4.4
Average based on 9 reviews

Tired of my Olds GLS

by from Des Moines, IA on February 11, 2010

I purchased my 2001 Olds Silo GLS brand new in Feb. 2001, and also purchased an extended warranty to 5 yr/75,000 miles. I'm glad I did. I have had many, many problems with this vehicle, mainly electrical. Battery shorted out, problems with power doors, heated seats, dash and steering wheel lights that go out, cheap plastic parts that break and cost an outrageous amount to fix. I also have had to replace the head gasket at about 110,000 miles. I can't wait to save up enough to get something else more reliable. The vehicle rides real nice, when all the parts work.

I love mine

by from Moultrie, GA on July 26, 2009

My minivan does really good. Have no complaints. It has a nice and supple ride. It has great acceleration. Gives out good gas mileage. Has electrical glitch with locks and power sliding door sometimes. Hate where the battery is located. Just about have to be a mechanic if you want to change it. Overall would strongly recommend it to anyone. Thanx.

Gotta Love It!

by from Detroit, MI on February 5, 2010

I purchased my Oldsmobile Sillhouette GLS used with just over 95,000 miles on it and I just love to drive it. Both of my kids enjoy riding in it and my wife is always trying to get the keys from me. The supple leather seats are exteremly comfortable and the engine is quite powerful for a vehicle this size. Gets better gas milage than my previuos car, a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34. The general ride is quiet and comfortable like a tall limo. Looks fabulous after a good car wash. I love it. So does the family.

I love this minivan!

by from Detroit, MI on February 5, 2010

I purchased my Oldsmobile GLS with just over 95,000 miles on it and it rides like I'm floating on cotton balls. The engine is very resposive to all of my inputs and gets impressive fuel economy for a vehicle this large. I have the extended version by the way. My only real gripe with it is, like the previous review states, that when I operate the side door behind the driver remotely, the door tends open back up on its own unless I lock the door before it can. My wife is constantly trying to get the keys from me and the kids love it too. I don't know how I've gone so long without having one of these.

Very few problems,great gas mileage!

by from Saraland, Al. on August 11, 2012

My children are grown, but love the comfort and reliabilty of my van and gas mileage, so I don't want to give it up.

love this vehicle

by from Leesburg, fl on April 23, 2014

We purchased in 2005 with 75000 miles and now have over 226,000. It is in the repair shop for the first time since we have had it for anything except your normal maintenance. No complaints from us.

Must reliable car I ever owned

by from Wittenberg WI on February 1, 2016

I look on line to replace my other Olds for tt was totaled out. I found this one and it is in great condition. It has more options then I knew about I love it and it handles great

Stay comfy while waiting for the tow truck!

by from Hoosierville on January 16, 2011

I loved this van, because it had so many nifty features and it was soooo comfortable....but....it seemed like barely a week went by without some minor or major problem, we kept it for around 3 years. After a few thousand in repairs, we cut our losses and bought a Honda minivan with 130,000 miles, which has been wonderful and now has 165,000 miles. I miss the comfort of the Silhouette, but I would not trade that for knowing we'll arrive safely somewhere.

Great

by from Baltimore, MD on October 5, 2010

Great Great Great Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!