1998 Nissan Frontier consumer reviews

$11,990 starting MSRP
side view of 1998 Frontier Nissan
Explore the 1998 Nissan Frontier

First car I ever owned now selling. Garaged

Great little truck had great time using for delivers. Going to Ft. WORTH to visit friends and help w my truck when there. Lots of good comments.

4.0

This Car was handled by only one person

This car was regularly maintained and taking care off. Most of the miles on it were Highway. For the times we own this car there were no major repairs besides oil, transmission, brakes and tire changes.

Most reliable car ive ever owned

Most reliable car ive ever had has 380k miles and still runs great no major issues just minor wear and tear fixes. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

4.0

It?s been a good truck.

The only real problem has been that all first generation frontiers have the instrument cluster go out. No factory or aftermarket replacements available. And junkyard ones are made of unobtanium. Fortunately there are place online that repair them for about $100.

200,000 miles and hoping to add LOTS more.

Traded in a 88 Jeep for this gem, way back when and had to pay for it at a parking lot sale, my goof. 2 wd, 5 speed SE. Has 200,000 miles and hoping for more. The dash electric messed up about 190,000. We have been back and forth to Colorado and Iowa several times from CA. Needs body work, again some my fault, some salt on icy roads. Too many rattles, but fixable. I like it in all ways, certainly handles all I need as a single lady.

Best little truck I've ever owned.

I bought my 98 truck used in 2000 with 18,000 miles on it It now has 149,800 miles. It's a 5 speed 4wd, extra cab. I pulled it 4 wheels down behind a motor home for 40,000 miles with no problems. Only mechanical problem so far has been to replace the exhaust manifold/header at 47,923 miles and the alternator right at 149,000 miles. 3 Grandchildren have filled the bed with all needed supplies and driven across country to the College of their choice. I now use the truck as my ranch truck where the 4 wheel drive is handy and the trucks ability to haul a bed full of rock up and down hills easily. Wash and a little wax and it shows as new. Other then normal maintenance this truck is tough. My next truck will be a Nissan.

3.6

Perfect little truck

I had a great time driving this truck. Also my buying experience at Dwayne Lanes North Cascade Ford from Shane Steward and the whole sales team made it very comfortable and exciting.

Good Dependable truck.

I bought this truck with 130,000 milles on it. Mines a regular cab with a standard tranny. Had no problems at all. Only changed oil, radiator fluid and power stearing fluid since. All recomended servics.

Awesome little truck

Bought this truck new in 1998, 4 cyl, 5 speed, ext. cab, just turned 331K miles, original clutch went to 280K, new timming chain at 300K, still running strong and getting 23mpg.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned (I'm not kidding)

I bought the vehicle five years ago when it had 68000 miles. Now it has 167000 and I haven't had any problems. So far I change the factory battery, oil changes, and spark plugs. That's it! Great truck.