2008 Nissan Maxima

Best car I have owned

by from Indianapolis, IN on September 12, 2017

Dependable, quick, stylish, roomy, family, single, sporty, sedan, classy. Best bang for your buck. I have owned 3 Maxima's and have driven them all to close to 200k with many more to go.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Luxery Sports Sedan

by from Plano, TX on September 11, 2017

One of the beautiful, affordable sports sedan I've ever seen. Double dual pipes, dual climate control, very fast and powerful. This was the 3.5 SE and once I got into the drivers seat, I told the owner, DO NOT SELL IT!! This will be my next car.
Not Rated Reliability

Great looking car and performs well

by from Medford, MA on July 31, 2017

I think the Nissan Maxima is a great vehicle very nice stylish with good comfort and has good pickup

Uses car for Havingfun

Great Car

by from Dallas on May 4, 2017

The car is great overall. The wheel is stiff at times but the exterior and performance of the vehicle is great

Nissan driver for life!

by from Ramsey, New Jersey on April 23, 2017

Only negative is the turning radius. 3 point turns and squeezing around tight spots (i.e. parking lots) can be tricky at times. Othewise, this is a great car at a great price. Holds up well and repairs are minimal. Best Features Interior is sleek Excellant engine performance Worst Features Turning radius

Very nice, reliable, and sporty with good price

by from Dallas, TX on April 8, 2017

I had a 2008 Nissan Maxima SL Not only was the body and interior very nice to the drive being very smooth and comfortable with a luxury sport package built with it, there are very little issues mechanically and when there are the fix is much cheaper. Reliable, smooth driving, nice price

08 Nissan Maxima, awesome.

by from Utica, Ny on November 29, 2016

Rome Pre Owned Vehicles is totally awesome, purchased and 08 Maxima and the sales team were great, no pressure but a lot of answers if needed, Matt in the sales dept is the man, went the distance to make sure I rec'd the vehicle that I really wanted and the loan that I needed, but overall their team is very cool, it's like hanging out with your friends, this is how comfortable you are when dealing with them. I will be a customer for life.

great deal

by from staurtsdarft, VA on September 7, 2015

got it used at a dealer. car fax showed right side damage. it was side swiped but repaired very good I saw no signs of it. we had a Nissan altima before this one and trust me the Maxima is a big improvement. more room in the car and ride is better. Has more power because of the jump from 4 cyl to a 6 cyl. one thing that I do not like is this 2008 has no backup camara. It does had a sensor beep when car is running and a car comes behind you. Overall I would recommend it to all.

5 Year Owner

by from Lincoln, Nebraska on November 7, 2013

I bought. My Maxima new in the fall of 2008. It now has 45K miles. Except for new tires at 24K, and a battery at 3 years, I have had NO other maintenance issues. My only criticism of this car is the over steering. This was identified in all the reviews of the vehicle back in 2008, and is not a huge deal. Just hang on to the wheel if you're accelerating through a turn, because this car has lots of torque. I have not had significant problems getting around in snow as a previous reviewer had. I would think that could be a tire issue.

nice ride, but terrible in the snow

by from Nebraska on December 9, 2011

I purchased this car fully loaded last year with 20k. I traded my 07 Charger because I wanted to get around better in the winter so went for Front wheel drive. Well, I get to stay home when he have a slight bit of snow or ice on the road, simply doesn't go anywhere. Bought new tires a few months back in hopes it would prevent this problem, but no. Other than that it's great. Sharp look and quick! Turning radius is not great.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Maxima