2010 Sentra

2010 Nissan Sentra

2010 Nissan Sentra

4.4

Have you driven the 2010 Nissan Sentra?

A smooth, comfortable and economic ride

by z-man from Burlington, NC on February 8, 2011

I have owned over 10 cars, including one minivan in the last 15 years of my life. My latest vehicle is 2010 Nissan Sentra SR, and I can say that I am very pleased with the price, fuel economy, features, comfort and interior room. I have purchased the car brand new and have intention to keep it for at least 8-9 years. I do over 20,000 miles a year and this vehicle hits the bull's eye when it comes to my needs. I am on the highway daily, 60-80 miles at least. One of my needs is decent fuel consumption. With this car I have an average of 31.5 mpg so far. I have made over 16,000 miles since I got this car. What I like especially about this car is its CVT transmission. When car hits 70 mph, the engine revs on approx. 2000 rpm/min, 75 mph will increase rpm to approx 2250/min. It is very quiet and very comfortable ride. I appreciate this low level of noise and vibration on the long trips (over 500 miles one way), which I have one to three times a year. For those buyers who do not have needs for vast interior room, sport performance, luxury, and who do not have to have a prominent badge glued on the trunk and the hood, I would cordially recommend this car.

First car, first crash, still kicking.

by Eliz from on April 12, 2010

I was recently in a car wreck while driving my sentra. It was quite possibly the most terrifying experience of my life. I hit a guy head on because I didn't see him. The front of my car is pretty much done for, but I think I'd rather have that than me not being here to type this. It is definitely a good starter car. Great crash ratings and it's got just enough power to make it not so dangerous.. as long as you watch what your doing and check that stupid hill twice. Overall, it is most definitely a great car.

Practically suitable

by Consumer Car Enthusiast from Connecticut on June 18, 2011

I love cars! We bought the 2010 Sentra SR for my wife last year and she'll love just about anything built in the last 10 years that gets her from point A to point B. My assessment is this car is a great choice if you want an affordable compact sedan. I personally wouldn't enjoy driving it daily as my standard is much different from my wife's. Lot of road noise and the CVT tranny doesn't make for good throttle response. Seats are not comfortable. And while the high roof line makes for more head room, it causes the wind to push the car around on the highway (frightening!). With that said the gas mileage is great if you can control your "lead foot" and the styling is great. Also, as a long term vehicle it has a great drive train with the chain (not belt) driven 2.0L engine. And I must say, the steering is exceptionally responsive despite having a spongy suspension set up. Overall smart choice and better quality than Corolla and Civic. Hope this helps someone :-)

Great value for first car

by Value Buyer from Seattle on February 13, 2012

I just helped my 20 something daughter buy this car. She definitely had a budget and wanted to keep payments low. Could not believe how expensive most compact & subcompact cars are. The Sentra was substantially less than the Corolla, Civic and Mazda 3 whether it was new or used. After driving the Corolla, new Nissan Versa and Hyundi Accent, the low mileage used Sentra was by far the best value. We didn't even drive the Civic or Mazda3 as they were outside our budget. It is an attractive and comfortable car and has enough punch for my daugher's first car.

Great Sentra

by Flash from NC on April 2, 2012

This car rides and drive like a much larger car. I would recommend it to anyone. Great car. Quality is super. Mileage is verygood noise level is quiet. Try one and you will see for yourself. All controls are very easy to reach are simple to operate.

GOOD VALUE

by SENTRA OWNER from UPSTATE NY on April 7, 2010

ALTHOUGH I'VE ONLY HAD THIS VEHICLE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS SO FAR SO GOOD. GREAT VALUE AND SEEMS PEPPY ENOUGHT FOR THE 50 MILE HIGHWAY COMUTE EACH WAY TO WORK . OVER ALL ENJOYMENT FACTOR IS HIGH. FUEL ECONOMY IS INCREASING EACH DAY . AVERAGING 27.9 MPG AT THE WRITTING OF THIS REVIEW.

Best Car I have Ever Driven

by MnM from Atlanta, GA on October 13, 2009

I bought this car almost 2 months ago, and I am hear to say that it is the best car that I have ever driven. I only gave the comfort 4 stars due to the fact of the room in the back seat, but that is to be expected of a compact car. The Nissan staff has been helpful and it was a really relaxed buying experience. Coming out of a Ford this is a pleasent change. Becareful with the gas pedal though. I have already received a large ticket in this baby.

I love this little car

by Practical person from Long Island NY on September 19, 2010

Another Outstanding car fron Nissan! The car appears small but in reality it is not. I was going back and forth between the Civic and Sentra. I put them side by side, test drove them both and the Sentra beat out the Civic hands down. It handles better and has more "bells and whistles" for the same model. I got the SR and love it!

Reliable car I've own

by Skannie from Brooklyn, New York on July 22, 2014

I owned the 2009 Nissan Sentra, but this 2010 is well worth it. More features rides great, price was excellent. This sedan is a reliable car to own and I recommend it to all who wants a Sentra.

Great car Better value :)

by colalover25 from Concord,ca on July 11, 2011

this car is great it gets amazing gas mileage and the exterior design might be dorky to some but i think it has an elegant feel to it but if someone were thinking of getting this car i would suggest getting at least the 2.0 s unless your just looking for something simple and functional in which case the 2.0 is just right

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Nissan Sentra

Some cars get all the attention, and the Nissan Sentra isn't one of them. Its name isn't always uttered in the same sentences as models like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla, but after driving one it's clear that it should be; this car deserves to be on compact-car buyers' shopping lists. While you probably wouldn't regret getting a Civic or Corolla, the Sentra outdoes those cars in some areas and offers a number of upscale features for exceptionally affordable prices.

In the world of everyday, economy transportation, the Sentra is a pleasant surprise — a hidden gem for those willing to give it a try.

I tested an uplevel Sentra 2.0 SL. This trim level starts at $18,560, but with options its... Read More