2000 Nissan Frontier

Rick chiasson

by from Lousiana on August 26, 2017

This truck is poor performance v6 engine but very weak. Doesn't feel like a truck it feels lik a weak toy

Can't stop the silver burro!

by from Florida on July 12, 2017

I purchased my manual 5 speed 2.4L in August of 2000..... about 17 years and over 200K later she's still rollin strong. It's a 4 banger as at the time of purchase I had a 40 mile commute to work, and that was before I knew about the legendary status of the KAE24. I test drove all the "small" trucks and this felt like the best bang for the buck. It's been used and abused and done things a 4 Cylinder prob wasnt meant to. (Used as a work truck, towed a 17' boat, etc) It's been hit a few times (3 times in a parking lot, and once stopped at a traffic light) and takes a lickin.... it has some rust, but after 17 years of living by the beach and loading it up with salty surfboards and fishing gear, that's to be expected I guess Since I've owned it, outside of basic maintenance I've just replaced the front brakes, alternator and crankshaft pulley (harmonic balancer) and was able to do all that myself. AC is currently not working, but I think that was from me not running it for awhile. My friends laugh as they know I've become attached to a beatup little 4 banger truck (they've all had multiple cars since Ive purchased this one) but you can't stop my lil burro! Just changed the plugs and it'll still chirp tires in 2nd gear :-) I'd say I've gotten my $$ worth and my next truck will be another Nissan (a v6 for towing purposes) .... I just hope it rivals the dependability of this one, and that's why I havent pulled the trigger yet

Solid truck

by from Largo, Florida on July 12, 2017

This truck can take anything you throw at it I have taken this truck to the softest of sand and have pulled bigger trucks out.

Great little trucks

by from Ooltewah, TN on May 29, 2017

Solid, dependable vehicle. Nissan knocked it out of the park with this 2.4L 4-cylinder engine and transmission combo in this generation.

Good vehicle

by from Tennessee on December 7, 2015

Just bought this vehicle for a second vehicle for the family Wife has driven it & likes the way it drives I bought this truck to use for hauling projects & family have 4 granddaughters Take one to school each morning

Rochester NY winters

by from canandaigua ny on October 18, 2015

I bought this truck 3 years ago.6 cyl 5 speed.with 99,000 miles.It now has 220,000 as my job is to travel to farms in the rochester ny winters.It has never let me down.Will drive until it gives up.will buy another Nissan truck.

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE

by from Carrollton, TX on September 17, 2015

I bought this 2000 Nissan Crew Cab truck new, in 1999 when it 1st came out. I still have this truck which has never failed me. It has given me no problems, except for the regular maintenance from wear and tear. I think this is one of the best trucks out in the market for the occasional weekend project person. I get 19 miles/gallon on the highway and its more than I can ask for, from this truck. No rattles, no rust. The only issue is the front grill which is chrome plated plastic would bubble and flake off. I have driven to Florida from Texas and the ride is comfortable based on a small truck. I would definitely recommend this truck. Rear leg room is adequate. But then I never traveled long distance in the truck sitting in the back seat.

One of the Best Trucks

by from Miami, FL on July 9, 2015

Out of all Pickups I've owned the 2000 NIssan Pickup seems to be the Best. Reliable and Affordable, its a must have.

Going on 292,000 miles

by from Northern California on August 21, 2014

What a great truck. I bought it new in 1999 and have driven it almost 300,000 miles. It tows my boat and gets me to work every day. It ranks at the top of vehicles that I have owned. Very reliable, stylish and useful. I have 2 other cars now, but I can not bring myself to part with this old friend.

Best vehicle I'll ever own.

by from Nashville on December 31, 2013

2000 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab 14 years. 200k. Never failed to do what I needed. Towed total weight (incl loaded truck) of 10,000 lbs through the Appalachians, no problem. In 14 years, never put me afoot. Not once. This truck is all weather, all terrain, all the time. Recently went from daily driver to weekend warrior (got an AWD Nissan Juke. What a blast to drive!). Realistic mileage is 17mpg. You won't find a more dependable truck.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Nissan Frontier