2023 Nissan Frontier consumer reviews

Explore the 2023 Nissan Frontier
Shop the 2023 Nissan Frontier
4.0

Affordable utility

I'm fond of smaller trucks, had 3 Rangers over a 20 year period. Lost interest when they stopped production. However ownership of a large dog caused me to reconsider a truck's utility over our SUV. The Frontier crew cab with fold up rear seats provides easy access and a safer environment for our pooch. The ride and handling is quite good, power is more than adequate. The truck is a real pleasure to drive, although steering is on the heavy side. One of the few items that could be improved. I own the SV model with leather interior, love that feature as a dog owner. Perhaps the best feature is the price, typically 1,000's less than the competition. Must say the Frontier works well for me and certainly should serve the needs for most truck buyers.

Frontier Pro-4X should be a serious option!

I looked in depth at number of mid-sized trucks and landed a final decision on the Frontier Pro-4X. I previously owned a full size truck but the large size for keeping in garage, parking and navigating parking lots was getting to be a real pain. I also owned a previous Frontier model but the new updated one is just so much better. The overall ride is smooth but you still get the feel of a truck. The exterior look is the best in class and technology is up to date. Navigating the controls has both manual and touch screen functions. I like to be able to control the heat/AC with manual buttons as well as the audio. The Pro-4X trim is both appealing and worth the increased costs. My only negatives are the front seats could be a bit more comfortable and the passenger seat should come with an option to be power seats.

The Last Real Truck built in the USA!

I bought a 2022 S 4x4 King cab. My opinion it is the last real truck sold in the United States. No turbos, hybrid, and auto stop. If you need a real truck buy this.

More power for the money

I have the S trim in 4x4 Don't believe list prices. Nissan dealers have lots of inventories right now and are negotiating again. I shopped every mid-size. The only thing that comes close in price is a Colorado WT with the standard and less powerful tuned engine (245HP vs 310HP). Sure some 23 Tacomas are same price, but that's for the very standard 2WD 4 cylinder with half the power of a standard Frontier (145HP v 310 HP). Frontier is once again the best value for a truck. Initial quality has been great. This powertrain is much smoother and more powerful than I expected. It always reacts the way I want it to. I also love the old school knobs and buttons for common actions. I hate screens for everything. It has Apple CarPlay and lane departure warning and that's enough tech for me. If you need to have tall people in the backseats all the time though the Frontier may not be for you. This is the smallest body on frame truck out there now, both in length and width. That means a small cramped backseat. Front seats are very comfortable though.

Nicely designed

I have owned this truck for over a week and can only give a brief description of the truck. The truck I traded was a 2022 Honda Ridgeline RLT-E. My big dissatisfaction with the Honda is that they never fixed three problems I ha with it. Honda seems to not care about their customer satisfaction. I will never buy a Honda again for the way they treated me. This was the 5th Honda I have owned. The first thing I noticed about the Frontier was the pickup the engine is strong and more powerful. The interior is really good looking. The tech features are well designed. So far it is a great truck.

Great ride

Great looking and reliable ride, strong engine. Easy to use set up. Good value for what it is. Lift it a few for inches and its competive with offroad.

Finally bought the new one

I just bought this but traded in my 2010. The improvements Nissan made starting with the 2022 model year are significant in my opinion. The exterior styling, the new motor and transmission and the new interior technology are excellent. I'm very happy with where they've taken this truck.

2023 SV 4x4 Long Bed

I was in the market after my 2018 silverado's trans went out at 68k. I didn't need another full size truck but needed to be able to haul lumber to job sites when fill in are needed. This truck is perfect for my use and with the 4x4 hopefully it saves me on towing bills when working out in the sticks! The bed has LED lights and I have a 120v outlet in the bed as well, to me this thing is loaded. I also wanted to rave on the adaptive cruise control, in my experience you have to find that right speed between gears to prevent it from shifting up and down constantly which is done with ease once you get used to the shift points. The adaptive kept me atleast 60ft from the vehicle in front of me at all times and will slow you down as traffic slows (referring to interstate or highway only) For those of you on the fence or wondering about size, I am 6'2 300lbs. Long torso and short legs and I fit fine. I like to sit down and in my vehicles which eliminated the tacoma and ranger where I always felt like I was sitting on a phone book and the steering wheel was right between my knees. The seat in the nissan goes low enough for me but your mileage may vary in that dept! I have to give some constructive criticism or this wouldn't be an honest review. The only two things I'd remedy after a months ownership is the sound system leaves a lot to be desired and the most annoying thing is that the back/forward seat adjustment is in the perfect spot where your leg or wallet will just bump it everytime you get out of your truck. I thought I was losing my mind and kept having to reset my seating position. Hope this helps! Like with the Titan, these trucks are just the best bang for you buck in this crazy market. Go drive it!

Right sized Truck with Nissan's reliable v6

Great Truck, Smooth and powerful v6 mated up to a 9 speed transmission. I picked up 4x4 Midnight edition with tech package and the L.E.D. headlight not only look sexy, I can see EVERYTHING in front of me on the road. Rides over Bumps like a boss while still Very Quiet in the cabin. Intelligent cruise control is a plus for those long highway trips, and the blind spot monitoring comes in handy while im getting used to the size of the truck. what I like about it is it actually Drives like a truck, but a super smooth one, with the right amount of bells and whistles included in my package

3.0

Power steering issues

The power steering feels more like manual steering than power steering--would like to know if there are any remedies for this problem. It is especially annoying when trying to park in tight places.