2003 Frontier

2003 Nissan Frontier

2003 Nissan Frontier

Have You Driven the 2003 Nissan Frontier?

best of the 03 mid-size trucks

by BrettLMT from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Sat Sep 05 2009

I looked at all the '03 mid-size crew cab pick-ups before purchasing my fully loaded, super charged V6, crew cab, long bed Frontier. It had the best available power other than the gas guzzling, un-reliable Dodge Dakota V8. It also cost a few thousand less than a comparably equipped Toyota Tacoma. I use it for my daily commute and have used it as a work pony many times hauling furniture, lumber, tile, plants, etc. In 6 years the only problems were the original equipment tires were junk so I installed different tires, and the bearings in the super-charger went out. Nissan covered the supercharger under the warranty and fixed it in less than a day. No other problems. Gas mileage is OK

Hanging on to my Nissan

by CC in the pines from NC on Mon Apr 09 2018

Got my 2003 frontier with 20,000 miles on her and she's about 180,000 now. Never any problems but general maintenance. Always have oil, filter, and the basics done. She still has same get up and go as when I got her. Has never broke down on me, but has had tire rod replaced and last yr replaced mass air flow sensor. Those were the only two major things in all the yrs of having this truck and both repairs were in last two yrs. She is a fine truck.

Great Truck for the money!

by NissanDood from on Tue Feb 28 2017

Great truck for the money, good gas mileage, comfy, sporty rugged look, maintenance was a breeze, would really have liked the V6 4wd instead, V4 2wd power left something to be desired

One of the best trucks around

by CarGuy63 from Claremore, Ok on Sat May 13 2017

I have had this truck for several years, and I would recommend this mid-size truck to anyone who is looking for such.

Hate to let it go

by Glenn from Newport News, VA on Sun Aug 27 2006

I had never owned an import before . I traded in my Dodge Dakota for the Frontier 3 years ago and had planned on keeping this truck for a long time. But divorce forced me to restructure a lot of my finances, forcing to me to give it up as much as I want to keep it. It is very comfortable to drive and all the controls are within easy reach. The cruise and sudio controls on the steering wheel really make it a dream to drive. It's never given me a minute of trouble. It drives great and looks even better.

Good Truck

by 719Frontier719 from Colorado Springs, CO on Fri Feb 25 2011

I purchased my Frontier used with 62,000 miles on it in 2008. I have the crew cab se model and I love the truck very much, but I'll try to be subjective in my review. It is pretty comfortable for the driver and front passenger, but hauling passengers is sometimes difficult. The rear seats do not have much leg room and it is often necessary to move the front seats pretty far up when passengers are in the back. The model I purchased is not supercharged, and lets me know that every time I have to merge on the freeway or go up a hill. I live in the foothills and going up steep hills makes the engine rev quite high--and kills gas mileage! But once you get it up to cruising speed, it seems to do well. For being a rear wheel drive 2x4, it does surprisingly well in the snow with the proper tires. I have been very impressed with this quality. The exterior styling is basically why I purchased the truck-It gives a rugged look and the combination of the fender flares, roof rack and tailgate design are very easy on the eyes. The interior is like that of a typical base model vehicle. It has audio controls on the steering wheel which is very handy, but I replaced the stereo with a touch screen screen which serves me and my passengers well. The controls are easy to manipulate and are simple which is good. It has a temperature guage and digital compas as well. As of overall value, I gave it a four just because it sometimes doesn't meet all of my needs, but this will certainly vary by location. In a place with less hills, and not excessive snow, I would rate it higher. This truck has never let me down or had any mechanical component fail. I drive it daily and nothing has failed on me minus a battery. Since I have owned it, all that has been needed is new pads and rotors and an idler arm and oil changes. Very low cost of maintenance.

Second Nissan Truck

by Truck Owner from Goodyear on Sun May 17 2009

This was my second Nissan Pickup. I have owned 2 for the past 21 years. The first lasted 15 years and had over 115k and I sold for a good price. Economic Times is forcing me to sell my second after only 6 years ownership. Always have been a good work truck.

bumper on truck is rusting

by Bill from massachusettes on Mon Apr 07 2008

The bumper on my Nissan started to rust after only being two year old. After four years the rust is all over the bumper. This must have been caused when being manufactured. Called Nissan to fix because it was still within the five year rust warranty. I spoke with the northeast regional supervisor for claims and she basically told me to bad. Not covered. There has to be a hole in the bumper for it to be covered.

Does not recommend this car!!

awesome truck.

by nd.03 from boston, MA on Wed Oct 04 2017

great for beach days and transporting leaves. The back seat is very small but gets what needs to be done, done. Awesome vehicle.

Toyota tacoma

by Thomas8244 from MERIDIAN MS on Fri Oct 19 2018

It is dependable. The ride is comfortable and has not given me any trouble. Style of the truck is nice. There is plenty of room in the back for passengers.

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Nissan Frontier

Frontier. The term conjures an image of the outer limits of man's knowledge. In the case of the supercharged Nissan Frontier, it describes a place (niche market?) other manufacturers haven't explored, which probably is a good thing. But we travel to that place today to drive the 2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 SCV6 pickup, a vehicle that pushes the boundaries of what we expect in a small pickup truck, but, in the end, leaves you wondering why it was built in the first place.

It wasn't all that long ago that a small pickup fit a far different niche. Inexpensive to buy, inexpensive to own. Not particularly powerful, but able to lug a decent-sized load.

The Frontier we tested was none of the above: It... Read More