2004 Pathfinder

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Mid Size SUV

by AG from Seattle, Wa. on November 8, 2011

I purchased my 2004 Pathfinder (Platinum 4wd) in early 2005. The 4wd is excellent, have driven in mud and snow and better than just about any other car that was out there with me. Reliability has been awesome, other than normal oil changes and tires at around 75,000 miles have not put any extra $$$$ into the vehicle. I wish it was a little more roomy, back seat is cramped for adults or even small kids if they are in car seats.

NISSAN KNOWS HOW TO BUILD EM

by Wild Bill from Grapevine , tx on April 11, 2012

I just said goodbye to my 2000 Pathfinder LE. Loved it, and It just saved my life. Got rear ended while waiting to make a left turn. Guy was doing 40-50. Spun me around 180 degrees. This SUV broke, crumpled and died ( totaled). It took all the impacted and spared me. Thanks Nissan. GREAT GREAT CAR. Very well make. Very reliable. Can't go wrong. Just watch that timing belt on 2000 and earlier. Little thirsty ( 16MPG)... but hey. It's quality.

Best SUV I've Owned

by Pathfinder Lover from Denver, CO on July 3, 2014

I have owned my 2004 pathfinder for over 5 years and I'm still so pleased with it. It has great power, sleek look, comfortable interior and has been so reliable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a used quality SUV.

This vehicle is incredible. Best I have ever owned

by Love My Nissan from Central Idaho on January 22, 2016

After 150,000 miles, my Nissan still runs like new. Can't bear the thought of ever parting with with it . . . . . so I haven't and probably never will. Way to go Nissan!!

Pathfinder se

by Rayssa from Denver cl on October 4, 2013

Bought a few months back I live in colorado winter just started handling the snow perfectly has heated seats windows even mirrors. Runs great and decent on gas for a smaller suv. Leather interior and room for 7 already been on a few road trips and did wonderful

Pathfinder LE Platinum

by Weekend Work Horse from New York, NY on January 25, 2012

This car was babied and it shows. I knew what I was looking for and the price I wanted to pay. The car has had some recalls but nothing major. I was in the market for this particular vehicle and waited for the right one to show up. Great car. I wish gas mileage was better but I love the look, the ride and all the features.

Mr. X

by nissan first time owner from Chicago suburbs, IL on May 16, 2006

I bought this 4 x 4 SUV brand new in July 2004, thus far there is no problem what so ever. It has sun roof, automatic climate control, Bose 6 CD changer,AM-FM/Satelite radio/Cassette Player & everything powered a little over for 27k with 3.5k year end factory rebate. It performed beautifully as expected with plenty of accelaration torque. I drove it through 2 cold winter seasons in Chicago suburbs like a hot knife cutting through butter. It's lighter and less bulky than the 4-Runner, which I looked at first before I decided to buy the Pathfinder (sorry Toyota !, because it's a better buy despites what the biased critics said). Well it's true, because the Nissan VQ engine is the only engine that has won 11 years straight of the "Ten best engine awards" up until now, not even Toyota. Just FYI, it has the same exact engine as the 350Z (VQ35DE).

Awesome truck

by IndyChris from Indianapolis, In on January 25, 2010

I bought my 04 Pathfinder in 06 w/18000. I'm close to 80,000 now and I've had no problems what-so-ever with this SUV. I feel very comfertable driving in in all conditions. I've also taken it on many long road trips and I can get 370miles on a full take using regular grade fuel. Everyone who rides/drives falls in love. I couldn't agree more that this year/style is by far a lot better than the 05-current pathfinder in both style and quality. The only thing I would change would be leg room for passengers in the back seat. If you're bigger or taller than average, than it'll be a little cramped. I would with out a doubt recommend this vehicle to anyone, friend or family.

Great but engine defect wipes out value *Warning*

by zoom24 from 149 Lexington Parkway N on August 29, 2016

Loved my pathfinder until the engine fell apart due to a known issue at 115k. If you have or want on I understand they are very nice, but make sure you have the locktite put on the power valve screws before the fall into your cylinder and destroy the engine. (Cost is about 200) Nissan had recalled the 2.5 liter engines also susceptible to this issue, but left the 3.5 liter owners holding the bag. When My engine failed at 115K they said too bad and it cost me $6k to fix. That said I will not purchase another Nissan and though I loved my car for years, can only give it 1 star.

Does not recommend this car!!

What a great suv

by Sharky from St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada on February 17, 2010

Great suv, reliable, no problems of any kind. Awesome BOSE stereo. In my opinion '04 are so much better looking than '05+. Gas millage is not bad at all. If you cant decide if you should buy this vehicle I will tell you DO!. I'm sad that I have to sell it. (Got a vehicle from work)

1 2