2000 Frontier

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Extremely Reliable

by 59Caddy from Atchison, KS on September 7, 2006

2000 model purchased new 11/2000 with 4cyl, 2WD, 5 speed, loaded. Currently has over 255,000 miles, only repair other than two sets of front brakes, one battery, third set of tires, has been an oxygen sensor ($180). Total exhaust system, rear brakes original, but will replace brakes shortly. Have attained over 30mpg on interstate at 65-70mph many times, but normally avg 26-28.5 mpg. Truck is a daily commute vehicle, 90 miles round trip, always starts on cold KS mornings, excellent A/C, good ride on highway. Could use more horsepower, but overall, very satisfied with vehicle. Paint (red) is still excellent shape, no fading, no rust, but do keep it clean and I wax vehicle 4-6 times a years. Not the best looker if style is important, but the dependability and quality shines well beyond many of those 'lookers'.

107,500+Miles and still strong

by Rafi2801 from Philadelphia, PA on September 30, 2008

this has been a great truck, it was a new purchase. I have replaced the front brakes 2 times and the rear once. I had to replace one a/c hose and have replaced the tires twice. The total repairs have run just under $600.00 not bad for what is now an 8 year old truck. The interior and exterior have held up very well. I plan on keeping this truck for many more years my mpg has been about 19. I have also used it to pull a trailer and it has handled well. I will be replacing the timing belt as recommended soon. My truck is a 2000 4x4 crew cab 6cyl automatic xe. this is my 5th vehicle and the best.

Nissan Frontier Crew cab, WOW!

by pickup nut from Conncord, NH on March 16, 2011

I purchased a 2000 frontier crew cab in northern CA in the fall of 1999. I have driven this truck everyday for the last 11 and 1/2 years. I drove this truck back and forth accross the USA from New Hampshire to California many tiimes and from New Hampshire to Florida on a few occassions. It is undoubtedly by far the best investment in a vehicle I have ever made. I am still the proud owner with 277,050 miles and running like a top. At the time of purchase, I complained about the $17,350.00 price tag, funny huh? Test drive one, you'll be bitten and will succumb to it's handling, economy, and excellent performance. For Real!!!

Good Value

by DallasFrontier from Dallas on January 14, 2011

I'm on my second 2000 year model Frontier (both 5 speed manual tranny's) and both have over 100k miles. The first truck was totalled after an accident. The motor on these trucks is bullet proof - very solid and good performance with good mileage for a 4 cylinder. I had to replace the front shocks on both trucks around 100k miles. Otherwise, this truck is a great value. I would upgrade to a newer model, but I don't like the new interior upholstry on the 2005 and newer models.

Going on 292,000 miles

by Plumjerk from Northern California on August 21, 2014

What a great truck. I bought it new in 1999 and have driven it almost 300,000 miles. It tows my boat and gets me to work every day. It ranks at the top of vehicles that I have owned. Very reliable, stylish and useful. I have 2 other cars now, but I can not bring myself to part with this old friend.

Awesome,Fun, Relaible, Friend!

by Skinny from Raleigh, NC on March 7, 2008

This truck is my best friend! Rain,snow, heat, long trips, short trips! It does it all with heart and soul! no breakdowns or trouble issues with mine!

Best vehicle I ever owned.

by Lancer from Albuquerque, NM on October 8, 2010

I've enjoyed the Nissan Frontier; it's dependable, never has had any major problems. I'm buying a newer one, so I'm selling this one. The only down side has been the power and gas mileage.

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE

by KV from Carrollton, TX on September 17, 2015

I bought this 2000 Nissan Crew Cab truck new, in 1999 when it 1st came out. I still have this truck which has never failed me. It has given me no problems, except for the regular maintenance from wear and tear. I think this is one of the best trucks out in the market for the occasional weekend project person. I get 19 miles/gallon on the highway and its more than I can ask for, from this truck. No rattles, no rust. The only issue is the front grill which is chrome plated plastic would bubble and flake off. I have driven to Florida from Texas and the ride is comfortable based on a small truck. I would definitely recommend this truck. Rear leg room is adequate. But then I never traveled long distance in the truck sitting in the back seat.

Best vehicle I'll ever own.

by All Nissan Owner from Nashville on December 31, 2013

2000 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab 14 years. 200k. Never failed to do what I needed. Towed total weight (incl loaded truck) of 10,000 lbs through the Appalachians, no problem. In 14 years, never put me afoot. Not once. This truck is all weather, all terrain, all the time. Recently went from daily driver to weekend warrior (got an AWD Nissan Juke. What a blast to drive!). Realistic mileage is 17mpg. You won't find a more dependable truck.

One of the Best Trucks

by Looking for Pickup from Miami, FL on July 9, 2015

Out of all Pickups I've owned the 2000 NIssan Pickup seems to be the Best. Reliable and Affordable, its a must have.

1 2