2013 Maxima

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Sporty Sedan

by Former Acura Driver from Austin TX on August 15, 2013

Having driven two Acura's over past 17 years, I was due for a new car. Looked at Infiniti, Acura, Lexus and Audi for 4-door adult sedan with style, performance and quality. Overall, the 2013 Maxima SV Premium was easily the best choice, and was many, many thousands less in price than the competition. After 6 months, am very happy with my choice. The engine revs quickly, runs strong, the CVT manual mode is a blast to drive, the interior is equal to any of above, the quality is definitely there, the ride quality is smooth without being harsh like the Infiniti but still feels very much in tune with the road. This is a great car for anyone looking for a very sweet ride for under $40K, and with incentives can be had well off list price.

3RD Maxima

by Wyatt from DC on August 13, 2013

This is my third Maxima, and over all they have been good vehicles. I have had a 2004, 2011 and just picked up a 2013. The 2013 and 2011 are the same exact vehicle with the exception of some very minor cosmetic changes and the center stack is different because of some added options to the 2013. The one thing I will say, i am six feet even and I found that my driving position (2011 and 2013) has massive blind sports to both sides because of the A-Pillars. I am used to this now, so getting in the 2013 I was not bothered by this. The OEM tires will wear out pretty quickly and they are summer tires, roll over to all season and you will be happier for it, its labeled a sports car, but it really is not. It is a good car for getting around in and on long trips, but also serves me and my family well with the spacious back seats. It handles well and has more then enough power when it comes time to make a pass or get in to traffic. Overall smooth ride, handles well and has a quite ride with the windows up. Easy to carry a conversation at highway speeds.

Perfect Car

by Teh Max from PA on March 12, 2014

I bought the 4 door Max in may 2013. First off one of the reviews gave this car 2 out of 5 for the head rest. You don't give a car rating of 2 out of 5 because you didn't test out the car before you bought it. It seems to me that is a minor detail at most drop one star off the total. I am 6' 2" and I have a lot of room. I took a 3 hour drive with 4 passengers in heavy snow and I would say this car is the best I ever drove in the snow. Lots of room for everyone in the car. Handles really well. The power is really awesome but if you punch it too much you will get really bad gas miles but that is not the reason why you get this car. I drive highway and can get around 27 MPG without punching it. I would have to say most of you would get around 23 - 25 mpg. This is based on the car's MPG display. As for the look of the car, I think the body is very nice. I have had no problems so far and can't complain just yet. If I do have problems I will write another review.

This is a great car

by Mike S D from Kinnelon, NJ on August 27, 2014

My 2011 Maxima is simply a fantastic car. everyone that gets in it loves it. When they drive it they love it. I'm 50 years old and have had many cars, driven many cars...the combination of size, sport, luxury, quality, and style can't be beat. 40k miles and not one issue other than I can't wait to drive it every day!

My second Maxima! Money well spent.

by Maximalover from Denver, Colorado on April 4, 2017

I had a 2010 same generation Maxima and loved it even though I had steering issues caused by the front strut mounts. I had it fixed twice and eventually traded it in on an Audi A4. Now, I have a used 2013 Maxima and love this car even more after driving the Audi for a year. Oh, what a huge let down the Audi was after owning a Maxima. I could no longer take the rattles and poor (I mean poor) overall performance of the Audi so I simply replaced it with another Maxima and could not be more pleased. I have yet to have even one issue with this 2013 Maxima. Money well spent for the power, style and feel of this car!!! Simply stated, the best car on the road in its segment. ... and there is a BIG difference between the the snobby Audi dealerships that won't honor their warranty at all and the friendly and professional Nissan dealerships. That in itself is a true reflection of a quality Nissan product.

Amazing , outstanding vehicle, best purchase ever!

by Proud owner from Orlando, Fla on June 8, 2017

This car is amazing. It's fun to drive. It's looks hot and it is the best car that I have ever driven. When I'm driving I feel like the road belongs to me. It's like I own the road and the other cars are invisible. Im a proud mother of a 2013 Nissan Maxima!!! Beep beep !!!!

Best Performance Car I've Owned

by Love This Sports Car from Texarkana, AR on July 1, 2013

This is my second Nissan Maxima that I have purchased. The one that I traded, for this one, was a 1995 and I purchased it new. It was a great car and performed well. This 2013 have improved tremendously and is awesome in performance. The driving techniques is great. The smooth ride is great and the overall premium package is totally great. It is easy to see that I made the correct choice, AGAIN.

Performance like a boss!

by My first Nissan from Emigsville, PA on May 8, 2014

Purchased my 2013 Maxima in November 2013 and I love it! Previously owned an Acura TL, never wanted to buy anything other than Acura until I test drove the Maxima, done deal from that point. Love the handling, acceleration and smooth ride. Took me some time to get used to the CVT transmission (bothered me that I couldn't hear the car shift gears). This car is great in the snow. Roomy interior (my fiance is 6'1" and fits comfortably) controls are laid out well. Exterior has a very classy look to it. There is one minor flaw in the design of this car...that is when backing up (unless your going straight back) it is very hard to see due to the head rests and design of the exterior. If you in the market for a new car, test drive the Maxima, you won't be disappointed!

Great Sedan

by James P. from oskaloosa, ia on October 23, 2014

I've driven Hondas my entire life so switching to Nissan was a challenge for me. I've very glad that I made the switch. I think the styling, performance, value, and options are all superior to my previously owned Honda Accords, S2000, and CRV. The fit and finish is similar to a Honda but the performance blows away any Honda I've ever driven. Styling is pretty solid. This vehicle was the first fully loaded vehicle I've ever purchased and I have not been disappointed. The only options that I do not like on the Maxima are the GPS Nav system and phone integration. I think car manufacturers should just give up on their Nav systems and imbed Google Maps. The Phone system integrates well with the Iphone 5S but provides very little control over configuration. Their is a very loud beep that occurs after every Siri request that is ridiculous. It is so bad that I have to monitor my volume control after I execute a SIRI command. The handling is a little loose but manageable. The power is plenty for me to get in trouble. Overall I think it is a solid 4 out of 5 and a 5 out of 5 for value.

the best car ever

by dream car from orange grove texas on November 1, 2013

happy happy happy with my new car it is ever thing you need all in one car I have had over 20 car in my life time but I am happier with this one

1 2 3 4