2012 Maxima

2012 Nissan Maxima

2012 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Maxima?

impressed

by candy from on Tue Jul 19 2011

I just leased a base 2012 Maxima 3.5 CVT its my 3rd Maxima. It now accompanies our 2009 Maurano and replaces a 2008 Avalon lease. Before that I had a 2005 Saab 9-3x Turbo and 2 other Maximas a 98 and a 2002. around that same time we also had 2 Chrysler LHS sedans 1995 and 2000. some of them were better in some ways but the Maxima has alot of strengths and great built quality and the gas mileage is impressive for a car its size, and the fact its a performance car which is why it requires premium gas. The ride is superior, quiet and very quick. Great brake performance and its roomy.

A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing

by dave from Houston, Texas on Sat Sep 15 2012

I travel a lot (2000 miles a month). Needed something comfortable. I got a great deal on a white Maxima with the limited addition package. Cloth seats, no navigation, no sat radio. Dealer gave me a great deal. Car has been flawless in its first 6000 miles.

Not bad for a Maxima

by Car Guy from Charleston, SC on Fri Sep 06 2013

Had a 2004 Maxima SE. Bought a 2012 Maxima SV. Loaded, all options including Sport Package, Tech Package and Entry Lighting etc.... It's a big car with a small car feel. Drives and handles well. I would say its a "Infinity Light". I would like more power and a all-wheel drive option. (GTR)

Nice Ride

by chinolino from Greenville Texas on Fri Dec 16 2011

My Previous car was a 2001 Maxima 136000 miles no mechanicals problems . this new Maxima is very quite and Great performance . Downside use premium gas !

Best Car I've Owned

by R. Echevarria from Scottsdale, Arizona on Wed May 22 2013

It's been 3 weeks since I bought this car and so far my experience has been satisfactory. The car is so quiet and so smooth when you accelerate. The only gripe I have is the paint. I have to touch up some areas especially on the front bottom caused by flying small rocks. Also, the power passenger seat is different from the driver's side where you can also adjust the seat in so many ways. The power passenger seat is only capable of reclining and moving it forward & backward and you can't raise or lower the seat.

BEST CAR I EVER HAD!

by luvmyMAX from New Jersey on Tue Jan 08 2013

I just purchased my 2012 Nissan Maxima on Dec. 10, 2012. I love it! The car I traded in was a 2003 Maxima, and I bought it brand new. I owned it for nine and a half years, and it was the best car ever OWNED! It had 137,000 miles on it. The reason I purchased another Maxima, is because it was a great car! I love my new one, and PRAY TO GOD it lasts as long, or even longer, then my 2003.

Maxima SV

by Macima4Life from on Wed Apr 19 2017

Total adore this car. From interior to exterior. Totally love it. Seats are so comfortable. The boss system is amazing.

Very nice car but leather seats are hard

by xanadu from Tennessee on Thu Aug 23 2012

We enjoy the car and its features but find the leather seat hard and gets uncomfortable on a long drive. We are hoping the seats will soften up over time.

Luxurious ride at reasonable price.

by Car Person from York, PA on Wed Jan 16 2013

My wife is the primary driver and loves her Maxima. She chose it over Acura, Genesis, Lincoln and Cadillac. Great looks, visibility, handling, powerful 290hp, quiet and easy entry/exit. Dual sunroof and Bose Sound are first rate. Only complaint is gas mileage, barely over 20 mpg. Also requirement for Premium gas seems excessive. Next time I'm certain Maxima will be at top of her "must drive" list.

Impressive Maxima

by MightyMax from Atlanta, GA on Sun Dec 04 2011

My previous Maxima was 2 years old with 1 year remaining on the lease. I was very happy with it, had no intention of trading it, but when Nissan sent me a mailing offering high trade in values, I thought I'd just take a look at the 2012 model, and see what my Maxima was worth. I ended up driving out with a 2012 Maxima SV Premium with much lower lease payments than my 2010 Maxima SV, but the big surprise was how well the new Maxima drives. I was in love with my old Max, but the new one has made huge strides in the levels of refinement. Every mechanical aspect has been improved. The steering is beautifully direct, the brakes are more linear, the engine is smoother and quieter, and the CVT has been very significantly improved. I was never enamoured with the CVT, but now there is no reason to avoid this car because of it. Place the gearshift into D Sport mode and the CVT simulates a conventional stepped 6 speed transmission, albeit a very responsive and smooth one. There is no hesitation common with other manufacturer's transmissions, and none of the revving typical of other CVT's. The interior is sumptious. The soft, perforated Cafe Latte leather is now more of a cream color than the tan of previous model years, and together with the light colored double-stitching, the lighter colored seating and carpets provide a tasteful contrast with the soft, textured black dash, the black steering wheel and upper door panels. The simulated woodgrain looks real enough, and compliments the upscale interior. The big surprise is the ride. For such a sporting car, the Maxima rides almost on air. It remains unruffled and composed across almost any surface, with no harshness transmitted to the passengers. Nissan engineers know how to design suspension systems. The Winter-Frost exterior remains as voluptuous as ever, with tasteful curves and feline haunches. The paint is flawless, has a deep luster, and the panel gaps are tight. I love the way it looks. As expected, the 3.5 liter V6 still performs like a Saturn V rocket engine, but with improved refinement. It amazes me how Nissan have improved essentially the same car over just a couple of model years. Now for the downside. The only negative is the back seat area which is rather small. Seating 3 adults across is tight, and the seatbelt buckles are a little difficult to latch with a child's car seat in place. The same can also be said for the Lexus LS350, which I also looked at. Other than this, the Maxima is an extremely solidly built, very powerful car which does everything well, and feels like it costs a lot more than it does. Brand names do nothing for me - I prefer substance over snobbery, and having a top-flight Nissan of this quality instead of a luxury brand is fine with me. This is why I keep coming back to Nissan.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Maxima

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2010 about the 2010 Nissan Maxima. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the three model years.

The large sedan is making a comeback these days, and the Nissan Maxima succeeds because it doesn't equate lots of interior space to whalelike exterior dimensions, making it enjoyable to drive.

It has sporty ambitions, despite the fact that it's a front-wheel-drive car that packs a continuously variable automatic transmission. The Maxima is also comfortable and well-equipped, and some trims have extremely competitive pricing.

While 2011 versions of the full-size... Read More