2009 Altima

2009 Nissan Altima

2009 Nissan Altima

Have you driven the 2009 Nissan Altima?

Best Family Sedan For It's Value

by Owner of a 2009 Nissan Altima from Missoula, MT on Fri Jun 28 2013

My 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL is a great car for its value. I bought the car last June at a local Nissan dealership. The car had been sitting on the lot for about three months and the dealers gave me a sweet deal on the car. My Alitma is a sandstone beige exterior color with a beige leather interior. The interior is well done, comfortable, and contains a great safety system of eight airbags, eight speakers, multiple-HUD screen views, great warning systems, and it is very spacious. The exterior of my car is sleek and looks elegant from afar. The tail lights of this car is my favorite feature of the car. My altima has six-spoked 17 inch allow wheels, a sunroof, and dual exhausts. My altima did not come with fog lights, turning signals on the mirrors, or a spoiler but those are cosmetic and if you did have those options on this car it would make this car stand out even more. So far I have put on 15,000 miles as I do a lot of traveling for my job and to commute from Western Montana back to Eastern Montana for school. I have determined my car to get around 29/30 miles per gallon. The fuel tank in this car is quite large and the fuel economy aids in helping get this car 500 miles plus on just one tank. The wheels are well made. However the car is very low to the ground and is made of very light material, so If you hit some wildlife it could cause significant damage to this car. The car is almost noiseless on the highway and the shock absorbers absorb even the worst bumps. Like I said before, the car is a great car for its value. Alitmas make great gas mileage, are a smooth ride and the standard features are great.

2009 Nissan Altima Owner

by Nick from Indiana on Tue Oct 18 2016

I have had this car for about 3 years now and until recently it has been great. Just look up electronic steering lock failure in this model year and you will see the onslaught of complaints against nissan about not covering or extending a recall or even warrenty on this issue. Great car, its nice and fun to drive for the money but for the love of god pull the fuse to the electronic steering lock before you have the same problem i did.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car, especially for the money

by College Student from DFW, Texas on Fri Nov 05 2010

Great car, has some "get n go" to it although its not horribly fast off the line it picks up once you gain just a little bit of speed. Really fun to drive, good sounding and feels good. Although if you get the HID Xenon lights, they are amazing but make sure you do not break them. As I have done, being a college student spending allot of money on one headlight without installation is pretty steep. But none the less, I would highly recommend this car.

Love my Altima

by HeidiI from Atlanta, GA on Tue Feb 14 2012

I didn't have Nissan on my Radar - but when my cute lil Ford Focus was totalled I was given an Altima for a rental and while I was test driving a Hyundai Elantra I realized how much more I like my rental car! So I then and there decided to get an Altima. I bought a beautiful 2009 SL with Leather, Heated Seats, 6 CD Bose Stereo, MoonRoof with 34,000 miles for a price I can afford and even though I now have car payments, I have a great ride and with Nissan's dependablility. I even still has some warranty left on it !! Consumer Reports also rates it very highly. All in all I am very pleased with the Altima - it is a very nice ride and the 2.5 4 cylinder handles the GA hills just fine. This is my first Japanese car and I have to say I'm very pleased.

Altima? great car

by Cuda Man 1970 from Bullhead City, AZ on Mon Jan 17 2011

We traded ou Isusu Rodeo in, but we got the clunker value forit. we choose an Altima for the looks and affordability. WE found out the car was execellent in all areas. We got lucky!

Very good decision!

by msa1952 from St. Louis Missouri on Mon Nov 29 2010

I purchased an Altima, and it is a nearly perfect vehicle. Very comfortable, and good looking interior. Liked it so much, I went back to where I bought it, and purchased a 2009 Rogue as well! Hooray for Nissan!!

Engineer

by V.better from Team Nissan on Sun Jun 28 2009

I Like Nissan Altima a lot this car is better car for people have big family and kid, and reliable, price is good for mid side car.I would buy this Vehicle again in the future.

Not quite my Accord, but close

by Dingo from South Windsor, CT on Thu Apr 14 2011

Overall, I love the car. Acceleration is smooth and quick, braking is safe and reliable. Controls are easy to read. I love the looks of the car, but that's a personal preference, obviously. The front seats could use more support, esp and the front edge of the cushion..I feel as if I'm sliding downwards sometimes (don't know if power seats w/b better). Love the electronic start feature. Lots of room up front. Only downsides are the typical Nissan stiff-as- a board ride, and the also typical Nissan sqeaks, which mysteriously disappear whenever I bring the car to the dealer to be looked at...

Most well rounded car

by Girl20 from Scottsdale, Arizona on Sat Jul 27 2013

It's a beautiful car and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! it has that sport feel and look with a comfortable interior. With the cvt engine the car has a smooth yet quick speed drive. It's definitely a "cool" car with a unique sleek look. I've got a lo of comments on the car being brand and new and of the latest version even though it is a 2009. It has a timeless design all around.

Excellent Value

by MrChet from Howell, MI on Mon Jul 06 2009

Absolutely love the 25SL. Heated leather seats are a must in Michigan and other cold states. Nissan's quality has taken a quantum leap forward and the Altima is head and shoulders above the competition. Nice ride, smooth acceleration, excellent handling.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan Altima

You know those days as a mom that are so mundane it makes you want to rip your hair out just for the fun of it? That's what my two-and-a-half weeks in the 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S were like. It's not that there's anything inherently wrong with the Altima; it's functional and looks fine, but it's got no game. As a single mom, I'm definitely lacking in the game department, and I'd like to shag a little of it from time to time.

The Altima's ride quality was good, but I was so annoyed by the continuously variable automatic transmission that I hardly noticed the ride. The CVT is a definitely a sore topic for me. A CVT is a transmission that changes smoothly through an infinite number of gear ratios without... Read More