2017 Frontier

2017 Nissan Frontier

2017 Nissan Frontier

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Frontier?

Purchased from excellent product reviews

by Jim and Lisa Seahawk Fans from New Symrna Beach, FL 32168 on Tue Jan 30 2018

Our new truck is so comfortable and rides like my BMW sedan! Our personal mechanic of 14 years recommended the quality of the Nissan Product.

Nissan Frontier

by joshran from Fredericton, NB on Wed Mar 29 2017

I almost bought a Ridgeline but with the financing deal and the dealer add-on's I saved almost $6000.00 by choosing the Nissan, I don't regret it.

Best Truck Ever

by doughobbsfl from on Mon May 01 2017

I love the versatility of this Truck ,it keeps everything in the right place and allows the versatility of a car for easy driving and parking.

Newest Old School Truck You Can Buy

by YupIDidaThing from Rocky Mount, VA on Fri Nov 16 2018

I bought a 2017 SV Crew Cab 4WD a few months ago and so far I love it. It's funny, you see all these reviews by the pros talking about the lack of tech on the Frontier and how it hasn't had a major refresh since 2005. But, that's just it, it's a truck. Trucks are meant to haul stuff, take it on the dirt, have fun with it. Today, everyone talks about what sort of tech you can get in a truck, they think trucks are like Caddy's these days. Overall, I love the v6 but hate the mpg. We had a minor snow storm recently and I was able to plow through snow covered roads with 4 High with ease, almost as good as a Wrangler. The Frontier does have value, it does have some nice features like cruise, power everything, backup camera, sliding rear door, etc. In some ways it reminds of of the Tacoma, but it does feel taller when you sit inside and honestly its a bit more powerful off the line than the Taco.

More Truck than the competitors

by Wayne from Embrun on Mon Jul 23 2018

Unbelievable value. Great handling, ride and styling. Interior is dated but does the job. Gas mileage @ 9.0 lt/100 is far better than reviews would lead you to believe. It's quiet and solid, a real truck compared to it's far more expensive and gadget ridden competitors. Usual high quality Nissan fit and finish.

Reliable! This is our second Nissan Frontier!

by SandraM - bama fan from Bessemer, AL on Sat May 06 2017

This vehicle is perfect for us. We have the extended cab so there is always room for grand-children. And the hauling capacity meets our everyday needs.

A truck for doing truck stuff, without frills

by Paul Bass from Shreveport, LA on Fri Jul 27 2018

I wanted a basic functional truck I could take my family around in. Enter the 2017 Nissan Frontier. I really don't care about having a heated steering wheel or other ridiculous "comforts" for a truck. If I wanted luxury I would look at a luxury vehicle. The 4.0 V6 hauls anything I would want to throw at it, driving it is a blast, and repairs and after market are easy due to how long this truck style has been on the market. If it's not broke, don't fix it. If you liked the basic smaller trucks of the 90's (S-10, Ranger), you will feel right at home in the slightly bigger (but still the smallest truck currently available new in the U.S.A.) Frontier. The only complaints I see are the interior isn't made of silk and it doesn't come with a DVD player (who cares). I have a young on that has already stomped all over the interior, and thanks to it being a real truck, the plastic and rubber interior just wipes clean, no worries.

I love my Frontier!

by JDP from McGregor, Texas on Thu Feb 01 2018

Quiet, car like ride, quick response, love the Bluetooth audio for my iPhone playlists, my fave vehicle out of my 10 previously owned..

Quality Truck/Reasonable Price

by Dego Mike from San Jose, CA on Wed Dec 13 2017

I've owned approximately 15 trucks in my life and my Nissan has been my favorite. I recently traded in a 2008 Frontier with 130,000 miles with which I had zero problems. The only thing I replaced in that period was two sets of tires and one battery. The only reason I traded the truck in was to go from a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive.

Great vehicle!

by Andy F from Baldwinsville, NY on Thu Jun 14 2018

I just bought my second preowned Frontier. I’ve owed Fords and Chevy trucks. Now I buy Nissan. Best ride. Best comfort. Best reliability. Best mid-sized truck IMHO!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2017 Nissan Frontier

The verdict:

The off-road Pro-4X version of the Nissan Frontier is more suited for slopping around in the mud or exploring trails than for daily use.

Versus the competition:

The Frontier is many years outdated, lacking the refinement, features and versatility of other mid-size trucks, but it is inexpensive.

The new Nissan Frontier is the last small, affordable pickup truck. Its starting price of just $19,365 (including destination) is the equivalent of an entry-level Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla but with rugged utility and a bed. It’s a classic case of “you get what you pay for,” however, with a dated, small interior lacking the refinement, features and quality found in the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Honda Ridgeline and Toyota Tacoma (that is, all the other mid-size trucks).

That may sound damning, but the Pro-4X off-road variant I drove is actually a lovable little truck. The Pro-4X is a classic off-road package with meaty tires, off-road shock absorbers, skid plates, a... Read More