2014 Nissan Quest

Too early to know if it is a great buy.

by from Austin, TX on April 6, 2014

Coming from a 2003 Honda Pilot with nearly 200k miles I thought it would be a slam dunk that I would move on to the Honda Odyssey, but I didn't. But wait - let's start at the beginning. I am over six feet tall and my new teenage boy is already standing at six feet and one inch. He always complains about sitting in the seat behind his mother (5'7") and sitting behind me - forget about it. I went shopping for a van because I wanted captain's chairs in the second row and could only find this feature in Buick Encore and Chevy Traverse SUV's. I don't want a SUV because the fuel economy isn't great. I have two sons, I didn't want a bench for the second row where they can easily touch each other (okay fight). I looked at the Odyssey EX-L with Nav because I liked the ratings, it has cool features, and the Pilot held up well. However the price ($37,000 MSRP) was a problem and they didn't have many deals. Another problem is all the plastic on the Honda dash. I mean, really that's a lot of money for a bland interior. I looked at the Quest as almost an afterthought. I had owned Nissan/Infiniti in the past and know how much them value engine performance. Still, the outside appearance of the Quest looks like someone chopped off a part of the back. I took a test drive and really, the driver seat of the SL is comfy. I mean, I could really see doing a long drive in it. The dealer told me that Nissan has a VPP for select companies. Once I found the model that I wanted (well, close to the model I wanted) I was easily able to get the price from $36k to $30k for an SL with DVD. I didn't get a Nav because it is only offered with the top of the line $42k model. I thought I'd use my phone but who wants to use the data plan for that. Nuvi here I come. It's time to hit the road! And oh yeah, both kids love it. Kids love a minivan!

Really good after a substantial trip

by from Yorktown, VA on July 9, 2014

I just bought a new 2014 Quest SL and took it on a 2000 mile trip through the Northeast. It was very quiet and comfortable. I was a little suspect of the CVT, but it was very smooth and effective on this trip. My wife loves it. She was not tired after several days of 4 hour trips between sights. I love the huge space behind the back seats for storing out of sight both sets of golf clubs. It's brand new, so I can't speak to the reliability yet, but so far so good. The interior is efficient, the cruise was perfect, and did I mention how quiet it was. We plan to make a bunch of trips in this vehicle. I'd like to get better mileage but it is a big vehicle, so looks like we are going to live with an average of about 23 mpg, accounting for some stop and go traffic.

comfortable to drive seats are great

by from fountain hills,az on February 8, 2014

I was disappointed by not getting floor mats with the car. lots of storage.. not enough colors to pick from for the car.......

AMAZING MINI VAN

by from NY on January 31, 2016

WOW AMAZING MINI VAN I WOULD RECOMMEND ITTo see your review featured on Cars.com: Drive the vehicle before reviewing it. Focus on the vehicle's features and be specific.

I LOVE my minivan!

by from Guthrie, OK on June 3, 2017

I have owned more than my fair share of vehicles and this one by far is my favorite. I have 4 in car seats and this thing is SO convenient and more powerful than you would exprect with a minivan. It drives wonderfully! The middle console in the second row is removable and the drunk space AMAZING!

Great mini van for any family

by from Greer, SC on June 18, 2017

We love this van. The kids love it. The adults love it. It drives so nicely. We love taking it on trips.

We love our Quest!

by from 32223 on August 29, 2017

Awesome ride. Easily accessible 3rd row seats. Lots of extra storage :) Will be able to take the family and grand children in one safe and reliable van

Spacious van

by from Indianapolis on August 24, 2017

Love this van, super comfortable . Lots of room to spread out . Will be great for traveling. And being a family of five we absolutely need the space.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

ONE OF THE BEST MINIVANS OUT ThERE!!!!

by from Indianapolis on August 4, 2017

I have been dragging my feet about getting a minivan. I said that if I was going to get one I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I am a loyal Nissan Customer. After looking at Odyssey's , Siennas, Town and Country's, Pacifica's , and Sedona's . I reverted back to Nissan. Even though I am disappointed the Quest is not being made anymore, we found a used one that was loaded and low mileage! I chose to go with used over a new van. Again Loyal Nissan Customer. I am not disappointed with my choice!!!!