2013 Maxima

2013 Nissan Maxima

2013 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2013 Nissan Maxima?

Great Sporty Sedan

by Former Acura Driver from Austin TX on Thu Aug 15 2013

Having driven two Acura's over past 17 years, I was due for a new car. Looked at Infiniti, Acura, Lexus and Audi for 4-door adult sedan with style, performance and quality. Overall, the 2013 Maxima SV Premium was easily the best choice, and was many, many thousands less in price than the competition. After 6 months, am very happy with my choice. The engine revs quickly, runs strong, the CVT manual mode is a blast to drive, the interior is equal to any of above, the quality is definitely there, the ride quality is smooth without being harsh like the Infiniti but still feels very much in tune with the road. This is a great car for anyone looking for a very sweet ride for under $40K, and with incentives can be had well off list price.

3RD Maxima

by Wyatt from DC on Tue Aug 13 2013

This is my third Maxima, and over all they have been good vehicles. I have had a 2004, 2011 and just picked up a 2013. The 2013 and 2011 are the same exact vehicle with the exception of some very minor cosmetic changes and the center stack is different because of some added options to the 2013. The one thing I will say, i am six feet even and I found that my driving position (2011 and 2013) has massive blind sports to both sides because of the A-Pillars. I am used to this now, so getting in the 2013 I was not bothered by this. The OEM tires will wear out pretty quickly and they are summer tires, roll over to all season and you will be happier for it, its labeled a sports car, but it really is not. It is a good car for getting around in and on long trips, but also serves me and my family well with the spacious back seats. It handles well and has more then enough power when it comes time to make a pass or get in to traffic. Overall smooth ride, handles well and has a quite ride with the windows up. Easy to carry a conversation at highway speeds.

Perfect Car

by Teh Max from PA on Wed Mar 12 2014

I bought the 4 door Max in may 2013. First off one of the reviews gave this car 2 out of 5 for the head rest. You don't give a car rating of 2 out of 5 because you didn't test out the car before you bought it. It seems to me that is a minor detail at most drop one star off the total. I am 6' 2" and I have a lot of room. I took a 3 hour drive with 4 passengers in heavy snow and I would say this car is the best I ever drove in the snow. Lots of room for everyone in the car. Handles really well. The power is really awesome but if you punch it too much you will get really bad gas miles but that is not the reason why you get this car. I drive highway and can get around 27 MPG without punching it. I would have to say most of you would get around 23 - 25 mpg. This is based on the car's MPG display. As for the look of the car, I think the body is very nice. I have had no problems so far and can't complain just yet. If I do have problems I will write another review.

This is a great car

by Mike S D from Kinnelon, NJ on Wed Aug 27 2014

My 2011 Maxima is simply a fantastic car. everyone that gets in it loves it. When they drive it they love it. I'm 50 years old and have had many cars, driven many cars...the combination of size, sport, luxury, quality, and style can't be beat. 40k miles and not one issue other than I can't wait to drive it every day!

Amazing , outstanding vehicle, best purchase ever!

by Proud owner from Orlando, Fla on Thu Jun 08 2017

This car is amazing. It's fun to drive. It's looks hot and it is the best car that I have ever driven. When I'm driving I feel like the road belongs to me. It's like I own the road and the other cars are invisible. Im a proud mother of a 2013 Nissan Maxima!!! Beep beep !!!!

My second Maxima! Money well spent.

by Maximalover from Denver, Colorado on Tue Apr 04 2017

I had a 2010 same generation Maxima and loved it even though I had steering issues caused by the front strut mounts. I had it fixed twice and eventually traded it in on an Audi A4. Now, I have a used 2013 Maxima and love this car even more after driving the Audi for a year. Oh, what a huge let down the Audi was after owning a Maxima. I could no longer take the rattles and poor (I mean poor) overall performance of the Audi so I simply replaced it with another Maxima and could not be more pleased. I have yet to have even one issue with this 2013 Maxima. Money well spent for the power, style and feel of this car!!! Simply stated, the best car on the road in its segment. ... and there is a BIG difference between the the snobby Audi dealerships that won't honor their warranty at all and the friendly and professional Nissan dealerships. That in itself is a true reflection of a quality Nissan product.

Great power and great design

by Rmason from Cheyenne,wy to FL, to Tenn and back on Thu May 24 2018

This car has been a great car plenty of legroom great size trunk good performance and power under the hood I just need to upsize to an SUV

Made for Me!

by D. Edwards from Temple Hills on Sun Mar 19 2017

When I went into buy a car, the car I took home didn't even made the initial list. This was the one to catch my eye, after we saw all the cars on the lot. It was a great price and had the bells and whistles I wanted. I had to retire my trusted steed. I feel safe driving my new car!

One of the nicest cars for the money

by Matt from Peoria, AZ on Sun Apr 09 2017

I test drive a lot of cars to replace my 2013 maxima. It was so hard to find something that was as fast, road as nice and was as quiet, especially in the same price range. It was impossible.

This is a very sporty luxury car!

by Bennetdj from Vancouver, WA on Tue Nov 28 2017

I purchased this car used about 2 years ago. I purchased it due to the relative value for the type of car that it is. It is a very comfortable luxury car without the luxury car price tag. It also has a very sporty feel to it when driving. Very powerful with quick acceleration and it has all the amenities you could want. My only complaint is that mine has Bluetooth connectivity for making phone calls, but not for media. Kinda cheesy that you have to purchase higher upgrade to be able to play music through the Bluetooth connection. If you are considering purchasing one of this vintage know that in order to have Bluetooth connection for media you have to have the navigation option. Other than that one little issue though I am very happy with this car!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2013 Nissan Maxima

The aging Nissan Maxima needs a makeover, but Nissan would do well to preserve the car's driving fun — a strength that could lure a few shoppers to the current car even in its twilight years.

The seventh-generation Maxima has been in showrooms since mid-2008, slotting above the Altima as Nissan's flagship sedan. That's more of a reference to the car's premium amenities than to its size; it remains smaller than traditional full-size flagships like the Toyota Avalon and Chevrolet Impala. Therein lies the Maxima's chief limitation, and it's something the car's fun factor has never fully made up for.

We tested a Maxima 3.5 SV amid several full-size sedan competitors as part of Cars.com's $38,000... Read More