2000 Frontier

2000 Nissan Frontier

2000 Nissan Frontier

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 Nissan Frontier?

Nissan Frontier Crew cab, WOW!

by pickup nut from Conncord, NH on Wed Mar 16 2011

I purchased a 2000 frontier crew cab in northern CA in the fall of 1999. I have driven this truck everyday for the last 11 and 1/2 years. I drove this truck back and forth accross the USA from New Hampshire to California many tiimes and from New Hampshire to Florida on a few occassions. It is undoubtedly by far the best investment in a vehicle I have ever made. I am still the proud owner with 277,050 miles and running like a top. At the time of purchase, I complained about the $17,350.00 price tag, funny huh? Test drive one, you'll be bitten and will succumb to it's handling, economy, and excellent performance. For Real!!!

Good Value

by DallasFrontier from Dallas on Fri Jan 14 2011

I'm on my second 2000 year model Frontier (both 5 speed manual tranny's) and both have over 100k miles. The first truck was totalled after an accident. The motor on these trucks is bullet proof - very solid and good performance with good mileage for a 4 cylinder. I had to replace the front shocks on both trucks around 100k miles. Otherwise, this truck is a great value. I would upgrade to a newer model, but I don't like the new interior upholstry on the 2005 and newer models.

Going on 292,000 miles

by Plumjerk from Northern California on Thu Aug 21 2014

What a great truck. I bought it new in 1999 and have driven it almost 300,000 miles. It tows my boat and gets me to work every day. It ranks at the top of vehicles that I have owned. Very reliable, stylish and useful. I have 2 other cars now, but I can not bring myself to part with this old friend.

Best vehicle I'll ever own.

by All Nissan Owner from Nashville on Tue Dec 31 2013

2000 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab 14 years. 200k. Never failed to do what I needed. Towed total weight (incl loaded truck) of 10,000 lbs through the Appalachians, no problem. In 14 years, never put me afoot. Not once. This truck is all weather, all terrain, all the time. Recently went from daily driver to weekend warrior (got an AWD Nissan Juke. What a blast to drive!). Realistic mileage is 17mpg. You won't find a more dependable truck.

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE

by KV from Carrollton, TX on Thu Sep 17 2015

I bought this 2000 Nissan Crew Cab truck new, in 1999 when it 1st came out. I still have this truck which has never failed me. It has given me no problems, except for the regular maintenance from wear and tear. I think this is one of the best trucks out in the market for the occasional weekend project person. I get 19 miles/gallon on the highway and its more than I can ask for, from this truck. No rattles, no rust. The only issue is the front grill which is chrome plated plastic would bubble and flake off. I have driven to Florida from Texas and the ride is comfortable based on a small truck. I would definitely recommend this truck. Rear leg room is adequate. But then I never traveled long distance in the truck sitting in the back seat.

Awesome,Fun, Relaible, Friend!

by Skinny from Raleigh, NC on Fri Mar 07 2008

This truck is my best friend! Rain,snow, heat, long trips, short trips! It does it all with heart and soul! no breakdowns or trouble issues with mine!

Best vehicle I ever owned.

by Lancer from Albuquerque, NM on Fri Oct 08 2010

I've enjoyed the Nissan Frontier; it's dependable, never has had any major problems. I'm buying a newer one, so I'm selling this one. The only down side has been the power and gas mileage.

Great little trucks

by sgtwebb1 from Ooltewah, TN on Mon May 29 2017

Solid, dependable vehicle. Nissan knocked it out of the park with this 2.4L 4-cylinder engine and transmission combo in this generation.

Rochester NY winters

by besttruck from canandaigua ny on Sun Oct 18 2015

I bought this truck 3 years ago.6 cyl 5 speed.with 99,000 miles.It now has 220,000 as my job is to travel to farms in the rochester ny winters.It has never let me down.Will drive until it gives up.will buy another Nissan truck.

Extremely Reliable

by 59Caddy from Atchison, KS on Thu Sep 07 2006

2000 model purchased new 11/2000 with 4cyl, 2WD, 5 speed, loaded. Currently has over 255,000 miles, only repair other than two sets of front brakes, one battery, third set of tires, has been an oxygen sensor ($180). Total exhaust system, rear brakes original, but will replace brakes shortly. Have attained over 30mpg on interstate at 65-70mph many times, but normally avg 26-28.5 mpg. Truck is a daily commute vehicle, 90 miles round trip, always starts on cold KS mornings, excellent A/C, good ride on highway. Could use more horsepower, but overall, very satisfied with vehicle. Paint (red) is still excellent shape, no fading, no rust, but do keep it clean and I wax vehicle 4-6 times a years. Not the best looker if style is important, but the dependability and quality shines well beyond many of those 'lookers'.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Nissan Frontier

For several years, consumers in Thailand, Brazil and certain other overseas markets have been able to purchase and drive a vehicle never sold in the United States - a compact pickup truck with a full four-door cabin. Never sold, that is, until Nissan recently unveiled its 2000 Frontier Crew Cab. Until now, other manufacturers - notably Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. - have offered so-called rear access doors on selected models. But the Frontier is the first compact truck in the United States to feature four full-size forward-hinged doors.

And that's about the best compliment we can pay to a truck which otherwise is strictly middle-of-the-road.

He: There's just not much to set the Frontier... Read More