2001 Maxima

2001 Nissan Maxima

$9 - $5,925  MSRP Range
2001 Nissan Maxima

4.3

Have you driven the 2001 Nissan Maxima?

Love my 2001 Maxima GLE!

by Performance sedan fan. from Fort Worth, TX on June 14, 2011

WONDERFUL car! I bought it used in July, 2003 after literally months & months of research. You may not believe me, but I now have almost 170,000 miles on it, and there is NOT EVEN ONE RATTLE while driving! Its computer chip went out at about 150,000 miles, but I found a good used one online for about $250. And that is the only time it did not fire up and go. It has been extraordinarily reliable. Had to get seat covers for the leather seats, but the Texas sun where I live eats up leather seats on any car. I replaced the driver's seat at about 140,000 miles because two of the power motors in it went out, and it was less expensive to replace the whole seat with a used one from a salvage yard than replace the motors in the original. Factory Bose stereo system w/ subwoofer still is crisp & LOUD w/ no distortion. I get 23-27 mpg depending on the amount of city/highway driving I do, and it still does not burn one drop of oil between changes. Power seats are adjustable every way imaginable, & those front seats are more comfortable than most living room furniture, no kidding. Has pass-through from truck to back seats. This is far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have been through seven other foreign & domestic cars & trucks before I was lucky enough to find this one. Test drove a Chrysler 300M right before test driving the Maxima, and the American vehicle was a joke, absolute junk, compared to this one. I remember saying to my son at the time, "This car is amazing. You just THINK what you want it to do and it does it." I honestly expect to get 250,000-300,000 miles out of it, and I highly recommend this model year and other Maxima model years without any reservations whatsoever. Just a wonderful, wonderful vehicle!

Would buy it over and over

by Mountain Max from VA on July 22, 2010

This is a marvelous car, mine with 235k and running strong. Had to replace catalytic converter twice, but overall this car has never let me down and never left me on the side of the road. Driving position and comfort can't be any better, and it is fun to drive, with power to drive the way you want. The exterior styling is top-class and timeless. Comfortable back seats and plenty of truck room. This was the perfect car for me.

mr

by rinbo from chicago, il on May 31, 2006

I have owned two Maxima's. Right now I have the 2001. The interior comfort with leather is comparable to much more expensive cars. The Engine is one of the smoothest and has lots of get up and go. 225bhp is plenty for this car. The front wheel drive is great in snow and the Bose sound system is great.

The only Brand I ever owned

by Simone from Toronto, canada on October 20, 2006

I had a 1998 GLE which was my baby until a drunken master hit it. I purhcased the 2001 Anniversary Edition with no regrets. I love it. It drives smoooooth and it is very comfortable. I am 6ft and it is just great for me. I paln to have this car for a very long time. I purchased it in Feb 2004 and have not done any major work. It has 170,000 Km, as I am in Canada. Nissan keep up the work

Fun to drive

by TripleD from Indianapolis, IN on March 2, 2008

This car has been great. I needed a larger car but I didn't want to get stuck with a slow behemoth. The Maxima handles great, has good acceleration, and has more than enough room for me and three other people to be seated comfortably. Overall, I love this car.

2001 GXE Owner

by 01 Maxima GXE from West Palm Beach, FL on May 16, 2006

Nissan's are notorious for oxygen sensor problems. Mine occured at 45,000 miles when it caused the check engine light to engage. Currently at 69,000 & will need an exhaust repair. Otherwise outstanding reliability & performance with regular maintainance. Also a great value as a pre-owned vehicle prospect.

Most comfortable, safe and reliable car ever

by Linda Lu from Bay Area, CA on February 6, 2014

I'm an auto broker and purchased my '95 Maxima used from the client who originally bought it from me. I sold my '96 Honda Accord so I could buy it. The Accord caused all kinds of back problems for me. I've driven the Maxima on several trips of over 500 in one day and no problems at all. I now have 176,000 mi. on it and know I can get another 100K. Had to replace the alternator this year and the idle switch. Replaced the radiator 3 yrs ago, but all in all, much better than having $400/mo car payments. If this one goes, I'll buy another one. And it still looks great. The paint is extraordinary on these cars.

The best car I have ever owned hands down.

by Awsome car from Cherry Hill, NJ on August 28, 2013

I bought this car due to the looks that I have loved. This is the best car I have ever owned. The car has the performance and reliability like no other vehicle I have ever owned before. I now have 210000 miles and still passes inspection with no problem. I WOULD buy another one as I am looking for another. Look no further if you are shopping for one or gave it any thought. This is the car to buy.

one of the High performance & most dependable car

by wkhanva from on March 5, 2017

It's a low maintenance car high on performance very dependable leather is just ok but good paint job.

Reliable and still looks pretty good

by pattiesmom from Providence, RI on March 31, 2017

Bought this car used with 75,000 miles on it almost 5 years ago....I have 107,000 miles on it now - I do not drive that much - mostly to and from work and running local errands. I would have never considered buying a used Maxima (reputation for being beat on by high school / college aged kids) but found this one owner vehicle that was only being sold due to a relocation cross country. I have spent about $1,800 on repairs over the years but considering how comfortable this car is and how dependable it has been - I do not think that is too bad, especially for a 2001. My only regret?...I did not get the small spots of body rot around the wheels taken care of...now its much worse...I always look at others and see this issue in the same area! Catch it early or at least be warned!

1 2