2007 Sentra

2007 Nissan Sentra

2007 Nissan Sentra

4.3

Have you driven the 2007 Nissan Sentra?

I Love My Sentra!

by Mr. Sentra 2011 from Raleigh, NC on February 14, 2009

I bought my Sentra used with 35,000 miles and it drives like it is brand new. The CVT is so smooth, you don't even feel when the car shifts. The interior is very comfortable and has alot of features seen in higher end cars. Visibility is pretty good, sometimes side views are a little poor but nothing too bad. I get usually around 29 mpg so not too bad either. The outside is not wildly exciting...but it is on par with a Corolla. The trunk is very large and has room for all your groceries or suitcases. Changing the oil is very easy and a full tank of gas costs no more than $25 bucks. The only real negative I think of for the car are the headlights. I feel like the headlights on the normal setting don't illuminate the road ahead very well...but that can always be fixed. Overall, this is a great car. The interior is daring, comfortable, and feels like a much more expensive car. The exterior is not head turning but not bad either. The driving experience is good, the car is zippy and can accelerate very well on highway enterance ramps. The drive is comfortable for all in the car, and the car is easy to clean both inside and outside. Also the Sentra has a very large two tiered glove box, so you have moe than enough room for everything. A GREAT CAR!

Not bad

by boom boom from nj on March 21, 2011

I bought it brand new and now I have almost 100k and I DON'T do a lot of highway driving. So after 3 years and 100k miles here is what I think: The car is reliable. I love the keyless option and the bluetooth. Engine is still very good and very quite. I changed tires 3 times.. $500 worth of work to the transmition (I forgot what happened to it) and that's about it.. I have a bmw that I drive on the weekends and I barely take care of the nissan.. I change the oil every 7 or 8k miles! I beat on it! I dont slow down no matter how bumpy the road is, clean it once every couple of months. But the car still runs not bad at all.. I mean it sounds like the tires are about to fall off on bumps but that's only shocks and other than that no major problems at all - at least not that I know of... It's a reliable car and I think I'll buy the same exact car again for work.

Proud Sentra owner

by CarFan from Washington, DC on November 21, 2011

I am lucky to get the 2007 sentra the current generation's beginner. what a great stylish car, roomy interior, NEVER felt compact car's inconvenience. great steering control, awesome pick up and quiet as still when idling. after a warm up I feel the smoothness in driving. also surprising is the trunk capacity as good as a mid-size car. The back seats can be pull forward to fold and clean under them. Large dash board box that can hold many items. overall looks cute and rich as an expensive car. So I am happy and proud of it. I was looking to get a Honda Civic and tired and mad of its price range. So I expanded my search into Sentra and never regretted a single minute. Thanks Nissan for having delivered such a wonderful product at an affordable price.

Great Value car

by new sentra fan from Ontario, Canada on July 31, 2008

i like the exterior styling best...looks like a mini altima/maxima on the side. CVT is great and the powerful 2.0L engine is comparabe to 1.8L in terms of gas mileage. some interior faults like over size driver side visor (keeps hitting the rear view mirror when pulling it down, it has no visor mirror. power door locks not automatic, door side pockets too small, radio lcd display is washed out under bright sunlight...still a great value car overall.

"The smoothest of the cars that I have driven"

by Andy from Boston on July 26, 2008

THe X-Tronic CVT (Contiunously Variable Transmission) is just awesome. No gear shifts at all. Very smooth acceleration. Brakes are very effective, Interior is well crafted, good mileage. Overall, a very good car...

Solid

by NoName from Boise ID on July 5, 2008

I've had this car for about 8 months. It has performed really well. I love the blueotooth and electonic key. In fact all the interior stuff is great. I get around 32 mpg on my commute. EXterior is a bit boring - but no worse than most.

IT HAS NO COMPETITION

by liljj1 from Bellevill, IL (minutes from St. Louis, MO) on July 20, 2007

Where do I start? Bought a 2007 SL in March 2007, and everyone loves my car and more than a few took my sales person's card to try and buy one. I get looks or compliments almost every other day. SO ROOMY (my 6ft 1in dad gets in and keeps his top hat on, plus has leg room; GREAT GAS (Sometimes I get up to 34 mpg and most times 30-32 mpg/28-29city); SLEEK STYLING (its so luxurious for under $20,000/I paid 17,9.--no one can believe I have Bluetooth; keyless entry; premium leather, sunroof, radio/cd/cruise control buttons on steering wheel, tire,door,radio,& speed sensors); SO SMOOTH (you feel no bumps in the road and for the major ones; its slight); POWERFUL (I don't care what anyone says--it keeps up whenever you need it to). BEYOND FUNCTIONAL (I had to buy a LONG screen door and b/c all the seats let down; I was able to haul it home--didn't have to go get my Chevy Suburban). ALL in all, I am beyond Happy with my car; so worth it and to all the haters...hate on.

Good grocery getter

by Daily Driver from Upstate, NY on September 29, 2011

My wife and I bought this last year w/ 22K and now its got just over 30K. Ours has the 6spd manual and the 2.0L. Been a great car, but as with anything, it has it's quirks. Pros: Very smooth riding; very quiet; no shaking inside; easy shifting transmission; easy clutch; great handling; lots of features and easy to use; very spacious and comfy interior; massive glove compartment and trunk. Cons: Tire pressure sensor light has been on since we bought it, but no low tire. Been replaced once, but came on again so we just left it on. We live in NY and the winter salt ate a hole in the exhaust pipe by the muffler. Muffler was $500 to replace and nothing aftermarket available, so I just clamped a coupler on the pipe. The gearing in the tranny is terrible and the motor doesn't have enough power to pull the weight. The gas mileage isn't bad, but it's disappointing for a Sentra. It averages 28mpg and the best we've gotten is 32mpg cruising; supposed to get 35mpg hwy. Overall, very good car. I think it should last a long time.

I love my Sentra!

by Jenni P from Arizona on April 11, 2007

I just bought this car a week ago, and have been really pleased with it! I have done both interstate drving and stop-and-go city driving, and I am still getting great gas mileage (31mpg). I got the SL with the leather and all of the bells and whistles, and I have to say, I feel like I am driving a luxury car, without the heavy sticker price! If you are some sort of car-buff, then maybe this car won't have the fancy handling or the horsepower, etc that you want-- but for me, it is perfect! It is reliable, quiet, just roomy enough without being bulky, and easy to drive. I have been thoroughly enjoying my 20+ minute commutes to and from work, and pretty much want to drive it every chance I get. Plus, with the new body style, it looks just like a mini Altima-- but I don't feel like a soccer mom! hahah! I would marry this car if I could. . . seriously, anyone looking for an affordable, cute little car, I would totally recommend it! Plus, you can get a pimped out version for about $20k! Hooray for the sentra! :)

Roomy and Lots of Features

by Green car Entrusiast from San Diego, Ca on December 29, 2006

Bought the car because of its many features, intelligent key, bluetooth, and roomy interior. It also has a smooth quiet ride and has a good feel to the road. I like the large trunk with a separator partition and the fold down rear seat that creates an area to carry large items. We've driven the car for 2000 miles now and have no rattles or road noise. Gas mileage rating was 29 city 36 highway. This is not obtainable, for I am getting 25 in combined driving, which was disappointing. 30 mpg maybe on trips only.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2007 Nissan Sentra

Nissan's all-new 2007 Sentra sedan is so much better than the outgoing model, comparisons are pointless. The previous generation was the stinker of the compact-car class, but this one is a solid competitor for the likes of the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.

Exterior & Styling
The new Sentra is larger by more than 3 inches in width, 2.3 inches in length, 4 inches in height and 5.9 inches in wheelbase. The new styling emulates the Altima midsize sedan, though possibly the previous-generation Altima, because it's less compelling than the new one. Nissan is keeping up with market trends by eradicating cheapo black-plastic side mirrors and door handles. Even the base 2.0 trim level has body-colored mirrors... Read More