2005 Frontier

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

best truck iv ever owned

by off roader from ilion new york on May 10, 2009

i bought this truck for around 15000 which was under book and it had some problems but it was all covered under warranty. After it got fixed is when the truck started to show its true self.It handles like a car which is one of the best things iv noticed.iv pulled trails on long hauls the truck never showed sign of any struggle.iv taken this truck off road and the only time i got stuck was when i was up over the bumpers and i have just street tires.For the money and how reliable the truck is you cant beat it. great truck over all just wish the interior had more comfort.I would buy an other one any day of the week

Where to start...

by Dbrink62 from Wisconsin on January 11, 2014

This was the truck of my dreams 2 years ago. I purchased my 2005 nismo used with 95,000 miles. I didn't think twice about the miles because it's a Nissan, all Nissans are dependable, right? Wrong. Problem after problem right after my 3 month warranty ended. First , the fuel sender went bad, costly repair not covered by a very similar recall. Random low tire pressure warning light, even when tires were fine. THE BIGGEST HEARTBREAK, coolant mixing with the engine oil! People read the reviews, I was so infatuated with this truck, and didn't care what other people said. I had to replace the transmission and engine cooler, and thought everything was fine. Except for last month when I was driving at about 50 mph and the engine started to stutter. I knew something was wrong so I took it to my mechanic. He couldn't find anything wrong, but I knew something was wrong. Took it to another engine and transmission shop, oddly they couldn't find anything wrong. Traded the vehicle in 2 weeks ago and leased a 2013 Rav4. The dealer is a family friend and bought my truck for what was owed on it. Talked to him yesterday and they found about $3,000 worth of work that needed to be done to the transmission, so they wholesaled it! Sad ending to what I thought was an awesome truck! Don't buy this, Nissan won't back it up

Does not recommend this car!!

Very Reliable Truck, Third Nissan Truck for me!

by Andontimetoo from Atlanta, GA on March 12, 2009

This is the third Nissan Truck that I have owned and each have been an improvement over the last model. The V-6 is strong and great for towing. You shouldn't hesitate to buy this truck if you want a midsized truck with great options.

Best vehicle I've owned, still get compliments

by Valentine from Nashville on October 30, 2009

I bought my 05 king cab brand new and have never wanted for more. I have taken it across the USA and it still runs and looks as good as the day I pulled it off the factory floor. I've towed water toys, taken it offroad, it never flinched. awesome midsize, good gas mileage still get compliments on what a sweet truck this is. Wish I could afford to keep it :(

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best car I've owned

by Long time truck owner from San diego, CA on May 12, 2008

This is the best truck I have ever owned. All I need to do is change the oil and that's it and after almost 50,000 miles the engines still sounds like new. I just noticed that I will need to change the brakes soon this is after almost 3 years of owing the car, that great!!

Problem after problem.

by former owner from kentucky on November 8, 2016

I bought my crew cab 4x4 NISMO with 81000 miles on it. Shortly after that I had to replace the rear brakes and U joints for the front drive shaft. The rest of my problems seemed to be common as I looked them up on forums. Fuel sending unit stopped working, fresh air inlet duct motor clacking when ignition is turned on. TPMS light, check engine light was a fuel emissions issue. The winow switch for driver side rear window worked some time, and warped front rotars. The final issue for me was the transmission going out. The shop that replaced mine said the problem is the line pressure coming out of the transmission is too high and ruptures the radiator. They used a trans that had a pressure limiting valve and said that it was a proper fix. I just got tired of working on it all the time and pouring money into it.

Great Truck

by ATL GUY from Atlanta, GA on November 22, 2013

I bought my 05 Frontier Nismo in 2010 and have had very few problems. I got it with a little over 89,000 miles and it is at 112,000 now. It has been on long trips, as well as daily driving to work. Besides an issue with my driver's side window, there has just been normal maintenance. For a truck with as much acceleration as it has, the gas mileage is not too bad, and definitely not bad on the highway. The tie down capabilities in the truck bed are great additions as well. Ample seating space, and a great updated feel in the inside. All of the issues concerning overheating from other owners, I have had no problem with at all! Nor with any transmission problems.in the truck. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a truck that is not full size. Especially the frontier having 4 doors.

Excellent light duty truck with room for big dogs

by Steve from Hill Country of Texas on December 27, 2015

Driven truck for 10 years with no problems. Gets around 18.5 mpg in the hill country of Texas. Powerful engine moves heavy loads with ease. Six foot bed with bed liner tracks makes tie down of loads easy.

Rad/trans

by unlucky owner from Boston on January 4, 2015

Bought my 2005 frontier w/50k on it Had to replace radiator and trans TWICE!!! once at 72k(covered by extended warrantee.Next at 96k.Cost me $3000.My share!!!! For what? I didn't do anything wrong.

very dependable

by titan2008 from oak ridge tennessee on October 9, 2010

the frontier drove and preformed just as you would expect a sport utility to .great feel of the road very responsive,brakes,stearing.over all a enjoyable truck.

1 2 3