2001 Silhouette

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette

$867 - $3,823  MSRP Range
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette

4.4

Have You Driven the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette?

Tired of my Olds GLS

by Practical Guy from Des Moines, IA on Thu Feb 11 2010

I purchased my 2001 Olds Silo GLS brand new in Feb. 2001, and also purchased an extended warranty to 5 yr/75,000 miles. I'm glad I did. I have had many, many problems with this vehicle, mainly electrical. Battery shorted out, problems with power doors, heated seats, dash and steering wheel lights that go out, cheap plastic parts that break and cost an outrageous amount to fix. I also have had to replace the head gasket at about 110,000 miles. I can't wait to save up enough to get something else more reliable. The vehicle rides real nice, when all the parts work.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love mine

by Shannon from Moultrie, GA on Sun Jul 26 2009

My minivan does really good. Have no complaints. It has a nice and supple ride. It has great acceleration. Gives out good gas mileage. Has electrical glitch with locks and power sliding door sometimes. Hate where the battery is located. Just about have to be a mechanic if you want to change it. Overall would strongly recommend it to anyone. Thanx.

Bought used in 2016

by Nsuttler from Tampa, FL on Sat Aug 19 2017

So I really want to give props to GMC for making such a quailty product. I bought a 15 yr old olds sil at 186,000 miles and drove it across the country 8,000 miles in 6 months with no problem except overheating in the Rockies (like 35 degree angles at 55 mph is a bit too much). That car was amazing, then some dude ran into me and I totalled it but I walked away without a scratch. My old boss wanted to use it one time fir his farmer's market and he was amazed at the leftover space he had. It was more spacious than most new vans these days. I took the seats out, built a folding futon and fit a bunch of stuff in it. As far as minor problems, there were some electrical issues in terms of windows, auto-opening door and whatnot but it's 15 yrs old so....

Gotta Love It!

by Mr Anderson from Detroit, MI on Fri Feb 05 2010

I purchased my Oldsmobile Sillhouette GLS used with just over 95,000 miles on it and I just love to drive it. Both of my kids enjoy riding in it and my wife is always trying to get the keys from me. The supple leather seats are exteremly comfortable and the engine is quite powerful for a vehicle this size. Gets better gas milage than my previuos car, a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34. The general ride is quiet and comfortable like a tall limo. Looks fabulous after a good car wash. I love it. So does the family.

I love this minivan!

by Mark from Detroit, MI on Fri Feb 05 2010

I purchased my Oldsmobile GLS with just over 95,000 miles on it and it rides like I'm floating on cotton balls. The engine is very resposive to all of my inputs and gets impressive fuel economy for a vehicle this large. I have the extended version by the way. My only real gripe with it is, like the previous review states, that when I operate the side door behind the driver remotely, the door tends open back up on its own unless I lock the door before it can. My wife is constantly trying to get the keys from me and the kids love it too. I don't know how I've gone so long without having one of these.

Very few problems,great gas mileage!

by Forever van from Saraland, Al. on Sat Aug 11 2012

My children are grown, but love the comfort and reliabilty of my van and gas mileage, so I don't want to give it up.

love this vehicle

by pat from Leesburg, fl on Wed Apr 23 2014

We purchased in 2005 with 75000 miles and now have over 226,000. It is in the repair shop for the first time since we have had it for anything except your normal maintenance. No complaints from us.

Must reliable car I ever owned

by Olds nut from Wittenberg WI on Mon Feb 01 2016

I look on line to replace my other Olds for tt was totaled out. I found this one and it is in great condition. It has more options then I knew about I love it and it handles great

I liked it!

by Clint Williams from HARTLAND, MI on Tue Oct 24 2017

I bought it used with miles, but it ran well and was very comfortable. After driving it for a year I started having electric problems. If I were a mechanic I may have kept it,but not knowing I didn't want to put a lot of money into it.

Stay comfy while waiting for the tow truck!

by Mom's Taxi from Hoosierville on Sun Jan 16 2011

I loved this van, because it had so many nifty features and it was soooo comfortable....but....it seemed like barely a week went by without some minor or major problem, we kept it for around 3 years. After a few thousand in repairs, we cut our losses and bought a Honda minivan with 130,000 miles, which has been wonderful and now has 165,000 miles. I miss the comfort of the Silhouette, but I would not trade that for knowing we'll arrive safely somewhere.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Oldsmobile's swan song is steeped in irony, if for no other reason than General Motors is killing off the division that currently produces GM's best vehicles.

Let the arguments begin, all you fans of Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC and Pontiac. But I'm certainly not alone in believing that Oldsmobile's demise is more a failure in marketing and advertising than it is in product, that the cars and trucks than carry the nation's oldest brand are the best examples of GM's family of shared platforms.

Here's a perfect example: the Oldsmobile Silhouette. A luxury liner that competes with segment leader Chrysler Town and Country, Silhouette is not just a craft laden with features and gizmos, but a... Read More