2000 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Frontier
Average based on 16 reviews

107,500+Miles and still strong

by from Philadelphia, PA on September 30, 2008

this has been a great truck, it was a new purchase. I have replaced the front brakes 2 times and the rear once. I had to replace one a/c hose and have replaced the tires twice. The total repairs have run just under $600.00 not bad for what is now an 8 year old truck. The interior and exterior have held up very well. I plan on keeping this truck for many more years my mpg has been about 19. I have also used it to pull a trailer and it has handled well. I will be replacing the timing belt as recommended soon. My truck is a 2000 4x4 crew cab 6cyl automatic xe. this is my 5th vehicle and the best.

Extremely Reliable

by from Atchison, KS on September 7, 2006

2000 model purchased new 11/2000 with 4cyl, 2WD, 5 speed, loaded. Currently has over 255,000 miles, only repair other than two sets of front brakes, one battery, third set of tires, has been an oxygen sensor ($180). Total exhaust system, rear brakes original, but will replace brakes shortly. Have attained over 30mpg on interstate at 65-70mph many times, but normally avg 26-28.5 mpg. Truck is a daily commute vehicle, 90 miles round trip, always starts on cold KS mornings, excellent A/C, good ride on highway. Could use more horsepower, but overall, very satisfied with vehicle. Paint (red) is still excellent shape, no fading, no rust, but do keep it clean and I wax vehicle 4-6 times a years. Not the best looker if style is important, but the dependability and quality shines well beyond many of those 'lookers'.

THIS TRUCK IS GREAT

by from on September 22, 2011

just recently got rid of my truck and hated to.i've had this truck since dec.1999. i promised myself a new vechicle when i reached the 200,000 mile mark. when nissan built this truck they didn't want anyone to get another. everything is great about this truck nothing bad to say.

Nissan Frontier Crew cab, WOW!

by from Conncord, NH on March 16, 2011

I purchased a 2000 frontier crew cab in northern CA in the fall of 1999. I have driven this truck everyday for the last 11 and 1/2 years. I drove this truck back and forth accross the USA from New Hampshire to California many tiimes and from New Hampshire to Florida on a few occassions. It is undoubtedly by far the best investment in a vehicle I have ever made. I am still the proud owner with 277,050 miles and running like a top. At the time of purchase, I complained about the $17,350.00 price tag, funny huh? Test drive one, you'll be bitten and will succumb to it's handling, economy, and excellent performance. For Real!!!

Best vehicle I ever owned.

by from Albuquerque, NM on October 8, 2010

I've enjoyed the Nissan Frontier; it's dependable, never has had any major problems. I'm buying a newer one, so I'm selling this one. The only down side has been the power and gas mileage.

Good Value

by from Dallas on January 14, 2011

I'm on my second 2000 year model Frontier (both 5 speed manual tranny's) and both have over 100k miles. The first truck was totalled after an accident. The motor on these trucks is bullet proof - very solid and good performance with good mileage for a 4 cylinder. I had to replace the front shocks on both trucks around 100k miles. Otherwise, this truck is a great value. I would upgrade to a newer model, but I don't like the new interior upholstry on the 2005 and newer models.

Awesome,Fun, Relaible, Friend!

by from Raleigh, NC on March 7, 2008

This truck is my best friend! Rain,snow, heat, long trips, short trips! It does it all with heart and soul! no breakdowns or trouble issues with mine!

Nissan Frontier 4x4 SE Crewcab

by from New Orleans on July 2, 2006

I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. These trucks are reliable and powerful and a great buy for your money.

Going on 292,000 miles

by from Northern California on August 21, 2014

What a great truck. I bought it new in 1999 and have driven it almost 300,000 miles. It tows my boat and gets me to work every day. It ranks at the top of vehicles that I have owned. Very reliable, stylish and useful. I have 2 other cars now, but I can not bring myself to part with this old friend.

Good vehicle

by from Tennessee on December 7, 2015

Just bought this vehicle for a second vehicle for the family Wife has driven it & likes the way it drives I bought this truck to use for hauling projects & family have 4 granddaughters Take one to school each morning