Read or write a review.

2013 Nissan Frontier

Change Year
4.5
Average based on 22 reviews

New proud truck owner honest review!

by from Fort Myers, Fl on September 21, 2013

I just purchased (9-21-13)a new 2013 Frontier SV 4x4 crew cab 4 door 4.0 liter. 6500 lb towing capacity Charcoal with grey interior. Short bed. This is my first truck I have ever owned! I traded in my 07 Sebring for this bad boy. A little bit about me. I'm 29 5'7 125 lbs yes thin guy. Live in Fort Myers Florida. I looked at a Jeep Grand Cherokee but didn't want to spend over 35k for a new suv. I looked at the Accords and Optima's but didn't want another car. My choice was based on buying another pwc or a small 21' jet boat Sea Doo or Yamaha. I wanted something small (Truck or suv)but something that could tow something with out a problem. I live on my own so kids are not a factor. So I started to look at mid size trucks. Only looking at 2. 1 being a Tacoma and then this a Frontier. Tacoma way over priced for the money! Frontier interior needs updating bad! Exterior soft on the eyes and a good looking truck! A good friend of mine is a mechanic at a Nissan dealer and got me into this truck. So he will be doing all of my future maintenance. I have a life time warranty on the power train and engine! The seats are cloth but very comfortable for me. Again I'm 125 lbs. I found the cloth more enjoyable over the leather. The radio is basic a back up camera is optional but I did not get that installed. I'm not lazy and can turn my head! usb interface works great. Just plug it in and go. Haven't tried the blue tooth. 3 power outlets. Power windows and locks. Storage underneath the back bench seats that fold up. 4 cup holders. Nicely placed fixed armrest. 6 speakers. No automatic lights. No up or down on the seats but that's fine with me. I have great visibility so far. Receiver comes with the factory hitch you just have to buy a ball. That was a nice feature. I can't say anything about the reliability yet about the truck but it feels solid. I'm not concerned about the mpg. I realize this going into the truck world mpg's aren't the best. Ride comfort is superb. You have to put into perspective that yes this is a truck and not a caddy. It does ride real soft not firm like the Tacoma. The 4x4 worked great off road. I felt like the truck had full control all the time on the test drive. Really no need for 4x4 when you have a traction control. I'm now glad I have both. Road noise and engine noise this is a very quiet truck. I almost feel like I am driving a car. The Nissan Frontier is a great truck for some one who is single like I am and can't make up their mind on what to buy. I plan on keeping this for 10+ years. I also do not have a garage so this is just the perfect setup for me.

2013 SV V6 Nissan Frontier

by from Dixie on July 19, 2013

This will be my primary vehicle, to be used as an all round pickup for Transportation, Hauling & Towing Ability, with Gas Mileage being a high priority as well. I looked at all of the New Pickup's,, includeing Full Size. It came down to between a Chevy Silverado Extended Cab V6 Work Truck, A V6 Toyota Tacoma, and the SV V6 Nissan Frontier. In the End, for me,, I chose the 2013 Nissan Frontier SV V6. Nissan just offered too much more for the money than all of the other's. It outpulls the Chevy Silverado V6 Extened Cab and cost's way less. The Toyota Tacoma V6 equiped with the Extra Oil Cooler would have cost so much more also. Also,, for those that don't know,, Me Included; The Nissan Frontier's with the V6 Engine's are now rated as 1/2 Ton Pickup's! And So State's on the Certificate of Origin. I rated Reliability 5 Star's based on My 1993 Nissan 4 cylinder pickup, that I purchased New 20 Year's ago,, and is still running very good. I won't know what the Reliability of the 2013 SV V6 Frontier for at least another 10 to 20 year's. After parking the New Frontier in the Garage,, I'm really glad that I didn't go Full Size,, cause the New Frontier's are so much bigger than they were back in 1993...:-) I can't advise anybody else which Pickup to Buy,, but I've shared what I did, and My Thought's. Good Luck Joe

Great truck for the money!

by from St.Paul, MN on October 23, 2013

I purchased a 6 speed manual 2013 Frontier SV 4X4 Crew Cab. I travelled about 200 miles to find a manual, but it was worth it. Great handling, great acceleration, really fun to drive! My wish list of improvements- a bit more legroom in back and a better sound system. Besides that, I couldn't be happier!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

great value

by from covington,la on October 21, 2013

a lot of truck for under 23K, great value a lot of truck for under 23K, great value a lot of truck for under 23K, great value

best truck for the money

by from Long Beach, CA on December 2, 2013

I got a great deal on this 4 door truck thanks to cars.com. I've driven Fords, and Toyota's before, but the dealers were reluctant to negotiate.

So far, very happy with the SL 4x4

by from NE Oklahoma on July 6, 2013

Very solid, hitting EPA right off the lot (I expect this will improve). I wanted a truck that would fit in my garage, be 1/2 Jeep and 1/2 pickup. I chose the Frontier over the Toyota because it felt a little bigger and was more price competitive (both have excellent reputations). The only thing I've found that I DON'T like about the truck is the positioning of the back-up camera. It is hard to see the screen if any daylight is coming inside the truck.

Love My New Truck

by from Covington, GA on September 21, 2013

Great value for the money. Conyers Nissan outstanding to deal with. Highly recommend this truck and dealership to anyone. See Louie for a great deal.

I love my truck.

by from SFCA on March 28, 2015

I do small package delivery In San Francisco and this truck does everything that I need, I have the most basic of basic model.. It was $2500 cheaper than the Toyota. I think that my favorite part is that I can open the hood and not only see but am able to touch and work on all of the parts. It is a joy to work on.

most comfortable truck i've owned

by from New Ringgold,Pa on June 7, 2013

this truck has plenty of room,power and comfort at an affordable price.I've usually had Toyota trucks but I drove both and decided on the "Nissan for the best value for the cost.Purchased at Kelly Nissan.

Rock solid

by from Lafayette, Indiana on June 25, 2013

I was drawn to the Frontier because of rock solid performance boxed frame, mileage, haulling capacity and tie down features in the truck bed. 4 x 4 all still under $30,000 I have owned many Nissan's in the past and I can honestly say they all were top performers. Same with the Frontier. I am a tall person 6'4" and have plenty of room in the truck. I looked at all the other brands and Toyota wanted 6000 - 8000 dollars more for the same truck options I have on mine. Chevy and Ford were expensive too and larger and used more gas. It is simply the best choice for what I do and need from a truck.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 nissan frontier

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.