2012 Juke

2012 Nissan Juke

2012 Nissan Juke

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Juke?

Juke 2012

by Frog car guy from WV on Mon Mar 21 2016

I bought my Juke SV in 2012 and still driving it. It now has 59k miles on it and still running as strong as the day I bought it. I really like my Juke and actually fell in love with it when I first saw it in 2011. I told myself it was a very unique looking car and I would buy one the following year if they would release the safety rating. I'm not sure why it took Nissan so long to release the safety rating, but when they did I was very happy to see it had a 4.5 star safety rating. Before I get to the pros I want to mention the cons. The price was a little high for a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder turbo charged car. The tires it came with were not very good and did not last long. The gas mileage is ok except when it gets cold, it goes from about 31mpg down to 22mpg (that's while it's in eco mode), but if it's 65-72 degrees I am getting about 31-35mpg and I live in the mountains of WV. There is not a lot of leg room in the back, but I already knew that and so it doesn't bother me. The back up camera gets dirty easily and needs to be wiped off frequently, also not that big of a deal. On a sunny day it is hard to read the touch screen on the main display, which does bug me quite a bit lately. I wish Nissan had used a better display, maybe a gloss cover or something. I wish the side mirrors were a little smaller as well there is some wind noise. Now the pros, this car is very reliable, I haven't had any maintenance issues with it yet. It did have a recall on the timing chain and I was able to get that taken care of for free and no hassel. It is very quick and hades the road very well. I put snow tires on it this last winter and when I engaged the AWD I was shocked on how good it handled the snow and ice. I felt very very safe in this car this last winter. We had to drive from Pittsburg in the beginning of Jan. and there was an ice/snow storm on the way home. The interstate was nothing but a sheet of ice and once I engaged AWD and cleared the cars that couldn't move because they had the wrong tires and/or car, I was able to drive comfortably at 45mph+. The previous winter, not so much because I was driving with a popular brand name and model tire on the car. I was told they were as good as snow tires. NO THEY ARE NOT! They got me where I needed to go but I had to be very very careful. Making 90 degree turns would make the car slide sideways. Those tires have a 90k driving life but only lasted about 40k miles, i won't buy them again, they are very expensive and aren't that good at gripping the road, my snow tires grip better aND seem to las longer. I love having the option to change performance levels from eco to normal to sport. I also like being able to switch from FWD to AWD Variable, to AWD. The stereo is really nice, the GPS is pretty nice as well. I like having a back up camera, never had one before. ( can't really use it if sun is shining on screen though) The styling on the outside is very nice and unique and the layout on the inside is nice as well. I really like my heated leather seats. The blue tooth works great and the controls on the steering wheel are another nice touch. The CVT Transmission took me some time to get used to it because I've never experienced anything like it, it's not bad at all. The ICON system is nice and easy to operate. The car does have decent power and the ability to get you from 0-60 really quickly. I would highly recommend this car. The 2015 Jukes have some slight body style changes, some for the better. Give it a look see and test drive if you find yourself on the fence. You might just fall in love with it.

Very fun car

by Jukefan from Norfolk, Va. on Tue Apr 03 2012

I have had my Juke for two months and absolutely love it. It is very fun to drive and people are always saying how cool it looks. I bought it for its all wheel drive capability, fold down seats and hatchback that allow my dog and gear to travel with ease. Now that I own it, I see how much fun it is to cruise the town with.

head turning style and fun to drive

by just got juked from fort dodge iowa on Wed Sep 05 2012

i just got my juke and love it..i saw one about 1 1/2 ago and had to get to the dealer and see for myself... the interior with the black and red leather stitching is gorgeous. with all the bells and whistles of the sl version my only complaint is the lack of a arm rest..i find it comfortable for a 6 ft 1 guy and love the handling and acceleration.. i probably paid a little too much and feel like i was baited and switched from a offer but wasnt leaving without this car and found out later they actually loaned this car out but still sold it as new.. buy one...you wont be sorry!!!

owned by senior

by actionman from colorado on Thu Apr 26 2012

This juke is great i did a couple of additions to the juke that really made it better added a leather center arm rest and put a set of michelin tires on it for a better ride. the juke is a great buy for a awd. drive it you will like it.

FUN car!!

by BAW from Spartanburg, SC on Thu Apr 26 2012

Bought a 2012 Juke about a month ago, LOVE this car!!!!. Handling is A+, turbocharger gives it a serious boost, and the look of the car gets continuous second glances. Gauges and controls are very user friendly, and easy to navigate, we got the SL model, with navigation and sunroof, which are both fantastic. Only "knock" is lack of cargo space, but I knew that going in, as this is a small car, so I really cannot fairly knock it for that reason. If you test drive this- you will buy it.

2012 Juke SV 6 Speed M/T @74,000 Miles

by Tofu from Florida on Sat Dec 23 2017

I wouldn't say I regret buying my Juke but given the chance I would have chosen something else. What sold me was all the included features such as turbo-engine, push to start, keyless entry/operation (arguably my favorite), moonroof, fuel economy (I get 24-26 mpg city and 31+ highway on average). I really do enjoy driving the manual version of this car and it's easy to park anywhere. It handles well in most conditions, fwd isn't the best for wet roads, and it really hits it's stride around 3500 rpms. The factory tires are terrible but after replacing them with quality tires the car feels much better. That being said I've had some major issues with my juke over the years. The fuel injectors are sensitive and even with premium gas can become damaged. I had to have mine replaced around 30,000 miles, I was told it was due to gas contamination *allegedly*. The gas tank is TINY, be ready to fill up frequently. There was a timing belt recall, which was fixed before it failed. Recently the transmission had to be replaced due to factory defect/failure (thankfully under warranty). This also caused my clutch to burn out which was not covered under warranty. The juke has many parts that are specific to the car, in my case the clutch which was no less than $450+ in just parts. Problems aside, the cost of general maintenance is very reasonable since there aren't as many routine items thanks, to tech upgrades like electric power steering which doesn't require fluid changes.

Very Reliable

by Barb from Ga. on Thu Aug 30 2012

I love the comfort, easy to drive. It's got great road comfort. I am very pleased. The comfort and room for a small car is great. I would reccomend this car to anyone. People stop me in parking lots and ask me about it, I really build it up. I am very proud of it.

Pleasure to own

by Smiling Jack from Dallas tx. on Mon Jan 23 2012

Fun to drive good gas mpg strong engine very good handling very comfortable Easy to load bagage because rear seat lay down

a little car that holds a lot

by mfkqueen from Havertown, pa on Sat Apr 15 2017

I find the size perfect, easy to park, easy to drive. I like sitting higher up like a SUV but it is much smaller. . It however doesn't hold the road in the rain, esp. when it first starts raining. I can feel the tires slipping not gripping and these are new tires. The seat belts are hard to get to there is no holder for them on the seat so they detract far back.

perfect car

by miguel from virginia on Sat Mar 17 2012

all waht i need in one car AWD good in gas and power finally i found the right car . My local dealer showed me the Juke I was not in the market for this particular car but as soon i drove i knew it it was the right car for me

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Juke

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2011 about the 2011 Nissan Juke. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

It seems fitting that Nissan, the automaker behind everything from the toylike Cube to the shield-your-eyes Infiniti QX56, is also responsible for the Juke, a tiny crossover with a turbocharged engine, limited utility and exterior styling that's as bizarre as it gets. This thing fits the automotive landscape like an Idaho farmhand would fit in "Jersey Shore."

The situation, if you will, turns out hit-and-miss.

The Juke is more fun to drive than most small crossovers... Read More