2006 Murano

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

I'm on my second one!

by "It's a Murano thing" from Minneapolis, MN on April 4, 2007

I love my Murano so much that I traded in my 2004 for a 2006 and couldn't be happier! Easily the best vehicle I've ever had. Previous cars include the Accord, Altima and Maxima. I'd purchase another tomorrow! This SUV drives like a sports car and the power you get is nothing less than exciting. For those of you who have a Murano, you know the real meaning of the phrase "Its a Murano thing!" Cheers!

Great Crossover!

by Murano Maniac from Palmetto, FL on October 2, 2008

Both my sister-in-law and brother-in-law have Muranos. They had said how great it was. I just purchased an 06 Murano and they were right. I love it. I particularly like the CVT transmission. No matter how hard you hit the gas, you do not feel it shift at all. The V6 is very powerful and the right size for this vehicle. It does feel a little top heavy on the on/off ramps, but I would highly recommend it to my friends and family.

Great Car for the Money, if You Can Afford to Fix

by tayannmarch from on June 22, 2017

The Nissan Murano is a beautifully made vehicle from the outside; however, underneath the hood is it's true downfall. CVT Transmissions are known for their swift, effortless shift. The CVT is a belt, similar to a snowmobile, that runs on a track; fastens when you accelerate, and slows when coming to a halt. That is, if you can get it not to slip. Much like the Saturn Vue that I also owned, warranting the same CVT Transmission, it's major fault was not being properly adjusted for long enough periods of time. Not shifting, to switching gears, this car isn't the most ideal to drive; but the looks and comfort the exterior and interior provide make the car 50% worth the purchase.

A good family car

by Stanley from Atlanta, GA on May 2, 2017

We gave this car to maintenance on time. (oil, filter, water, alignment) This car is a good family car, comfortable and reliable, took us to have beautiful times of road trip. (From Atlanta to Baltimore, Mobil of Alabama, Miami, smoky mountain, and savannah)

How can I maintain my Gearbox and change

by REQUEST from Abuja on March 28, 2018

How can I maintain my Gearbox and change the transmission oil??? And how can you help me enjoy my 2006 Nissan Murano??? If not excellent

Does not recommend this car!!

Good SUV

by 1970Mustang from IA on November 21, 2011

Drives and rides great, looks good in and out. Only complaint are the repair costs, outragous, would not buy unless covered.

Former Dream Car...

by Ashley M from Fort Myers, FL on July 14, 2013

I bought a used 2006 Nissan Murano SL in 2010 with only 33,000 miles. The day after I brought it home I noticed really loud squealing when reversing the car and I had issues with the steering. The first year I owned the car I replaced the power steering hose and the rotors to try to reduce squealing, but that did not work apparently it is a common problem with these cars. The next year I replaced the axel because the boot had a crack and it ended up being cheaper to replace the whole thing. This year I just had to replace the hub bearing and CAM sensor for about $750. I also found out the other hub/wheel bearing is about to break. I have decided to trade my Murano in due to the fact I have had so many issues with the car and I still owe money on it. It is a beautiful car the paint has held up well the interior looks great, but it has cost me too much money in repairs. The CD player also stopped working this year.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Car So Far

by Happysantosh from Chicago on September 24, 2010

I am kind of person who keep replacing cars every year.So i try buying couple years old reliable cars.This is an upgrade from rsx.So far i am very satisfied with this car.The mpg is little annoying but cannot expect more from SUVs.I am getting 18/24.If the air pressure is below 31 (even one tire) i get 15 around in city.Highway consistently i get 24.as i use regular so that's fine for me. Regarding performance,it exceed my expectation.The interior is very nice.the key less entry and start is my favorite feature. I always compared this to my 2003 X5 (20034.4).There are many feature which are nicer in murano then X5.But i always felt that X5 has nicer road grip and view. Overall i am happy with this car.

Gas hog

by Tom from Pittsburgh on March 2, 2010

The car handles great, very powerful and looks great. Everything you would expect except for the advertised gas consumption. 19 city??? I've been watching the fuel econ screen and trying to drive in a manor that will give me better gas milage... I can't seem to get it over 14.5 miles per gallon. Also, this may be an oddity... but I pushed down the AWD Lock and if fell through the console?? Other wise... I love it.

Love my MURANO

by KMCD from Central CA on July 23, 2014

So i bought this car with pretty high milage 146k but in great shape and have now put an additional 36K on it. I have replaced the steering hose $387 Repaired the AC TXV $800(ouch) One front axle $200 So was it a good deal? I love the car it drives great, is very comfortable, is a quite ride. I think it looks great. Room for two kids and a dog. I tow my small boat with it. Has lots of features that you wouldn't expect in an 06 and won't let you down when getting on the freeway. Have taken it camping the AWD works great. I don't want to put more money into it but to a point I will. My understanding is that after 2007 they have less problems

1 2 3 4