Model Details

4.2
Average based on 5 reviews

LOVE, LOVE, THIS VAN.

by from Tennessee on October 21, 2011

Wonderful van. My husband and I bought this new. We have enjoyed taking our 3 grandchildren places with us. I would buy a new one. But this one is still running great.

Very Good Family Car

by from Twin Cities, MN on August 14, 2006

This is my first Quest, and I like it very much. This is nice family car. I drove about 2K miles one way 3 times without major problems. Good gas mileage for the mimivan, about 25miles/galon on a highway. It is over 130K now and it is running very good. Very good investment.

Excellent value, very versatile

by from Midwest on February 28, 2009

Have had a '93 (143K when sold) and a '99 (101K now). A landlord, am able to haul tools and drywall or snowblower when needed. Van is great in snow. Also, rear window pops up from gate, so ladder hauling in interior is no problem. Able to drive to my office job, hauls clients without truck-stigma. Gets 20mpg. With leather, can haul spouse and dogs/easy cleanup. Very versatile, great all around. However, am kinda nerdy and never understood the must-have-an-SUV-thing. Don't put cheapest brake rotors on front, van is heavy and will warp them. Buy better quality rotors, much cheaper in long run and less annoying. Other than that, the only wierd thing is that carbon deposits have built up on the intakes of both the 93 and the 99. Although they say not-to (in the Haynes manual), I cleaned it with choke cleaner and the gas pedal loosened-up.

1999 Nissan Quest

by from California on May 21, 2006

The 1999 Nissan Quest is a very reiiable mini van. After 100,000 miles there was no mechanical problems with exception of a front boot that cracked. The engine has plenty of get up and go when you need it, like when you are merging onto the freeway, passing or getting into traffic from side streets. The air conditioner had the nice feature of a vent control for the middle seat. The only thing I would change is the front bumper that was low enough to scrape on any curb or wheel stop which happened a lot because of how far the front end stuck out in front of the wheels.

Not So Great

by from Spring, TX on July 22, 2009

This car, for the past several years now, has been in and out of the mechanic's garage. All of the major (and expensive) parts have just about been replaced on this car, I might as well have a new van by now. Unreliable