2012 Murano

2012 Nissan Murano

2012 Nissan Murano

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Murano?

Very Happy Murano customer

by Mongrel 1 from Illinois on Sat Mar 24 2012

My wife and I just bought our 4th Murano. Our first (2003) had just under 60,000 miles when traded, had nothing done to it except a safety recall (alternator replacement). Our second (2007) Murano was lost when someone wiped the front end off it after only 2500 miles. 4 people in it, all air bags released and only scratches. Went out and bought 3rd Murano (2007) after deciding it was the safest car we had ever been in. Just traded that one for a new 2012 Platinum SE. Wife loves how it handles, sits up, the navigation, bluetooth, power rear hatch, regular gas, just all about the car. It rides better than our 2007's, has nicer interior materials and has features not even available in 2007. The HID headlights are beyond great, yet are only standard on the SE now. NOTHING was done to any of these cars mechanically, something I can't say about my domestic cars. If this car is as good as our others we just might have to buy a fifth. By the way, our license plate reads "Murano 1"

Everything I wanted

by clappdrive from Manassas VA on Sun Mar 11 2012

The Nissan Murano is everything I was looking for. I needed specific things in a new car, leg room, Navigation system , luxury (comfortable) seating and red. A-6' tall person can and will need to sit directly behind the driver in this car, comfortably. The Navigation System is in color, and can show different views. I love the 3-D views. the street names are clearly shown. I bought a red and beige one. Handles well and Love that it takes regular gas

Holds its value.

by NewMurano from Baltimore, MD on Mon Dec 24 2012

I brought this car as a replacement for my 2004 which was demolished by a deer. The 2004 after 7.5 years held 40% of its value when it was totaled. The 2012 is an updated version of the SUV. It's fun to drive, has excellent pickup and has good hauling capacity. The updated dash is a little confusing, because of all of the features and personal setting at your disposal (keep the manual handy). The power cloth seats are comfortable and provide excellent back seat riding for my 6'4" son. What I love most about this vehicle is the way it handles. It drives like a car, yet give you lite hauling capacity and is stylish.

Love the Qualityty

by MuranoHeaven from South Central Pennsylvania on Mon Sep 17 2012

I went into my new SUV search with no specific make or model in mind. I just wanted to find something that was beautifully stylish, good safety rating and would get me through the deep snows of this coming winter. I test drove the Nissan Murano and knew this was the vehicle for me. Silky smooth CVT shifting, nice strong V6 engine, AWD for the snow and gorgeous interior detailing and exterior design that is sharp looking. I chose the SL trim line with leather seats, moonroof, etc. Plenty of room to haul my dogs around in style and the many other items I move around for my work. It's like this SUV was built for me. The only slight disappointment I have is in the gas mileage being a little on the low side, (currently only at 21) but trade off for the V6 power and AWD it's still acceptable. Best vehicle I've ever owned and will hopefully own it for a long, long time.

One of the best cars I have owned

by Nissan/Honda Lover from Cihcago, Il on Mon Jan 14 2013

This is our second Nissan Murano, our first murano was 2005 SL AWD- also a truely nice car. We have roughly 2000- 2500 miles on it so far and just like the '05 it's very nice. I really like the fact that you can get so many options on the SL AWD now that was not available unless you got the LE AWD- that is very expensive! I do wish that the wood trim was available on the SL level as well, though.My wife is the regular driver of the Murano as well as the previous Murano, she said that she would only like to have another new body styled Murano, RX350, or a very over priced MDX ( which we like very much, but the price!). THe gas mileage is very good- have not taken on a long trip to check highway mileage, but only city mileage is 18-20 MPG! Would definately own another Nissan!

Good Car for the Money

by Gary D from Fort Myers, FL on Sun Oct 14 2012

This is the third car like this I have owed . Same color, type, style, interior, systems. I looked at other more expensive and big name cars but you can't beat the car for the money.

No finer Crossover out there!

by Crossover SUV Preferred! from Grand Junction, CO on Mon Apr 23 2012

Test driving this SUV is a blast. Not only is the CVT transmission smooth and precise but the ride is quiet and fairly smooth and you feel larger bumps just enough to keep you awake (but by no means harsh) through longer drives and the cornering is nice. The V6 has plenty of power. I do miss the fender flares that older SUV's had but overall style is still good but I could do without all the chrome inside and on the door handles. Would also be nicer if the backup camera (which should come standard on all SUV's and pickups for safety purposes) and stereo controls on the steering wheel and alarm system came standard on the base models for people that can do without the added cost of a dual moonroof and driver/ front passenger power seats on SV and higher trim levels. Kudo's on the backup camera which isn't a dinky and hard to see screen on a rearview mirror but is an easily seen 3 inch screen in the middle of the dashboard (other car companies should take this design to heart in their new vehicles) Also has a lower step in height and easier access to accomadate more people. My only gripe is that the better equipped SV models are a bit high on price and gray cloth interiors should be made available. Overall this is a better all around SUV as long as the higher price isn't a major issue. Otherwise I would recommend the 2011 which is still the same style.

Nice transition

by GONE AND WENDT from mississippi on Thu Aug 16 2012

We moved from a Suburban to a Maxima. This was just to drastic. The Maxima was a wonderful toy but did not provide the space and ease of entering and exit. The Murano seems to fit right inbetween the 2 of them. Great gas mil. as well as room and looks. I like the outside styling and the tight feel. It should be one that stays with us for awhile if it is as good as my other 5 Nissans were/are. This is my wifes car I drive a 2005 Titan.

Stylish power

by droid12 from Chicago, IL on Fri Oct 19 2012

I like my Murano all around. But certainly more enjoyable ride on a highway - CVT is very smooth and V6 gives enough power to pass comfortably. I also can get 20-21 mpg on a highway. In city mpg drops significantly, especially in traffic. The only thing I'd improve - is front door built-in pockets - can hardly fit anything in there.

Great crossover SUV

by Murano driver from PG County, MD on Sat Mar 14 2015

Purchased a 2012 Murano LE AWD with 25K miles, in great condition. A good drive and very quiet. Quality interior and love the features and it's spacious. Had experience with Nissan CVT before and even better here. With Nissan VQ 3.5 V6 and this CVT, very smooth power delivery. Mileage has been as EPA estimated and better on hwy. Fifth Nissan vehicle, all have been very reliable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Murano

The 2012 Nissan Murano remains a comfortable five-seat crossover body-type SUV with a higher-quality interior than you'd expect from a non-luxury brand, but shoppers should watch out for this Nissan's gas mileage.

Now three years into its second generation, the Nissan Murano is showing its age — not in the driving experience or its interior quality, but in efficiency. This stands out because the Murano was once one of the most efficient SUVs on the market, thanks to car-based construction and an efficient continuously variable automatic transmission, both of which were rare in the midsize class when the Murano made its 2003 debut.

What's New