2004 Pathfinder

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Have you driven the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder?

Great Mid Size SUV

by AG from Seattle, Wa. on Tue Nov 08 2011

I purchased my 2004 Pathfinder (Platinum 4wd) in early 2005. The 4wd is excellent, have driven in mud and snow and better than just about any other car that was out there with me. Reliability has been awesome, other than normal oil changes and tires at around 75,000 miles have not put any extra $$$$ into the vehicle. I wish it was a little more roomy, back seat is cramped for adults or even small kids if they are in car seats.

Best SUV I've Owned

by Pathfinder Lover from Denver, CO on Thu Jul 03 2014

I have owned my 2004 pathfinder for over 5 years and I'm still so pleased with it. It has great power, sleek look, comfortable interior and has been so reliable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a used quality SUV.

NISSAN KNOWS HOW TO BUILD EM

by Wild Bill from Grapevine , tx on Wed Apr 11 2012

I just said goodbye to my 2000 Pathfinder LE. Loved it, and It just saved my life. Got rear ended while waiting to make a left turn. Guy was doing 40-50. Spun me around 180 degrees. This SUV broke, crumpled and died ( totaled). It took all the impacted and spared me. Thanks Nissan. GREAT GREAT CAR. Very well make. Very reliable. Can't go wrong. Just watch that timing belt on 2000 and earlier. Little thirsty ( 16MPG)... but hey. It's quality.

This vehicle is incredible. Best I have ever owned

by Love My Nissan from Central Idaho on Fri Jan 22 2016

After 150,000 miles, my Nissan still runs like new. Can't bear the thought of ever parting with with it . . . . . so I haven't and probably never will. Way to go Nissan!!

Pathfinder se

by Rayssa from Denver cl on Fri Oct 04 2013

Bought a few months back I live in colorado winter just started handling the snow perfectly has heated seats windows even mirrors. Runs great and decent on gas for a smaller suv. Leather interior and room for 7 already been on a few road trips and did wonderful

Pathfinder LE Platinum

by Weekend Work Horse from New York, NY on Wed Jan 25 2012

This car was babied and it shows. I knew what I was looking for and the price I wanted to pay. The car has had some recalls but nothing major. I was in the market for this particular vehicle and waited for the right one to show up. Great car. I wish gas mileage was better but I love the look, the ride and all the features.

2 Models, Both Excellent

by The Big D from Inglewood, CA on Wed May 02 2018

I test drove this and a 2001 model, and I love them both. The interior is comfortable and no none sense. the leather seats are adequate for a man of my stature ( 6'4") and I don't feel cramped like I would in a similar sized SUV. The V6 is top notch, with great performance and good gas mileage for a high revving engine. Both this and the 2001 model that I test drove performed without a hiccup, with both having 200,000 miles or more on the odometers. I recommend this vehicle for anyone that wants a comfortable, low maintenance, well performing used SUV. I am sure it could outrun many smaller sedans on the road and also out pack a lot of mid-sized SUV's with its interior space.

Reliable, handles well in snow

by Efirestone84 from Bend OR on Tue Aug 14 2018

I owned this car for 10 years and appreciated that it needed very little maintenance, always ran well and consistently, and had plenty of space for gear. It had plenty of clearance for dirt roads and deep snow.

Mr. X

by nissan first time owner from Chicago suburbs, IL on Tue May 16 2006

I bought this 4 x 4 SUV brand new in July 2004, thus far there is no problem what so ever. It has sun roof, automatic climate control, Bose 6 CD changer,AM-FM/Satelite radio/Cassette Player & everything powered a little over for 27k with 3.5k year end factory rebate. It performed beautifully as expected with plenty of accelaration torque. I drove it through 2 cold winter seasons in Chicago suburbs like a hot knife cutting through butter. It's lighter and less bulky than the 4-Runner, which I looked at first before I decided to buy the Pathfinder (sorry Toyota !, because it's a better buy despites what the biased critics said). Well it's true, because the Nissan VQ engine is the only engine that has won 11 years straight of the "Ten best engine awards" up until now, not even Toyota. Just FYI, it has the same exact engine as the 350Z (VQ35DE).

Awesome truck

by IndyChris from Indianapolis, In on Mon Jan 25 2010

I bought my 04 Pathfinder in 06 w/18000. I'm close to 80,000 now and I've had no problems what-so-ever with this SUV. I feel very comfertable driving in in all conditions. I've also taken it on many long road trips and I can get 370miles on a full take using regular grade fuel. Everyone who rides/drives falls in love. I couldn't agree more that this year/style is by far a lot better than the 05-current pathfinder in both style and quality. The only thing I would change would be leg room for passengers in the back seat. If you're bigger or taller than average, than it'll be a little cramped. I would with out a doubt recommend this vehicle to anyone, friend or family.

1 2

Our Take on the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Armada's brute power blows competition away

Toyota Motor Co.p. was the first Japanese brand to challenge Detroit in the full-size sport-ute arena. Now, two years after the arrival of Toyota's Sequoia, a second Japanese contender, the Pathfinder Armada, has been launched by Nissan Motor Co., and it finally seems like the Japanese mean business.

The 2004 Pathfinder Armada, much like its sister vehicle, the 2004 Titan pickup, is the first serious attempt to crack Detroit's stranglehold in the full-size truck market.

The Sequoia, as good as it is, always seemed like a middle linebacker on a diet, somewhat underequipped to be playing with the pros. Not so the Pathfinder Armada, which is the second... Read More