2000 Pontiac Firebird

Crash Experience

by from Miami, Fl on October 2, 2010

I have always loved the Firebird/Trans Am. I've now had 3, a 1989, a 195, and most recently, a 2000. While shopping recently, I found a great deal on an immaculate 2000 Firebird Convertible. Red/Black... Beautiful car.... The exterior styling is incredible, and the car looks awesome with the top down.. Performance was always great, whether on the freeway, passing another car, or from a dead stop trying to jump out into traffic.. always plenty of power to spare. However, my highest commendations on this car go to how its design protected myself and my passenger in a recent crash. While on a North Carolina freeway, we hydroplaned in the rain. My passenger's mother was in the car in front of us, and saw the whole thing happen. We did 3 complete 360's, crashed into the center guardrail of the interstate, and kept going, taking out about 80' of the guardrail. The damage to the car is extensive (in fact, it is totalled), but neither I nor my passenger had a single scratch on us. The low, wide stance, I believe, kept us from rolling over. The very thick doors protected my passenger from the guardrail, which ripped open the passenger door's outer panel like a can opener. The deep bucket seats with their ample supports kept us both firmly in place, and kept us from getting jostled and knocked around. We aren't even sore! The car performed amazingly!! While it saddens me to have one more of these amazing cars taken off the road, I am already shopping for my next one!!!

Great car for the money

by from Fort Lewis, WA on May 3, 2009

I have a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am an its been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. Great styling-I always get comments on how great looking of a car it is. You definitely can't beat the performance for the price-especially now. The LS1 engine is awesome an nearly bulletproof, Ive overheated mine before due to a faulty radiator cap but it still runs awesome an doesn't skip a beat-the car itself will probably fall apart before the LS1 does. The only things I didnt like were the plastic interior wears easily and the window motors are a bad design so they go out alot-theres also alot of other little things but im not gonna nit pick-the Trans Am is an awesome car an I definitely plan on keeping mine for awhile.

no regrets

by from Lindenhurst,ny on November 20, 2010

I bought my 2000 trans am 8/22/10 and expected some problems. So far its like a brand new car! This car is better then any new car I have ever owned!

My Dream Car

by from Middlebury IN on November 21, 2011

I have wanted a Trans Am since I was 8. I bought mine last year. It has 65,000 miles and I have had no issues with it. Super reliable and fast, and surprisingly not too bad on gas.

Firebird

by from Houston on December 21, 2012

Pontiac Firebirds are great cars, wish they would bring them back! I have a brand new Camaro and although my Firebird is older is still can keep up with it!!!!

A classic muscle car

by from Charleston, SC on May 6, 2014

I have a red T-Top 5.7L model and love it. I get looks, smiles, and plenty of waves from strangers as I drive by. The power is incredible, a very muscular beast. Some say these are old school but I say they're a classic through and through. Problems have been minimal. I can work on this car. I'm proud to say I have a Pontiac!

A true muscle car!

by from Illinois on June 24, 2007

I enjoy driving my Trans Am. I have owned 3 Trans Ams in the past twenty yeasrs, and this is the most awsome on to date. I think Pontiac made a mistake when they decided to drop this model from their line up. I like to smo0ke the tires when the imports roll up to me at the lights.

A Man's Dream Car

by from Livermore, California on December 8, 2008

I just bought my Firebird and I love it. Fun to ride, excellent handling, great on gas, (if you have a V6) and a head turner. If you're thinking about getting one GO FOR IT!!! You won't forget it.

Package by its cover

by from San Diego, CA on February 9, 2011

When I bought this car new in 2000, it ran, looked, and even felt like a real-deal sportscar. However, after only one year, it began to have problems, such as the manual gearbox started to stick in third gear, the breaks somehow developed a small delay from foot-to-floor and reacton-from-vehicle. I know that it's 1. an American car, 2. its a sports car, and 3. it a PONTIAC, so i had expected these things to be problems down the road, but not only after one year of driving. I knew a friend who experianced the same problem with his own Pontiac Firebird. I traded the car in for a 2000 Ford Mustang, and was considerably more pleased with that than the Firebird.

Similar Models