2007 Maxima

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

A great car to own and drive

by Gus from Miami, FL on November 1, 2006

I just bought a Maxima (SL, sunroof, nav, pref package). I had an Altima V6 before, which seemed to have a more powerful acceleration probably because with a same engine was a lighter car. It is extremely comfortable, the navigation system is great and easy to use, hands-free bluetooth is also a nice feature. It is spatious although will not sit three adults very comfortable in the back seat. I preferred to get the traditional sunroof than the sky thing most come with. It has tons of nice features: dual AC control, great Bosse stereo, homelink (to open the gate in my condo), power seats. xenon lights, everything. It is a great car to drive. The ride is smooth and quiet.

$11,500 service repair bill

by tgoexpress from Virginia on February 8, 2014

I am an original owner of 2007 Max with 96,000 miles. Car was sluggish and seemed to be holding back so I took in to my dealer. To my surprise I received an $8,900 estimate to fix, needed a new transmission, timing chain and a couple of smaller items. Nissan covered the transmission since they recently extended the warranty to avoid class action. Agreed to pay $4,000 which was my share of repair. Two weeks go bye and dealer still has car, it is still running sluggish (honest dealer bad car). Needs an ABS actuator and other items associated with ABS. Add another $2,500 to my bill. The three major items: CVT transmission, ABS and timing chain identified by tens of thousands of Nissan Max customers as a problem. Buyer beware on used purchase, Hyundai is passing Nissan bye on quality and warranty.

Does not recommend this car!!

Glad i chose this car

by New Car Enthusiast from San Diego, CA on January 17, 2007

Well, i have had my Maxima SE for one month now. And i love this car. I Am a self admitted new car freak and i put in countless hours reveiwing every car in this class. I test drove the Avalon, Camery, Mazda CX7 (not in this class, but had to rule it out). The IS 250, (very nice car but too expensive) Test drove the 300C from Chrysler twice. Drove the new 07 Passat by VW. and a half dozen other cars. I kept coming back to the Maxima and the 300C. Test drove them twice, back to back to finaly make my pick. Although i like the looks and power of the 300C better, the Maxima won me over with build quality and interior looks, as well as more options. The Maxima just felt tighter and was a more pleasant drive. And i would have to say, though the 300C was faster, it was not that much faster in excelleration. The CVT in the Maxima is awsome!! I purchaced my Maxima SE with every option available. Payed 31,450. I traded in my 05 Mazda 6 which was a nice car, but this Maxima is way nicer, whole notch up in every way. I also owned a 04 BMW 330I with the performance package, and i loved that car. I fell on some hard times and let the car go. Killed me to have to sale my 330I but, when i got my new Maxima it made up for it. I like the Maxima over the BMW overall. The ONLY thing the 330 had on the Maxima is cornering and suspension, man that car could take an clover leaf on ramp at 80 MPH, make you dizzy. The Maxima is no where close to the cornering ability of the 330I performance package, but it is better in every other category. I wish the maxima came with voice activated Nav, this is the only thing i would say to improve right away. The upgraded sound system is awsome. Better than all the other cars i test drove. Even the 300C's upgraded system pales in clairity to the Maxima Bose system. The Avalon's interior was just a little more luxury feeling, but i like the sporty interior of the Maxima. The front seats are more supportive. The power and performance of this car is great, and meets my needs in the power deparment. Its no Mustang GT, or Pontiac GTO, but its a fabulous combination of everything. Where the above two sports cars lack in many departments other than performace. If your looking for a well priced for what you get, family sports sedan, i would have to say Nissan has it right with the Maixma SE.

My second Maxima

by Big T from College Station, Tx on November 21, 2006

This is my second Maxima and I am wowed by this car. My first was the most reliable car I ever owned and expect this 07 SL to be as good. Great highway car and very comfortable. Great get up and go and the interior is awesome. What I like about the Maxima is you never have to take it back to the dealer to get things fixed that were overlooked in building. Drive it away and only see my dealer for routine maintenance. Detroit needs to take notice and start building cars that are reliable and that are well equiped.

My Black on Black Nissan Max

by MD-1 from Harrisburg, PA on February 21, 2014

I absolutely LOVE this car. I bought it used at a tremendous deal. It had highway miles (132,000 miles), but was a one owner vehicle that was well taken care of. The miles don't scare me as it drives smoothly. I get looks everywhere I go with its black exterior & black leather interior with heated seats. I put some red trim on my ride & it looks drop dead stunning. The Maxima's seats are extremely comfortable. The ride's tight in handling, does well with corners, and has tremendous power at 255 horsepower. It's fast as I can easily get to 60 mph in roughly 6-7 seconds. This is my first one with CVT transmission & I can honestly say that I'd be hard pressed to go back to the 4, 5, or 6-speed auto transmission. It's responsive, shifts smoothly, reacts to my driving style, & is less of a maintenance hassle. It has all the creature features like the moonroof, 6-disc CD changer, navigation system, Bose sound system, On-Star, Bluetooth link, auxiliary port for MP3 players/IPhones, park assist, and tire pressure & rotation & engine oil monitor. You name it, it got it outside of DVD player and backup camera. I've only had it for two months, so winter driving it gets roughly 16-17 mpg in the city. It hasn't been out on the highway much, but will have its chance come summertime. It doesn't bother me to put premium fuel in as I don't go long distance driving often. I plan on keeping this till I can't drive it no more (hopefully at least 5-6 years). This has been my dream everyday driving car for the last year or so & am glad I picked one up at an affordable price with everything I want in a vehicle. It's also great that this is my first non-American vehicle. I plan to purchase non-American vehicles from here on out for their reputation and better build quality.

"2007 Maxima Like the ride for the money"

by pietje from Northeastern NC on September 25, 2006

Tried Avalon, Solara, Acura TL and Acura RL. I like the sportier looks and feel of the Maxima compared to the Avalon. The Solara was just under powered. For the money the Acura doors sounded hollow and not as solid as the Maxima. The small rear window on the Maxima limits some of the rear vision and the seats and not quite as ideal for good positioning. But this is my 2nd Maxima and I like the way it handles.

Best Car on the Road

by Maxima Man from Knoxville, TN on August 13, 2007

I've owned three (currently still have two). I would recommend this car above anything on the road for durability, style, and performance. You might pay more than Toyota, but you'll get more.

Great Combination of Performance, Luxury and Value

by Bill from Pottsville, PA on November 21, 2006

I recently bought a fully-equipped SE. The fit and finish of both the interior and exterior is first rate, as are the acceleration and handling (the vehicle is as fast as my son's 2007 VW GTI). Contrary to some others' complaints, I don't notice any torque steer under when accelerating. The SE's ride is what I expected from a sport sedan; that means it's on the firm side. Maxima's CVT is outstanding from the point of view of fuel economy, smoothness and quietness, and the sound of the V-6 when shifting in the manual mode is very, very satisfying. HVAC and sound systems perform flawlessly; the garage-door opener, memory seat programming, navigation system and hands-free phone system are easy to set up and work very well. Nissan's keyless-entry fob is convenient and does more than just open the car doors and start the motor. You can easily program it to automatically adjust the steering wheel angle, outside mirrors and driver's seat to your settings when you enter the car. Overall, everything is working as advertised; personally, the car is spoiling me beyond my expectations. There are a few negatives, but they have to do with Nissan's marketing. Stability control needs to become a standard feature instead of a hard-to-find option on dealers' lots. Nissan should offer more wireless phone choices for its hands-free system; I could only find three compatible BlueTooth models at both my local phone store and on its web site. The buying experience at the Nissan dealer was relaxed and positive, and I got a good deal. I waited a long time to buy a Maxima; the SE is a car worth waiting for.

Great Vehicle

by Blkssdn from Chucago,IL on November 9, 2009

I just bought a 2007 Maxima SE and I must say it is the best car I ever owned. I have owned GM all my life but it was time for change and I am glad I did. I recommend if you are looking for great performance, and a head turner. This is the vehicle to purchase without regets.

Best of the best.

by bcharmer from Hendersonville, Tn. on October 2, 2011

I love everything about my Maxima SL. It is loaded to the 'max". I highly recommend this car. You can count on Nissan to produce a excellent product.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7