2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

3.8
Average based on 17 reviews

My 7th Nissan

by from Wyoming and Utah on October 5, 2010

Supercharged V-6 crew cab with long bed. No repairs, just regular maintenance. Use Mobil1 and follow owner's manual on 30-second warm-up before driving. Very smooth ride on good roads, and never gets jiggly like the Ford Ranger does. Steady and secure, whether navigating through a blizzard or blasting down a deserted highway at 100 mph. Nimble and quick in traffic, but has a wide turning circle (you can expect to do 3-point turns often). Mileage at 75mph is a dismal 16, but keeping the speed down to 60 gets me 20 mpg.

Good starter out vehicle.

by from Alamo, Nv on November 10, 2011

So I have had my 2004 nissan fronter xe for a couple weeks now. I had bought it used with it having 65,000 miles on it and it still runs like a charm! Nissan has always been a reliable vehicle within my family, my dad use to drive them alot ( vehicles always got between 240,000-300,000 miles on them before dying)and then he started buying dodge and vehicles like that for work but unfortunately on the dodges the dashes and all that fall apart on them. so for my first vehicle he suggested I get a nissan. with Nissan they seem to do everything in good quality. My real only con about the vehicle is 1st gear is too high, if your driving around the city that is fine but when you live in small towns and are hauling stuff it is wasier to driver a vehicle with lower gears. The interior and all that is also good and have comfortable seats, another reason we prefer the nissan to toyotas.... more comfortable haha!

great truck

by from tampa on February 27, 2012

Useful truck, which was needed for going to work and transporting and storing large items. Will come in handy for all uses!

2004 Frontier best car I ever owned.

by from Houston, Austin, Texas area on July 8, 2011

I bought this truck new in 2004. since then I have put over 123,000 miles on it and NEVER had a major problem with it. My only complaint is the gas mileage which averages about 16 - 21 for me. other then that it has been a work horse for me and very reliable. It was a great deal for the money. I would buy another one today and may do so soon just to update.

get frontier now

by from cathedral on January 20, 2010

its like a bull, good on gas, i had this truck used but its like new, I just like toyota or nissan are the best

Reliable, but underpowered

by from Cincinnati, OH on March 23, 2007

Good drive, but needs more horses under the hood though. As far as reliability goes though, I have not had any problems with the one that i purchased. The Two wheel drive model does not do a whole lot in the snow. It has a hard time speeding up and turning (like most rwd cars or trucks). The ka24de is a good and strong motor that will last a life time...........................................

BUYFRONTIER

by from Maryland on January 12, 2010

Great Truck. Bought it brand new. Driven it for 5 years and havent had a problem. The SE version is no good, but the XE Crew Cab ROCKS! They changed the body style in 2005, I love my 2004!

very reliable

by from idaho on September 20, 2006

I have 79000 miles now and it is still going strong. very good truck i would definately buy again. this is my 5th truck and first nissan it is buy far the best. excellent off road vehicle with lift...

Bought this Truck

by from phoenix, az on November 13, 2008

Its my third Nissan and i am very pleased with it. Some times we get a bad apple, glad i picked a good one. A happy Arizona native.

Very dependable

by from Frankfurt, Germany on June 18, 2007

I have been driving mine for 3 years now and have had no problems except for minor wear and tear. Will continue buying Nissans.