higher gear too soon. Once you get used to how it feels and how to drive with it its really a nice ride. I am constantly speeding on the highway because its so smooth and effortless that i don't realize how fast I am driving. Bose stereo is nice. wish mine had the built in nav but its no big deal. Gas mileage is descent for a v6 and also depends how you drive like anything else. Miine is an 07 SE with Leather, Bose sat radio w/6 disc changer, Moonroof, auto dual zone climate control, bluetooth, heated seats, and many other bells and wistles. Its a really nice car. Sporty and classy. Buy it.

NISSAN NEEDS TO TAKE TRANS BACK TO DRWING BORD !

by PROBLEMS BAD !!!!!!!!!!! P V T NEEDS MORE WORK!! from location on bus to work trans on car out agine.2n on Wed Sep 18 2013

ITS NOT THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I OWNE one I will not lie to you PVT TRANS OUT 2nd one was worse than the first one only got 30k out of it out of warranty by 999 miles now i find that there is a lot of cars with the same problem .i had gone to get a new altima for my 23 year old daughter i am glad i didnt go through with it .. i am sorry i dont have a great review the car works great for about 40k then it acts up . not all but cars i wish you luck i was specific. i bet you wont enter this review i bought this car new at your request i avoid like you reqested ,

Does not recommend this car!!

Another great Nissan

by Nissan lover from Raleigh, NC on Sun Jan 23 2011

Purchased a used 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE with low miles, loaded with everything I need and want, and I love this car as much as I've loved all the Maximas and Altimas (and a G35) that I've owned.

Reliable

by London from Louisiana on Thu Mar 12 2015

This car is very reliable for the retail price; however, the transmission was replaced before the warranty expired according to the Car Fax. When I purchased the car it had 74k miles and was a one car owner. Now I have 118k miles and I have only replaced the alternator, driving belt, and the vacuum exhaust.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2007 Nissan Altima

Most car buyers don't have the luxury of purchasing a different vehicle for all the types of driving they do. While a sports car for a favorite road, a luxury sedan for a night out and a wagon for family road trips would be nice if you had the means — and a three-car garage — most shoppers don't. That's why it makes sense to look for a car that best combines all your needs and wants, however conflicting they may be. Nissan's redesigned Altima plays to this type of buyer, and it's rather successful at balancing the performance and comfort needs of enthusiast drivers who also have families to shuttle around.

Ride & Handling