2011 Titan

2011 Nissan Titan

2011 Nissan Titan

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Nissan Titan?

No nonsense Truck

by Workin' Man from Covington, Ky. on Tue May 10 2011

My 2010 King Cab Nissan Titan is not perfect, I would change a few things. First, any Truck with a rear window should be "power", not manual. I wish the floor in back was "flat". The P-R-N-D display is too small to see, needs to be BIGGER. The power window buttons are in the wrong place, but the steering wheel controls are perfect. The first 3 gears shift at the perfect time-RPM, but when it shifts to 4th, it almost immediately shifts to 5th. Going up a hill, I will manually shift from Drive to 4th, just so it won't shift to 5th. If I don't and I'm in 5th, and the RPM drops as does my speed, the Truck will down shift to 3rd rather than 4th. Just different than my old Dodge 150. Before I bought my Titan I researched on the Internet and visited Dealerships and my final decision was between Dodge and Nissan. I did not buy a Toyota Tundra beause they do NOT have a fully boxed Frame. A Tacoma does not have 4 wheel "disc" brakes. I did not buy a Ford F-150 because the Dealers would not come down very much on the Price. My Titan was $5000 less than an F-150 equally equipped. I did not buy a Dodge 1500 because they had a rear end bearing failure problem and their FIX did not satisfy me. Also the Dodge rear coil springs reduces payload. Again my Titan is not perfect, but at this point in time, it is hard to beat for the price. I got my 4x4 Titan with trailer hitch, alum. 18" wheels, captain seats for 26. At Ford, for about the same thing they wanted 32, but the F-150 DID have a "power" rear window. Everything else was about the same. In fact, I think my Titan is a better "looking" Truck and is equal (and in some respects better) to any 1/2 ton truck out there. Yes, I would buy another Titan, but I also wish they made a 3/4 ton Titan. Although, twice I have hauled "over" 2000 lbs. of topsoil, and that was not wise, but my Titan handled it Okay. I did not even consider General Motors because the company I work for only buys and uses Chevy 2500-3500 and they are ALWAYS breaking down.

Nice Truck, But Lacks Items

by Terry2u from Bessemer, AL on Tue Jan 31 2012

Very roomy interior for a large truck (crew cab). While the performance is ok, I do have to nit-pick a little. I understood going in that a full size pickup doesn't get great mileage, so I placed a K&N filter charger in it and the mileage improved to 16 1/2 mpg, combined. Not too bad for a truck this size. My main beefs with the truck are the lack of storage compartments in the front and the pitiful size of the console cup holders in the fold down center arm rest. If you have an over-size cup, look out during heavy braking. It will fly out of the cup holder. Nissan does put a fold down duel large cup holder at the bottom of the dash, but it's awkward to reach during driving, so I can't recommend using it, for safety reasons. I was expecting at least a storage compartment in the fold down center arm rest. There is none, which I consider a thoughtless item to omit. Every truck I ever owned has storage there, so for that reason alone, I have to rate the interior a 3*. A lack of an mp3 jack in the stereo is a bad oversight too, since most people use mp3 players these days to listen to music.. Now for the positives: Styling is very nice. The sloping grill gives an aerodynamic feel to it. The slide out step on the rear bumper makes it easier to climb into and out of the bed. Rides great for a truck, but can be rough on bumpy roads. Turning radius is tight, which is nice. Braking is good on any surface. The wide power rear window is top-notch in my book. The 8 speaker audio system sounds great. It also has 2- 12v power ports. Performance wise, the 5.6 V-8 is strong and responsive along with the 5 speed transmission w/ manual shifting capabilities. All in all, for the money, this is a good truck for the family or a work vehicle.

love it

by rk from Boise area on Wed Aug 24 2011

It has surpassed what I was wishing! it has plenty of power, ride is great! it's fun to drive! people are always saying, "Nice Truck"... only pit fall is gas mileage could be a little better! average around 16-19... but I knew that going in!

Not a bad truck.

by Truck Guy For Life from Pembroke Pines, FL on Mon Apr 09 2012

I've owned almost every make of truck before buying this Nissan. It was purchased to replace an F-250 that sadly blew an engine after only 90K miles. I was a little hesitant about the short bed after my previous truck's 8 footer but it still has enough space to run up a fairly large bill at the local home improvement store. The cab is extremely roomy with nearly as much room as the one I had before. The interior plastic seems a bit thin in some spots and it is almost impossible to keep clean. It shows every bit of dust and being a bit of a neat freak I'm vacuuming it every few days. The electronics work well and the Bluetooth is very easy to set up. Reading some reviews before buying I was aware of the gas mileage which isn't terrible. I'm getting around 16 city and 20 hwy., haven't towed my travel trailer yet so I can't say I've seen the worst yet. Exhaust noise is very noticeable. Having a diesel before I guess I was used to a loud truck, but anyone who gets in the truck wonders if I had any exhaust work done. Overall the truck has done very well. If you like the exterior styling which is a turn off for most buyers, the truck as a whole is a decent buy.

Great truck

by Viking Guy from Azilda ON on Mon Dec 05 2011

No complaints. Lots a room, have the crew cab long box 4x4 model which is a bit difficult to park and may not the best fuel economy, but both were expected with the purchase of such a large truck!

Pro-4X

by Mic40cal from Louisian on Sat Sep 17 2011

My 2011 Titan Pr0-4X has pletty of power. I traded a 2010 Chevy Z-71 in on it. The 5.6 has much better accleration than the GM 5.3, but does love the FUEL! I knew that going in, the it had less Fuel miles. It pulls my trailer well and rides great. I love the tow mirrors, the back up sonar and the bed rail system.

Great Truck on Long Hauls and Vacations

by Trish from Astor Fl on Wed Feb 28 2018

I do quite a bit of traveling by myself and with friends. This vehicle is roomy and travels wonderfully comfortable. I have been up and down the east coast traveling and this vehicle has travelled well. There is plenty of storage both inside and externally. The tow package is a great feature for towing U-Haul trailers.

a perfect blend of heavy duty and luxury ride

by luxury truck lover from Alexandria, VA on Tue Sep 24 2013

let me first say that i have become a truck enthusiast thanks to the Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I have ridden in many trucks and SUV's and by far, pound for pound the Titan is a perfect blend between sport utility and a luxury ride, it actually rides and handles better than our Infiniti M45 and the Titan is fully loaded with all of the creature comforts of any luxury car. On top of a great vehicle was the whole buying experience and the outstanding sales team that guided me and assisted me thru the process of making the perfect choice. I will most certainly come back to Nissan of Newport News in Virginia, where People like Jim Hernandez, Todd Teal and Paul Parker really listen and cater to what you are looking for and who are absolutely accommodating, professional, personable taking the time to ensure you leave over joyed with your purchase. You know good business is where you find it and it is people and products like this that create repeat business, it's like buying into a neighborhood, you just want to keep coming around. Thank you guys so much for the whole fun buying experience.

Great all around truck!

by Adam on Sun Aug 06 2017

Used it to tow my camper this weekend... almost forgot it was there. Lots of room front and back..!

Best truck I've ever owned

by Freddy T loving my titan from Athens ga on Sun Jun 11 2017

This truck has met all my needs and is very stylish with plenty of leg room and power it's also way more affordable than a Toyota

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Nissan Titan

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2010 about the 2010 Nissan Titan. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

With all-new half-ton pickups from Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC and Toyota hitting the market since 2007, the light-duty truck segment is experiencing a wave of new products not seen since the early 2000s. Meanwhile, over in Nissan's stable, the Titan — introduced in late 2003 with the ardor of a presidential bid — soldiers on. Its reliability has been spotty over the years, and it still doesn't offer a V-6 engine or regular-cab configuration. That means... Read More