2008 Maxima

2008 Nissan Maxima

2008 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2008 Nissan Maxima?

Fantastic Automobile

by Tex from on Fri Jan 07 2011

This is simply a great car. I bought mine used with 60k miles about 6 months ago. It has exceeded my expectations. The car is absolutely solid; no squeaks or rattles anywhere. The engine is superb with plenty of power and torque at any speed. The CV Transmission is flawless and smooth. The overall fit and finish is outstanding. My only beef is the wide turning radius. (My buddy's Escalade turns tighter than the Maxima.) Other than that, I could not be happier with my purchase.

Best Car Ive owned

by Love To the Max from Meridian, ID on Tue Mar 22 2011

In the past sixteen years I've owned a different car every one to two years. Couldn't really find one I liked so I'd trade. Not economical but it's what I did. Last year we bought my husband a new truck. I had a Suburban and both didn't fit in the garage. I wanted a car again not a gas guzzling SUV so I said goodbye to the 07 Burb and bought an 08 Max used with 32k miles. I love this car. Best car I've ever owned and I've owned a lot. I'll never buy any car other than a Nissan. Put snow tires on this winter and handles like a charm in the worst weather conditions. Safe for my kids and roomy enough for all the soccer gear. Nothing I love more than driving my car I can't say enough about it.

Best car I bought so far.

by borgy from Channahon,IL. on Sat Jan 30 2010

Everything is great on this car,except for the paint.(seems to be very thin)Other than that the cars interior features are awsome,handles great and a great engine.(performence wise & maintenance wise)

Excellent Vehicle

by Tex from DFW, TX on Sun Dec 13 2009

Some member of my family has had a Maxima since the late 80's, and none had issues. I narrowed my search to the Maxima & the TL. After driving both, the Maxima had less road noise, and it cost a few grand less - no brainer. 16 months and 17K of flawless service. I just LOVE the heated steering wheel. The 07-08 were much improved over the 04-06 (with even more room than the 09), and the CVT is now covered for 120K miles! If you don't like the Altima-ish grill (which was still better than the 04-06), then replace it aftermarket. Great Car!

nice ride, but terrible in the snow

by Jay from Nebraska on Fri Dec 09 2011

I purchased this car fully loaded last year with 20k. I traded my 07 Charger because I wanted to get around better in the winter so went for Front wheel drive. Well, I get to stay home when he have a slight bit of snow or ice on the road, simply doesn't go anywhere. Bought new tires a few months back in hopes it would prevent this problem, but no. Other than that it's great. Sharp look and quick! Turning radius is not great.

08 Maxima SL loaded

by Family man from Tennessee on Wed Feb 20 2008

My wife and have owned 3 Maximas: 2-93s, 1 - 99. 1 of the 93 Maximas was totaled with 100K after I smacked a semi - no injuries. The 2nd was sold for $2,200 with 175K miles and the 99 was sold for $3,800 with 166K miles. All of them didn't have a single fluild leak or mechanical problem when we parted with them! We decided to shop around before buying the replacement for her 99 and ended back at the Nissan dealer to buy our 4th Maxima. With the current incentives and option packages offered, you can't go wrong! We put a LOT of miles on our cars and I wanted my wife to have everything available to keep her safe: 6 airbags, whiplash protection, VDC, TC. The ride is great, the interior is top notch w/ options found on many cars that are $10K+ more than the Maxima: heated steering wheel, self-tinting side-view mirrors, etc. DRIVE and price the Maxima before you look at anything else! Nissan may just _shift you too!

08 Maxima SE

by The family man from on Mon Aug 10 2009

Purchased my used Maxima 1 month ago and still love it. It has the space and comfort for my family (2 kids) along with handling and power I desire. Price was much more reasonable then the Acura TL with more power and handling then Accord or Camry. I believe anyone that drives this vehicle would be pleasantly suprised.

The best car I ever owned

by Mark from MD on Fri Aug 22 2008

I had four 4 cars and all of them sucked. I just traded in my 01 Lincoln LS for the 08 Maxima and I love it. If your going to pay for a car get your money worth and I am with the Maxima. This car dose every thing right. My first foreign car and love it.

So far - great

by Maxima guy from Calgary, AB on Thu Jan 28 2010

I've had the car for 6 weeks, it's been outstanding. Love the look, the way it drives, and all the bells and whistles. I looked at the Infiniti G35 and after driving them both choose the Maxima for room, look and comfort.

Wonderful Car

by pookielou from West Monroe,La on Sun Jul 05 2009

I love this car. This is my first nissian and really love this car. Highly recommend this maxima to anyone. One test drive, You will be in love.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Nissan Maxima

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2006 about the 2007 Nissan Maxima. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ever since the Altima became a midsize sedan with an optional V-6, experts have wondered why anyone would pay thousands more for the equally powerful, slightly larger Maxima. Nissan says the Altima targets Toyota Camry shoppers, while the flagship Maxima takes aim at the Toyota Avalon and Chrysler 300 crowd. Given that the 2007 Maxima has several changes that bring it closer to these targets, I think that's a fair assessment.

How does the Maxima compare? It... Read More